HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 03:10 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
366 Posts
I had actually lowered that to 20 because 55 was to high of a setting for my MiniTitan. Then after flying it a few times at 20 I went to 0. At one time I thought pitch to elevator was affecting FFF some( making nose dive down after completing a loop or flip ). At a setting of 55 the nose would drop in a vertical climbout. At 0 the heli climbs out level or very close to level. The heli should stay level in a vertical climb. For now I believe my MT is flying better with it at 0. In the future I may experiment some with it but for now I don`t need any mixing going on to help solve my one and only problem I`m having which may just be the swash in/out speed to high for a small Heli.

My take on the pitch to ele. setting is that it`s like the SK360 tail drag comp but I may be wrong.
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2012, 01:23 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,354 Posts
My Robird G31 should arrive in a few days, I was wondering if you have posted a list of your settings for a 450(I'm putting mine on a Beam).I know the numbers will vary greatly from one model to the next , just want to get my settings close or are the defaults close enough?
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Apr 2010
366 Posts
All the setups in Setup Guide & Performance Guide are depended on your Heli and equipment. There are a few things to make sure you do. The two pots on gyro for ail & ele are still at the stock setting from the day I installed it on MT325.I added captions to pictures....
Last edited by IFHELI; Jun 27, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:56 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,354 Posts
Thank you, that's just the kind of info I was looking for!Another question:Is this unit fairly vibration tolerant( I've been using a cx3x1000 )?
Steve
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:11 PM
Joined Apr 2010
366 Posts
I have not had any vibration or static problems at all. It is mounted useing the 3M 4010 tape. This tape is very rigid.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 05:17 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
hk-parts.com has asked me if I would like to do a review on the ALZRC 3GYS v2, like I did for the v1. They have kindly offered to send me a unit at no charge, for the review.

My question is, especially to boredom.is.me, how do you feel about me setting up a new thread, where I will post the review and maintain the first post, like I've done with the 3GYS v1 and the ZYX/ZYX-S.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1490079
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512179

If you agree, I'll make sure I link back to this thread, and to all the things of interest in this thread. Let me know what you think.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jun 29, 2012, 06:42 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,437 Posts
It's a review. Go ahead and do your thing.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:56 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,264 Posts
Good to hear BF....I think you will really like this gyro as well..
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:17 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,354 Posts
Need help

I received my Robird G31 and have gone through the different menus but can't get my tail gyro direction correct.Not sure what I'm missing everything else is moving correct.
Steve
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:28 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
It's all done through the direction setting tab 6. Make sure you have the correct orientation selected, or try setting the gyro to the opposite top/bottom.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:32 PM
Joined Apr 2010
366 Posts
I had no problems getting it to work on my first try. I would go back thru it again. Did you select the correct mounting direction??
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:45 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,354 Posts
On my computer screen I'm not geting the full picture so on tab no.6 I can't get to the gyro reverse box.My maximize button on my screen is grayed out, I'm not a computer whizz so these things frustrate me.
Steve
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Apr 2010
366 Posts
And that is the button you need to change....LOL... You may have to change the DPI on computer to get to it then.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:52 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
The Windows DPI setting needs to be set to 96. If you've increased the Windows font size (which changes the DPI setting), the app will not fit in the frame.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:44 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,354 Posts
It took me awhile to find the dpi setting to change it ,( it was at 125).Checked the tail change box and now it's working the correct directions.Any of the defaults I should change right away?Im going to give it a hover test soon!The software works great once you can see it all.Thanks for the quick response !! Editid hover test in 30 mph wind, the gyro is impressive with default settings, I'm sure with fine tuning it will be awesome!My bench mark was the cx3x1000 so it won't be hard to beat(the Cx didn't like my servos Kst115 but this unit sure does).
Steve
Last edited by Kauaiguy; Jul 02, 2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Add info