New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2016, 02:38 PM
Find More Posts by uninc4life2010
Joined Jan 2016
13 Posts
Discussion
I'm building my first fpv plane, and I was looking for suggestions for gear.

I'm building a 48" Sweepwings Juggernaut and I was looking for suggestions for components and how to setup a not-too-expensive fpv system for my wing. What do I need? I assume it invloves a camera, transmitter, and a set of goggles. Some people I talked to mentioned the Mobius cameras, but I don't really know. Does the fpv camera need a separate power source? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

BTW, I'm not looking to get into long range just yet, so that isn't a concern now.
uninc4life2010 is offline Find More Posts by uninc4life2010
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2016, 05:57 PM
Find More Posts by lunithy
Registered RC Abuser
Australia, NSW, Hunters Hill
Joined Nov 2013
194 Posts
Top 10 things I wish I'd paid attention to when getting started in FPV.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567954
How to FPV: Newbies thread - New Multirotor tuning video
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1355327
lunithy is online now Find More Posts by lunithy
Old Jan 11, 2016, 01:55 PM
Find More Posts by schumixmd
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
2,346 Posts
Well, a not too expensive will be hard but

What I would recommend if you don't know nothing about FPV, go and search for FPV starter kit on ReadyMadeRC or GetFPV. They have some kits on which you can make the idea what do you need, but then just search for the cheaper options..
Actually you need:
- videoTX. I recommend go 5.8 if you don't need very long range. Later you will improve your range with better antennas.
- matching videoRX
- fpv camera.
- a pair of decent antennas
- something to watch on..

There are different opinions about running the camera+vtx out of separate battery or out of the flying pack. I do use single battery setup, other will suggest separate battery, but I think you can start with one battery to keep it cheap, afterwards you can decide for yourself...

And yeah, just watch IBCrazy's videos... He will teach you more things....
schumixmd is online now Find More Posts by schumixmd