Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:21 PM
Find More Posts by RCBlackSheep
I'd Rather Be Flying
Stockton CA
Joined Feb 2009
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavDorro View Post
Surprisingly found local hobby shop has access to any size Dave Brown spinner with many in stock. Have to go back with the original to size it up. But it does put me one step closer to getting it back in the air. Aluminium spinner will end up being less money if allowing for shipping costs.
Thanks go to Hobbytech International - one of the best ranges in Perth and really knowledgeable staff.
Support the locals?
Awesome! They have any advice about the cowl? Those knowledgeable guys usually have really good ideas about stuff like that. Sometimes, ideas that are so easy, it makes you say, "why didn't I think of that?" I live in a good size city and we only have 1 LHS and they only have RTF foamies, RTF quads and kids toys... If we had a well stocked LHS I would probably support it too. Hasn't been one of those in this city in 20 years.
RCBlackSheep is offline Find More Posts by RCBlackSheep
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2015, 03:59 AM
Find More Posts by GavDorro
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBlackSheep View Post
Awesome! They have any advice about the cowl? Those knowledgeable guys usually have really good ideas about stuff like that. Sometimes, ideas that are so easy, it makes you say, "why didn't I think of that?" I live in a good size city and we only have 1 LHS and they only have RTF foamies, RTF quads and kids toys... If we had a well stocked LHS I would probably support it too. Hasn't been one of those in this city in 20 years.
Spent the day pulling the wreck out of storage. And started on the salvage operation. Had another look at the cowl. It actually is not that bad.
Also salvaged the rudder off the tail plane. Did some major surgery with a dremel and a hacksaw blade and managed to get the elevator off the tail assembly with zero damage. It required a bit of sanding and I will need some new brace tubing but the parts list is slowly coming back together.
GavDorro is offline Find More Posts by GavDorro
Old May 24, 2016, 02:45 PM
Find More Posts by Tomster79
Germany, HE, Schöneck
Joined Dec 2012
83 Posts
Does anybody know :
The Corsair 20cc Struts fit for the Mustang , too ?
Tomster79 is offline Find More Posts by Tomster79
Old May 24, 2016, 11:22 PM
Find More Posts by RCBlackSheep
I'd Rather Be Flying
Stockton CA
Joined Feb 2009
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomster79 View Post
Does anybody know :
The Corsair 20cc Struts fit for the Mustang , too ?
I don't know but these do fit with a little work.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...VSEARCH=TA1674
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...VSEARCH=LXES71
and these wheels
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...VSEARCH=LXES44
Look more scale like too
RCBlackSheep is offline Find More Posts by RCBlackSheep
Old May 25, 2016, 10:47 AM
Find More Posts by thedeuce
Canada, AB, Okotoks
Joined Apr 2007
1,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBlackSheep View Post

I agree here. I have these ones for mine. The only mod I had to do was to the length.
thedeuce is offline Find More Posts by thedeuce