Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:48 AM
Find More Posts by pabbas
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Apr 2012
36 Posts
Careful!
My first and last transaction with Grayson Hobby

This is just my personal experience with Grayson Hobby. Hopefully will give people more informed decision when deciding to deal with Grayson Hobby.

I decided my purchase to Grayson Hobby after reading information at 6mmflyrc.com and rcpowers.com. Blindly without checking other sources in the internet I went to their website and made a purchase on 10/16/12.

I got an email from them at 10/17/12 saying that my package is shipped by first class mail. Based on experience from other merchants, and checking USPS website, first class mail only took 3 days to be delivered to my doorstep.

On 10/19/12 I checked the status of the shipment and still said electronic shipping info received. I submit a question through their support system asking what happened to my package since USPS hasn't accepted it yet.

I got a reply from them saying it was shipped on the 17th and "COULD HAVE BEEN PICK UP" on the 18th. Immediately after reading this phrase of "could have been pick up" I got worried, as they intentionally state it might or not have been pick up on the 18th. And I'm sure they will use this as an excuse later on to said that they never said the item has been picked up by the post office. And according to the tracking number, the USPS was electronically notified on the 18th and not even the 17th.

I sent them a reply again on the same day and ask them to recheck whether it has been picked up or not because they used that "could have been" phrase. And I got the same copy and paste answer. This has gotten me mad and more worried. I browsed the internet and got similar case of they postponing delivery because they ordered the item first and deliver it to customer later.

On 10/23/12 I sent them again an email, telling them I don't like to being lied to and asked them to give me proof of USPS acceptance or I will file a dispute through paypal.

Until 10/24/12 evening I didn't get any reply for them, I'm guessing they tried to call my bluff or just want to buy more time. I filed a dispute through paypal stating the facts.

10/25/12 Basil, the owner, sent me a reply saying that they have the right to choose the cheapest shipping method and state that my package takes exceptional and not typical delivery time. They even said that weather and flight status will affect the shipment in reply to my paypal dispute.

I replied to Basil on that same day stating that I have no problem they chose the cheapest shipping method, my problem is it's not even accepted in USPS yet. I told him he doesn't even have the decency to admit his mistake. And told him if he can't provide the proof that USPS has accepted the package be prepared to file a claim through paypal.

And poof! 3 hours after my reply the status of the package changed to acceptance by USPS without any reply from them, without any "SORRY" from them, without any offer of upgrading the shipping after 1 week has passed since their claimed shipping date.

Seems like what I read in the internet are true. My guess is they accepted my order on the 16th. They ordered the item from some other merchants. They purchase shipping label on the 17th to tell me that they have shipped my item. And they played the waiting game by dodging my questions, and using the phrase "could have been" so they can hide behind it later if confronted.

Now the package is on its way to my place, and I don't know whether it's the correct item or not or even I want to accept the package later. I still keep the dispute open in paypal as this is an intentional neglect from them.

For you who are planning to make a transaction with them, hopefully this post can give you more information whether to continue or not.

For you who are still waiting for your package without any updates in the tracking status (even if you choose UPS shipping), just file a claim to your bank or paypal, depends on your payment method. They can't provide any proof that the item has been delivered so they won't have any solid argument if confronted by paypal or your bank. And since they don't even shipped your order yet, they don't have the right to have your money.
pabbas is offline Find More Posts by pabbas
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by porcia83
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,329 Posts
I always give the vendor the benefit of the doubt on shipping info from the USPS. They are almost always more reliable than the USPS computers. I've received packages in the mail before the online link even shows it was shipped.

The vendor thread is rife with comments on this vendor, you've been on here at least 6 months, why didn't you review here before purchasing?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Apr 2012
36 Posts
Well like I posted there, it changed to acceptance on 10/25, 7 days after the shipping. So it's not USPS fault, they just didn't give the item to USPS until 10/25.

That question of yours is also what I asked to myself after all this happened. Why didn't I checked before, instead just jumped and placed an order.

It's a lesson well learn for me, that's why I just want to share it to others who's in the same situation or are planning to deal with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
I always give the vendor the benefit of the doubt on shipping info from the USPS. They are almost always more reliable than the USPS computers. I've received packages in the mail before the online link even shows it was shipped.

