SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:21 AM
Joined Jan 2015
2 Posts
I have it plugged into the ez serial 0 port. With the bluetooth disconnected and usb connected I see serial data on rx and tx on the same connector. I don't have another flight controler but have tried multiple android devices. Another strange thing is with the bluetooth module connected, the flight controler takes a couple extra seconds to start and when I connect to it with my phone the oled goes into the pid adjust menu?
Ccates is offline Find More Posts by Ccates
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2015, 08:39 AM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Jun 2006
1,177 Posts
I would try to disconnect the peripherals like the OLED and see if it works. Try hooking it up to the pinned Serial0 connections, too? That shouldn't make a difference but who knows.
umdpru is online now Find More Posts by umdpru
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:01 AM
United States, MI
Joined Sep 2014
224 Posts
Reset all PID's to default. If they already are, using config.h disable your barometer as these guys said. You may have to change your board type to do this. If Still no luck, disable the rest of your sensors one by one with test flights between.

Have you programmed your 3 position switch? It definitely sounds like you may have programmed it wrong and its now stuck in altitude hold mode. Actually on second thought, the first thing to do is clear out your 3 pos switch so that it does nothing. Then test and i bet it will climb like crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynam View Post
Hi, in have a F450 2830 800kv motors 10"props brand new battery 3s 5000mah
Using multiwii pro board black from witespy . On level flight no mater how much throttle I give it it does motors want to climb in fact in just slowly comes down even at full throttle , than goes back up just a little , but doesn't climb at all when throtten is given . It didn't not use to do that . I using turnigy 9X radio.all my end points are at 120 and the sub trim on the thottest has no effect wheat he I put I up all the way or turn it down .
what can I do to fix this , what am I doing wrong , is there some setting that I enabled by mistake . HELP PLEASE
UberNiK is online now Find More Posts by UberNiK
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2015, 01:08 PM
United States, AR, Royal
Joined Jan 2015
25 Posts
Newbee

Greetings all. I have been lurking here for a few days and finally decided on a direction. Just ordered a multiwii pro ez 3.0 board along with a FS T9XB transmitter and a pile of parts for my first build.

Looking forward to getting into the exciting world of multi Wii flight. Have a great area for an FPV race/obstacle track on my 27 acres but know no local flyers, yet.

Currently practicing with a Wltoys v666 and having a blast. When those brushed motors wear out, which likely wont be long, I plan to rebuild it with brush-less ones, That may include rebuilding it with a multiwii as well. I guess two might qualify for the beginning of a mini squadron?

Thanks for your contributions to my quest. I am slowly reading through the thousands of posts here and looking forward to many hours digging through that library of wisdom as I get up to speed. To an old retired programmer and computer tech this is about as exciting as it gets. Right up there with a trip to Wal Mart.
Chuck41 is offline Find More Posts by Chuck41
Old Jan 23, 2015, 01:11 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,177 Posts
you made a good choice, chuck. MW will be right up your alley since you're a programmer. IMO, the biggest stumbling block is learning Arduino and and how to set your parameters and upload it to the flight controller.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2015, 01:39 PM
United States, MI
Joined Sep 2014
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck41 View Post
Greetings all. I have been lurking here for a few days and finally decided on a direction. Just ordered a multiwii pro ez 3.0 board along with a FS T9XB transmitter and a pile of parts for my first build.

Looking forward to getting into the exciting world of multi Wii flight. Have a great area for an FPV race/obstacle track on my 27 acres but know no local flyers, yet.

Currently practicing with a Wltoys v666 and having a blast. When those brushed motors wear out, which likely wont be long, I plan to rebuild it with brush-less ones, That may include rebuilding it with a multiwii as well. I guess two might qualify for the beginning of a mini squadron?

Thanks for your contributions to my quest. I am slowly reading through the thousands of posts here and looking forward to many hours digging through that library of wisdom as I get up to speed. To an old retired programmer and computer tech this is about as exciting as it gets. Right up there with a trip to Wal Mart.

I started out exactly like you, with the same backround. I bought a Multiwii just like you. If I could give you just ONE piece of advice it would be as follows. Buy a KK2 flight controller, you can get them used for 10 bucks. Build your copter as you would with the multiwii, with all the connections, even the gps installed if you'd like even though kk doesn't support it. This will get you acclimated with your hardware and then after you get in a few flight's, you install the Multiwii. When you encounter your first issue, which trust me, you WILL, you can automatically rule out any hardware issues, and there are ALOT of potential hardware issues.

