USA Grand Opening Sale! USA Grand Opening Sale!
Old Sep 11, 2015, 01:02 AM
Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,502 Posts
New Product
The NEW Precision Aerobatics XR-61 - video added

No.. its not a wrong sticker on the XR-52 - it really is the new XR-61.

If you love our Katana MX, or the XR-52 - the XR-61 takes the best of both. It is the largest, and the most accurate plane currently available in the PA line.

The XR 61 design is sure to grant you an unmistaken giant-scale feel: being capable of stable, true and straight lines with unlimited power to recover from any situation.

Powered by Thrust 50 motor, PA Quantum 70 ESC and two 3S 2200mAh batteries wired in series. Swinging a Vox 15x8 wooden propeller and using HS-5245MG Hitec servos.

Get ready for a new experience at the flying field: feel connected. The XR-61 flies just the way you want it.

Specifications

Wing span - 61" /1550mm
Length - 57" /1447mm
Flying weight (AUW including batteries & spinner): approx 2028g / 71.5oz /4.47 lbs !!!!
Wing area - 807 sq. in !!!
Wing loading: 12.76oz/sq.ft

Will be in stock at the end of October.. in red, blue or green.

Precision Aerobatics Team
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Precision Aerob; Sep 19, 2015 at 05:03 AM. Reason: added info
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2015, 01:07 AM
Find More Posts by addz
no fate but what we make
perth , australia
Joined Apr 2010
72 Posts
Sweet, looking forward to the vid.
addz is offline Find More Posts by addz
Old Sep 11, 2015, 01:29 AM
Find More Posts by Poffertjesporem
Thumbs are overrated.
The Netherlands, NB, Sint-Michielsgestel
Joined Nov 2014
633 Posts
I'm i still dreaming?, it even comes with a switching BEC. PA really listens to its customers, nice work team PA!
Poffertjesporem is offline Find More Posts by Poffertjesporem
Old Sep 11, 2015, 03:29 AM
Find More Posts by lecaidduvol
Joined Mar 2012
160 Posts
my order to the german distributor is already out...will be the green one this time. Except for the ES, I own all PA planes (+ one or two from an other brand to compare...)
by the way, except for the smaller of the ESCs, they are all with switching BEC since around 4 or 5 years..
Have all a nice week-end...
Jonathan(France)
lecaidduvol is offline Find More Posts by lecaidduvol
Old Sep 11, 2015, 05:19 AM
Find More Posts by Soma888
Australia
Joined Nov 2012
622 Posts
Great looking plane. I owned the XR52 and it was a great airframe.
Soma888 is offline Find More Posts by Soma888
Old Sep 11, 2015, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by kohersh
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Apr 2011
1,021 Posts
Its a killer looking plane, I have a beautiful red XR-61 on my build table right now.

I love the LG cuffs and it has a spring loaded canopy latch which was highly requested to appear on our models as well. The cowling trim stripes are painted as well and the match of color and location is the best I've seen on anybodies model.
kohersh is offline Find More Posts by kohersh
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2015, 09:54 AM
Find More Posts by PeterDale
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2015
245 Posts
I don't see how it will give a giant scale feel when it looks like nothing scale. It's just another XR-52.

I hope it fly's different than the XR-52, I.E. without the 'wangliness' caused by an oversized (proportionally to the size of fuselage) wing.

I think actually PA haven't listed to people. The first 30 pages of the XR-52 thread were hundreds of posts from Guy's wanting something DIFFERENT form the Katana and other PA planes (all much of a muchness). They also asked for a plane to fly like a EF and 3DHS plane, but again you give us a XR-52!

Another big hurdle you have now is the Guy's wanting this size bird, want it to fly axial like a scale plane (Extra, Slicks, Yak's MXS etc etc). WHY? because these big balsa Guy's generally fly scale, IMAC and precision type 3D, a wangling un-axial bird ain't gunna cut it.

Now if this flies how it looks, 'wangly' i just can't see many of these being bought except the die hard PA Guy's.