The vendor thread is rife with comments on this vendor, you've been on here at least 6 months, why didn't you review here before purchasing?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:26 PM
Lou
Find More Posts by Lou
Lou
Ground Penetration Tester
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
7,497 Posts
Problem may not be the USPS computer. Some vendors do all the USPS packaging, tracking, etc from their office. If the vendor does this shipping routine on a Monday and doesn't deliver the package to the P.O. until Friday, then the USPS can not be held at fault.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Apr 2012
36 Posts
Yup. In this case Grayson purchase the shipping label from third party vendor on the 17th just to show to me (customer) that they already ship the item. But they never drop the item to the post office nor the post office never picked up the item from their store. They just want to use the stale postage to be able to said that they already fulfill their part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake View Post
Problem may not be the USPS computer. Some vendors do all the USPS packaging, tracking, etc from their office. If the vendor does this shipping routine on a Monday and doesn't deliver the package to the P.O. until Friday, then the USPS can not be held at fault.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:11 PM
Find More Posts by warbirdguyn951
Suspended Account
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Nov 2003
554 Posts
My first order went off with no problems I orded parts for my dynam jet they arrived with in 4 days of me placing the order. Dont know what happen with you but Im very happy and will buy from them again
warbirdguyn951 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdguyn951
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:14 PM
Joined Apr 2012
36 Posts
My guess is they have your order in stock.
If you think you're fine, do order from them again. This post is just an input, whatever decision people took after reading this is based on their own consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCforithobbies View Post
My first order went off with no problems I orded parts for my dynam jet they arrived with in 4 days of me placing the order. Dont know what happen with you but Im very happy and will buy from them again
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Foam abuser!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
20,247 Posts
I ALWAYS try to get all orders out within 24 hours from the time the order was placed, even if the package is shipping just First Class, and not Priority. Even using Fisrt Class, I've never had a package take more than 3 business days to arrive anywhere in the US.

I can understand if a company gets a lot of orders it might take up to 48 hours to ship a package, but anything after that there's no excuse (except for back orders of course).

pabbas, since you mentioned 6mmFlyRC amd RC Powers, I assume you went to Grayson for a power system for a pusher jet? Possibly the Park Jet V2 motor? If you need this package in the future, might I suggest the one I sell?

http://www.nicohobbies.com/store/ind...roducts_id=244

Same specs and performance as the PJ V2, but cheaper and better service.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,329 Posts
Plug alert, Plug alert!

I'll have to keep that in mind for my next park jet!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:51 PM
Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Foam abuser!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
20,247 Posts
Yes, yes. Plug alert.

I figured since I was so into pusher jets, even though the majority of my business is the smaller ones, I decided to start importing the tried and true 2212/6 - 2200kv motors for the larger birds. I use this one on my Concorde and it goes 70 mph. I just finished creating a Twin Concorde and have two of these bad boys on it! I haven't maidened it yet though.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,329 Posts
I had a twin Concorde last year...tiny little motors but it hauled around nicely.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
36 Posts
Hi,

thanks for the offer. I've looked at your website, and considering several items for my current project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
I ALWAYS try to get all orders out within 24 hours from the time the order was placed, even if the package is shipping just First Class, and not Priority. Even using Fisrt Class, I've never had a package take more than 3 business days to arrive anywhere in the US.

I can understand if a company gets a lot of orders it might take up to 48 hours to ship a package, but anything after that there's no excuse (except for back orders of course).

pabbas, since you mentioned 6mmFlyRC amd RC Powers, I assume you went to Grayson for a power system for a pusher jet? Possibly the Park Jet V2 motor? If you need this package in the future, might I suggest the one I sell?

http://www.nicohobbies.com/store/ind...roducts_id=244

Same specs and performance as the PJ V2, but cheaper and better service.

Pat
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:03 PM View Post
ProteusModels
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:11 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteusModels View Post
Who are you and why do you see fit to comment on a zillion threads where your input is not asked for or required??? I just joined and see you EVERYWHERE...

You are marked as a troll. Welcome to my ignore list.
Well hey there new member, welcome to RCG. I appreciate you taking some time to read my posts. Hope you enjoy.

Here's something you might want to take a look at as you start your glorious journey on this great site.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/wlist.php

Enjoy the reading and your point.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,329 Posts
I stand corrected, enjoy your vacation. Looks like Froggy is settling in at the last place that will have him and is taking is cues from the misfits. Enjoy the view buddy!
Last edited by porcia83; Nov 06, 2012 at 09:29 AM.