XRP 50mm 4200kv
I would like to share some experience on a very promising 50 mm XRP 11 blade 4200kv (4S version) EDF units that I recently got for my model airliner to fit into small nacelles (and keep scale proportions of the project)
Equipment: 4S Hyperion 3300 mAh 45C lipo, Hobbywing 100A ESC, What’s Up meter, AWS SR-5 hanging scale on a thrust rig
- Nice quality of the manufacturing, sturdy fan and the housing with a separate intake lip.
- Lightweight, only 74 g.
- Easy to disassemble and service the whole unit.
- 3,5 mm connectors.
- Very impressive power (800> g of thrust at 26A and 390W, unobstructed FSA).
- Very hard to balance due to light weight of the rotating parts and high rpm motor.
- Low quality of the bearings. If unbalanced, vibration quickly develops radial play in the front bearing.
- Inconsistent factory balancing of each unit. Some units come balanced OK, some still have significant vibration.
These are great little fans that can provide lots of thrust, with proper throttle management up to 900 g at take-off (unobstructed FSA) using 4S lipos. Proper balance increases thrust and reduces amp draw very significantly, for this unit in particular. Design of the motor allows replacement of the bearings with more durable ones. All of that makes the unit one of the best in class, as long as there is a reliable way to re-balance the spinner-fan-motor assembly.
I am trying to fit in a drill bit as an axle for magnetic balancing of the tiny fan, will post later how it goes.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sold||Two XRP 50mm edfs||The Don||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||2||Apr 22, 2015 12:38 AM|
|Sold||Spare XRP 50mm 11 blade EDF fan units||The Don||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||10||Mar 07, 2015 02:20 PM|
|Sold||Jpower 50mm T-33 with XRP fan unit.||The Don||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||3||Feb 21, 2015 10:19 PM|
|Sold||New 50mm XRP 11 blade fan||EDFPILOT||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||2||Jan 19, 2015 06:36 AM|
|Sold||New XRP 50mm 11 balde 3S motor fan units||The Don||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||8||Dec 21, 2014 07:45 PM|