SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:08 PM
Joined Oct 2006
198 Posts
Discussion
Syma 9093 Dragonfly not charging

Hey all, i am new here and am now getting into RC helicopters. I got this one yesterday, flew it out of the box and now it WILL NOT charge. Also, the part where you adjust on the main circuit board broke off very easily but i was still flying it after that without adjusting it. It just wont charge though, what should i do?
mxsx5 is offline Find More Posts by mxsx5
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:33 PM
Joined Oct 2006
198 Posts
Also, is the light on the charger supposed to come on? Seems like there is a very small light on it but it does not come on. Should i order a new battery AND charger? Also, do you guys think it could be something to do with the motor at all?>
Old Oct 11, 2006, 05:48 PM
Joined Oct 2006
198 Posts
Any help at all on this issue please? I would also like to learn how to wire the AAA batteries together in series and make my own battery back. Can anyone guide me with this? I just got this thing this week and i am disapointed that i can't get it working after the first fly.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 07:04 AM
Joined Nov 2005
146 Posts
I had a HX Big Dragonfly.. same chopper really.. although im suprised to find that you broke off the so called gyro pot bit and its still flying ok.. must have had it in that sweet spot before you broke it..

im not sure if the chargers differ, but all mine is.. or was..

is a wall adapter with a battery connection on the end that you plugged into the battery on the chopper (and then had to endure a 4 to 6 hour charge for 10 minutes of flight)

I had to use a timer dial on the powerpoint for mine to plug into.. the charger doesnt turn off by itself

however the light as far as I know should come on to indicate that the power adaptor is active.. it should happen instantly weather the batterys connected or not.. you find a similar thing on any "dime a dozen" power adaptors from electronic stores. which is all this is.. minus a few approvals

the short of it is.. no light = dead adaptor
and its not like other real R/C aircraft where you can blame the battery because the charger isnt intelligent.. the fault here would be the so called charger

goodluck with the chopper.. I liked mine.. but the tail rotor burnt out rather quick. I replaced it with a similar motor from one of them 2 channel gliders they sell on ebay.. like the syma supersonic and suchlike.. it ran well. .but ultimately the gear kept slipping and it was time to end it..

was my first experience in RC choppers.. dont judge R/C choppers by the dragonfly.. it looks like a chopper and it sets new standards in being bulletproof construction...but.. its not really close to anything practical you can buy.. even the little foam coated twin blade coaxials fly better (and run longer)

for your next chopper i'd recomend one of them piccozs or gyrotors maybe.. something durable but at the same time.. flyable
Captain Fry is offline Find More Posts by Captain Fry
Old Oct 12, 2006, 07:09 AM
Joined Oct 2006
198 Posts
My charger light does not come on at all, maybe its the charger then. Thanks for good info. I am trying to get my hands on a new charger and battery and see what happens.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:03 PM
Joined Nov 2012
22 Posts
If you can get into the charger case you may find a fuse inside which you may have to unsolder to change. Or a resistor may have burnt out. Probably though it may be two charred to read colour. It is usually in the region of 1 OHM resistance. However if you cannot read the colours it would be safer to buy a new charger. Unless you know a tame electronics person on hand I have heard that the adjuster button may jusi press it on or use Plastic Magic. Use a childs paint brush artists brush. Apply a drop on the back os the button and hold in place.for a minute. May need 2 goes but just a film on the surface none running. Good luck P. S. what were you doing to the adjuster any way ?
onetenor is offline Find More Posts by onetenor