I live in the UK and can't get EF or 3DHS (actually i can but they are stupid bucks). I so much want a good flying, well built and rock solid plane that PA can make. But your designers are stuck in a time capsule churning out the same design every time but just bigger
PeterDale is offline Find More Posts by PeterDale
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by lecaidduvol
Joined Mar 2012
160 Posts
Peter

you don't need to "promote" EF in an PA thread. There is a cheaper way.
Just go to HK and buy a similar kit. Then you will have what you Need. Same manufacturer as the two brands you indicate, and a big fuse for less money.
I really do not understand that each time PA releases a new kit, that there will be someone to critic the policy of this brand.
I suppose that nowhere on the box, there will be an indication taht YOU must buy it.
Jonathan (France) - addicted to PA of course...like I am with BMW when it comes to cars.
lecaidduvol is offline Find More Posts by lecaidduvol
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:21 PM
Find More Posts by aerofundan
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
4,126 Posts
Hi Peter, I have the XR-52 and X61, and the XR-52 is capable of everything any other brand does, easier, slower, and more relaxing, i have been the main test pilot for the XR-61...

Connected... Thats how I felt the first time i flew the XR-61, Shaun V (designer) took all the feedback from customers, team pilots, and myself on what we wanted to change on this plane, and he provided a plane that makes you feel connected to it all the time, on low rates i couldn't believe how precise this plane feels, it gives a similar feeling as the big F3A pattern ships, or a big 100cc IMAC airplane, and when you switch to high rates, you get the crazy high energy 3D flying of a smaller plane, yet this one has the stability of a big plane. There isn't one maneuver that didnt make me WOW, knife edge has 0 coupling, harriers and elevators are so easy that it feels like this plane has a gyro, it feels completely locked in and gives that connected feeling that really make me love this plane.

Daniel Dominguez
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:22 PM
Find More Posts by aerofundan
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
4,126 Posts
Also we have a video of the XR-61 flying, almost ready to post very soon
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2015, 02:11 PM
Find More Posts by demonGti
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,179 Posts
Awesome Daniel. looking forward to seeing the video.
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old Sep 11, 2015, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by flygilmore
Pro Bro #1963
United States, VA, Dublin
Joined Mar 2004
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecaidduvol View Post
Peter

you don't need to "promote" EF in an PA thread. There is a cheaper way.
Just go to HK and buy a similar kit. Then you will have what you Need. Same manufacturer as the two brands you indicate, and a big fuse for less money.
I really do not understand that each time PA releases a new kit, that there will be someone to critic the policy of this brand.
I suppose that nowhere on the box, there will be an indication taht YOU must buy it.
Jonathan (France) - addicted to PA of course...like I am with BMW when it comes to cars.
You are seriously misinformed if you think HK and EF/3DHS planes are even remotely on the same planet much less from the same facility.
I'll agree about the "stuck in a time capsule" as well. I guess it's great for the guys that like flying kites lol!!
flygilmore is offline Find More Posts by flygilmore
Old Sep 11, 2015, 05:46 PM
Find More Posts by mnavarro
United States, CA, SF
Joined Oct 2010
1,073 Posts
subscribed.... I'm interested in this. I'm interested in this for multiple reasons, including the fact I want to standardize my battery packs and love 3sx2 2200mah. I just hope it's not as fragile as my Addiction XL. Never have I broken as much stuff on a plane just by handling it.
mnavarro is online now Find More Posts by mnavarro
Old Sep 11, 2015, 07:17 PM
Find More Posts by old_coastie
"Some do, some don't"
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jul 2013
3,028 Posts
Subscribed....

Ahhhhgggggg... Just when I had made up my mind to buy the AMR...

Must resist..... But will follow along, one good plane leads to another, and another and another... Gonna need a bigger plane room...

Mark R.

old_coastie
old_coastie is offline Find More Posts by old_coastie
Old Sep 11, 2015, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
4,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coastie View Post
Subscribed....

Ahhhhgggggg... Just when I had made up my mind to buy the AMR...

Must resist..... But will follow along, one good plane leads to another, and another and another... Gonna need a bigger plane room...

Mark R.

old_coastie
Does your wife know that she will be living in the Garage
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1