I was given this same advice when I started with my MultiWii. Of course I did not heed it, I thought I was special, "I'm like a god when it comes to electronic's hardware. Those issues are only for people who can't do what I do." Let me tell ya', it was a disaster. When I finally installed a $20 KK2 board, I hammered out some 6 different problems with hardware. Obvious stuff that I thought I thought I was too smart to miss. After some flight's with the KK2, I put my multiwii in and it flew like a champ, after I fixed all the software stuff of course, hah.
UberNiK is online now Find More Posts by UberNiK
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2015, 02:23 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,177 Posts
That's a good point, Ubernick. I started out with a Flip 1.5 which proved out the mechanics of the MRC. I quickly installed JUST the Ez3.0 then gradually, over the course of several weeks, installed the ancillary items like BT, GPS. Now, I'm finally getting around to installing AP/FPV gear which is being done the same way, one piece at a time.

I wouldn't get a KK board, though. I would definitely recommend getting a Flip 1.5 which is about as simple a MWC FC as you can get.

Or....

Just dive in head first and prepare to tread water!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2015, 05:58 PM
United States, AR, Royal
Joined Jan 2015
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by umdpru View Post
That's a good point, Ubernick. I started out with a Flip 1.5 which proved out the mechanics of the MRC. I quickly installed JUST the Ez3.0 then gradually, over the course of several weeks, installed the ancillary items like BT, GPS. Now, I'm finally getting around to installing AP/FPV gear which is being done the same way, one piece at a time.

I wouldn't get a KK board, though. I would definitely recommend getting a Flip 1.5 which is about as simple a MWC FC as you can get.

Or....

Just dive in head first and prepare to tread water!
That sounds like fun "treading water". Been there, done that!

I will certainly think about that KK board startup. It does make sense to walk before you run even though it might be at the cost of some of the "fun". I fully expected to spend a lot of time running one piece at a time as ground tests before launching the thing. Doing that up to first flights might be a good way to attack it.
Chuck41 is offline Find More Posts by Chuck41
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM
Johninarky
Rogers,Arkansas
Joined Jul 2005
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck41 View Post

Hi Chuck,
I see you have received some thoughts from a few RC'ers, so I will add mine.
I was a newbee a year ago to multirotors, not to RC, started in 1954 and have done programming for some time. I studied, just as you and ended up buying the same board from Paul, except the black version, as i wanted to add GPS, also have Led ring.
I used Paul's version of MultiWii 2.3, changed a few things in config.h, I use a switch for ARM and also since I fly using FrSky Taranis used SBUS. That was a problem for a while, but found the solution. My Quad is a 450. Took off using Horizon for the first flight, and it flew just fine. Altitude Hold, GPS and GPS Position Hold all work very well. Some day I will try and change the PID's just
for fun. Good luck.
John
jlremr is online now Find More Posts by jlremr
Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,177 Posts
What was your sbus issue? I just got a Taranis and plan on going with sbus.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 01:38 PM
Johninarky
Rogers,Arkansas
Joined Jul 2005
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by umdpru View Post
What was your sbus issue? I just got a Taranis and plan on going with sbus.
If you are referring to my comment to Chuck, the problem back in Dec. of 2013 for MultiWii 2.3 was SBUS code could not handle 16 channels. If you were using an X8R for example in Mode 4 as I was, the signals in the GUI showed all jumping around. The problem was solved by setting the signals out to 14 or less. Later a new release #1648 solved that problem. I don't think that the software for the EZ3 Pro in Pauls dropbox is updated to 1648 since it shows a date of 1 year ago.
You can do as I did and limit channels out to 14 or download the latest version of
Multiwii 2.3, #1648 or later and then cross check the config.h code to see what
items are defined.
If you are using an X8R or a X6R, you need to download the latest FrSky software for them to solve the SBUS overflow problem.

http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/ind...id=12&pro_id=0

Don't know what that is or what problems is caused, didn't bother me any, but I am going to do that for my Rx's in my multirotors today.
John
Old Today, 02:40 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
901 Posts
That problem only happens if you are extending the Taranis pulse widths by more than 125%. The problem shows up at about 128% because the count exceeds 11 bits (maximum for S.BUS). Most people would never see this problem.

More info here and here

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlremr View Post
If you are using an X8R or a X6R, you need to download the latest FrSky software for them to solve the SBUS overflow problem.

http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/ind...id=12&pro_id=0

Don't know what that is or what problems is caused, didn't bother me any, but I am going to do that for my Rx's in my multirotors today.
John
JohnRB is online now Find More Posts by JohnRB
Old Today, 03:06 PM
Johninarky
Rogers,Arkansas
Joined Jul 2005
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRB View Post
That problem only happens if you are extending the Taranis pulse widths by more than 125%. The problem shows up at about 128% because the count exceeds 11 bits (maximum for S.BUS). Most people would never see this problem.

More info here and here

John
Thanks John, saves me from having to update Rx's already installed.
John