New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2015, 08:02 PM
Find More Posts by Destroy
Mil, WI
Joined Oct 1999
805 Posts
Discussion
Quietest CP Micro Helicopter?

Looking for a very quiet flyer. Silent as possible.

I'm guessing large blades but at a lower rpm would be the key.

If one can't buy this in a RTF state, would it be possible to mod easily enough?
Destroy is offline Find More Posts by Destroy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2015, 08:08 PM
Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
2,517 Posts
Walkera MiniCP or Nano CPX inthe small micro category.....120 D02s, slightly bigger....in larger sizes noise increases dramatically...say Align 250 DFC Plus, Blade 230 S......do not know about Nano CPS, but waiting for it makes a lot of sense...bnf or rtf....A small dab of PTFE grease on motor pinions, and tri-flow light oil on bearings dramatically reduces friction and noise....improves performance and life of mech. Parts. I would stay away from DFC designs, higher RPMs.....
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Last edited by ChespiIker; Sep 16, 2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 01:59 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,152 Posts
Stock Mini c/p is almost silent. Bl version you hear whine of blades due to higher head speed. Same for Nano CP-X's. Solo-pro 270 is very quiet also but a f/p.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 17, 2015, 02:27 AM
Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Fan of just about anything RC
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
21,493 Posts
Mini cp was my first suggestion too. With properly set gear mesh it is very silent.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2015, 09:32 AM
Find More Posts by randycastell
HCP100, HCP80, HFP100, HFP80
Joined Jan 2014
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Looking for a very quiet flyer. Silent as possible.

I'm guessing large blades but at a lower rpm would be the key.

If one can't buy this in a RTF state, would it be possible to mod easily enough?
Of all my helicopters, I am always aware of how silent the Esky 150 is when I fly indoors. It has short blades, low head speed and is very small. Cheap and RTF. It a fine flyer and very durable. The controller is fine for informal flying about terrorizing kittens and other indoor mammals.

http://www.banggood.com/ESKY-150-Min...-p-917713.html
randycastell is offline Find More Posts by randycastell
Old Sep 20, 2015, 05:25 PM
Find More Posts by 3D Ambitions
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Feb 2015
653 Posts
your's is a different case then mine. I like some noise, gears, rotors, servos all put together really adds to the experience. I like doing fly bys since i really enjoy seeing the heli fly by me with the doppler effect in concert. One of the reasons i enjoy the helis.
3D Ambitions is online now Find More Posts by 3D Ambitions
Old Sep 20, 2015, 05:40 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
21,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Ambitions View Post
your's is a different case then mine. I like some noise, gears, rotors, servos all put together really adds to the experience. I like doing fly bys since i really enjoy seeing the heli fly by me with the doppler effect in concert. One of the reasons i enjoy the helis.
There is noise and noise. When I have a quad like the Juncheng 3015-2 fly past with the rotors cutting aggressively through the air and creating a pulsating whirring sound, that adds to the experience. On some cheap quads the frame halves are wrapped with tape, to quiet these down, reducing vibrations. I wouldn't do that on the 3015-2, because I like the sound.

But when I fly a JJRC H11D, and it sounds more like a badly vibrating coffee grinder because the motors/gears just don't mesh properly, and the frame amplifies the unsteady noises, it's noise that most can do without.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2015, 05:56 PM
Find More Posts by 3D Ambitions
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Feb 2015
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
There is noise and noise. When I have a quad like the Juncheng 3015-2 fly past with the rotors cutting aggressively through the air and creating a pulsating whirring sound, that adds to the experience. On some cheap quads the frame halves are wrapped with tape, to quiet these down, reducing vibrations. I wouldn't do that on the 3015-2, because I like the sound.

But when I fly a JJRC H11D, and it sounds more like a badly vibrating coffee grinder because the motors/gears just don't mesh properly, and the frame amplifies the unsteady noises, it's noise that most can do without.
yeah i was referring to a nicely tuned machine lol I've heard the coffee grinder effect for sure, not a big fan either
3D Ambitions is online now Find More Posts by 3D Ambitions
Old Sep 21, 2015, 12:14 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
21,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Ambitions View Post
yeah i was referring to a nicely tuned machine lol I've heard the coffee grinder effect for sure, not a big fan either

I actually like the coffee grinder sound a lot, but only when it comes from grinding fresh beans for a delicious cup of cappucino, or a nice espresso. Not when it's the kind of sound coming from a flying machine, trying to sound like a coffee grinder.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2015, 02:38 PM
Find More Posts by MiG29Fulcrum
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
I have the reverse problem- my coffee grinder sounds like a helicopter...
I like the turbine whine of an electric heli. (Hate the noise of a nitro heli and the smoke making it look like it`s on fire...)
My Nine Eagles Bravo with the MD500E fuselage sounds great. I ran it with the fuselage off and it was way quieter, but didn`t sound good anymore. Full-scale helis are REALLY loud. Wanting a quiet heli is like wanting a quiet jet. The noise is most of the fun!
MiG29Fulcrum is offline Find More Posts by MiG29Fulcrum
Old Dec 15, 2015, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by ruffdog
United Kingdom, Scotland, Oban
Joined Apr 2008
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post

Old thread I know but, it's funny SoloProFan, Ive just this past couple of days been trying to rid my 3015-2 of vibrations etc. I've replaced one motor and the prop guards were brittle and broke after a few flights so were removed. I must have 50+ flights on with it and many smashes against the wall, but it keeps on coming back for more.

Anyways, It started getting a bit too rattly as the frame is parting and vibrating (bit like the Hubsan x4 arms) so i taped her up and much improvement. and hands free hover / trim only control in the living room.

JUST finished a 4 min flight with a hubsan 240mah (well used) pack and a set of those 3 blade props from china. (yeah i know, I've read the reviews and tried them before) but man oh man this is suuuuuper quiet now. battery a little hotter than normal though

Ruffie
ruffdog is offline Find More Posts by ruffdog
Old Dec 22, 2015, 04:38 PM
Find More Posts by fauconnier
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
1,022 Posts
Remove the canopy... it's a case of resonance.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier