New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by kostakigogos
Joined Aug 2015
31 Posts
Discussion
FPV Goggles For The Hard of Seeing

Hello all! I am getting into fpv racing and am currently awaiting parts for my first race build. The one thing I have yet to order is my fpv setup. I have fairly poor eyesight and do not think that I will be able to wear a standard pair of fatsharks So my question is; what are the guys who wear glasses using? So far I've looked into the headplay goggles, vuexl vx 1 goggles, and the hobbyking quanum v2 kit. So far the quanum seem to be the best option as the screen has a good resolution and people seem to love them,and if i can figure out what type of transmitter and receiver to get it should be very good value for money. Please weigh in on what you use or what you think would be good. Thank you.
kostakigogos is offline Find More Posts by kostakigogos
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2015, 02:48 PM
Find More Posts by DanT
United States, TX
Joined Feb 2006
2,250 Posts
Us guys that use glasses use lens in side of FatShark goggles.
Next , if you see fine up close FatShark makes lens for there goggles
If you see fine at distance,, but not good up close,, you will have to make your own lens for goggles..
Like we did..
DanT
DanT is offline Find More Posts by DanT
Old Sep 19, 2015, 08:03 PM
Find More Posts by RC Madman68
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2014
1,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostakigogos View Post
Hello all! I am getting into fpv racing and am currently awaiting parts for my first race build. The one thing I have yet to order is my fpv setup. I have fairly poor eyesight and do not think that I will be able to wear a standard pair of fatsharks So my question is; what are the guys who wear glasses using? So far I've looked into the headplay goggles, vuexl vx 1 goggles, and the hobbyking quanum v2 kit. So far the quanum seem to be the best option as the screen has a good resolution and people seem to love them,and if i can figure out what type of transmitter and receiver to get it should be very good value for money. Please weigh in on what you use or what you think would be good. Thank you.
I have bad eyesight as well and did some research before ordering my goggles. I went with the Headplay HD's as my choice as they may allow you to wear glasses. I say may because everyone's head it shaped and sized different and fitment may work for some and not others. I have seen some that used a old pair of glasses and cut half of the arms off and glued them in place in the HP HD's. The HP HD's offer a great viewing screen as well and are about 50% the cost of the Fatshark HD's although the FS HD's do offer some features the HP HD's do not such as DVR and cooling fan but these are things that can be added to the HP HD's..
RC Madman68 is offline Find More Posts by RC Madman68