hahaha That means I am good company

Ken
greyflight390 is online now Find More Posts by greyflight390
Old Mar 23, 2014, 08:56 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
3,947 Posts
I never did buy an engine from Bruce. i went to an RC auction in the Twin Cities. I bought a YS 120 in "as new" condition with 2 tanks of fuel through it as confirmed by the nephew of the original owner. Upon teardown I have to believe him. It came with a three blade prop and 2 1/2" spinner and a Pitts style smoke muffler. I paid $170 for the combo. The one time in my life I got a good deal. OH, I was able to run it briefly and it ran perfectly.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ghlight=ys+120

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Mar 23, 2014, 09:03 PM
United States, TX, League City
Joined Feb 2009
886 Posts
Hmmm I think you stole it

That is a heck of a good Deal Ken

Ken
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:09 AM
Joined Feb 2009
886 Posts
Well this weekend we move. Then in 2 weeks neck surgery.
So now I start cleaning up and packing up my build room. Packing in this case is a bit of an euphemism. Just put tools and supplies away.
Only going a mile so so things can ride with out packing or anything.

I will be back. Hoping soon. Not sure of or if I will have building accommodations at our temp residence.

If I can get anything done I will report back.

Ken
Old Mar 29, 2014, 07:56 PM
Joined Feb 2009
886 Posts
Mostly moved. My building stuff is both here with us, power tools desk. But a lot is in storage, but that is only a mile away and those things are in the front.
I will be able to build here in a while.

Ken
Old Mar 30, 2014, 06:56 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,315 Posts
I hate moving. You must be tired !
TomCrump is online now Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Mar 30, 2014, 07:36 AM
Joined Feb 2009
886 Posts
Whupped, How the heck do two people accumulate so much stuff in a small 2 bedroom apt????????
The next question is WHY, Why would you even think of accumulating so much stuff?

Western world, especially America. A lot of travels, so just an observation. And We have tried to avoid being overly materialistic. One could probably write a philosophy course on this, but it ain't going to be me.

More stuff, looses ends and two closets to move. Help with cleaning coming over after church.
Us wake up early birds have the advantage of cooler weather to work in, although I bet you still got snow, mid 80s here later, and nasty humidity.

Ken
Old Mar 30, 2014, 08:13 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,315 Posts
Although there are a few bare spots, we have approx a foot of snow on the ground.

I'm still waiting fow weather warm enough to open my shop doors long enough to paint my Ryan.

In the Summer, I like to take the dog for early morning walks. She doesn't seem to like the heat, so I try to be back home by 9:00 AM

My shop stays relatively cool in the Summer. I get ventillation with the doors open.

If it gets too warm, I call it a day, and head inside to the A/C. LOL
TomCrump is online now Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Mar 30, 2014, 08:30 AM
The Prez....... again
Joined Jul 2011
3,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post
I'm still waiting fow weather warm enough to open my shop doors long enough to paint my Ryan.
Our snow is mostly gone except for the piles. It's supposed to hit 60+ today, but 25 to 30 MPH wind I might try to shoot some clear on the new wing of my CAP today IF the temp hits the advertized high.

TOK
Old Apr 01, 2014, 08:39 AM
Joined Feb 2009
886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenh3497 View Post
Our snow is mostly gone except for the piles. It's supposed to hit 60+ today, but 25 to 30 MPH wind I might try to shoot some clear on the new wing of my CAP today IF the temp hits the advertized high.

TOK
We are expecting rain and thunder storms in a couble of days. It wa s great weather for our move.

I finished my move. All I have to do is turn in the keys. We have to organize things where we are but we can take our time, as long as we get that done before I am out of service in two weeks (slice and dice). I want to organize a build station a bit so I can get back to work on my birds. I do not like idle hands.

I had to re organize the storage unit a bit, to get the last in it. I was rather proud of my airplane storing solution. Got some things stacked in the vertical and then the kitchen chairs on top, upside down. I use the inverted legs to hold wings on their L.E.s . Saw horse on top of the table for some fuses that have their engines in the nose. I Don't know if it is true or not but I have read that storing a plane vertical on it engine is a bad thing, so I don't. Some got stored by a rope looped over the chair legs.

I made it work. But I think I about made myself not work.

I hate moving. When we get back on our feet, got to do it again.

I really am hoping I can do some building by next week or even better a little later this week. I need to build, even if just a little.

I have been trying to learn Draftsight. I want to design my next designs with it.
Were we are now staying, they have a High School aged son. He want's me to teach some about model planes. I showed a crude pencil (all of my designs are crude pencil) design I had. He down loaded AtuoDesk for students. In two days he had drawn a plane in 3D. Jeez. "OK kid you are gona teach me" is what I said to him. Jeez I have been getting my rear end kicked trying to learn CAD. I think he just handed it to me. JEEZ.

Ken
Old Apr 01, 2014, 06:07 PM
The Prez....... again
Joined Jul 2011
3,947 Posts
I delayed a couple of days on the Cap paint. Had a "little' accident. I slopped some thinner on the wing. The first reaction was to grab a soft cloth and wipe it off before it could affect the paint. Well, the paint was OK but the thinner INSTANTLY desolved the ink on the graphics and when I wiped, well..... black smears all over the yellow wing

An e-mail to Callie and a new graphic is on the way tomorrow morning. Now I just need to peal off the old, clean up a bit, install the new and then on to clear coat again. THIS time the wing will be several miles from the paint mixing station

TOK
Old Apr 01, 2014, 06:25 PM
Joined Feb 2009
886 Posts
Oh man, I bet there was some not fit for prime time language afterwards

I would have been heartbroken. Well that you can fix. Sorry to hear such a thing.

I got to put a shelf unit on the back of my build desk (my old oak computer desk I made). And then set up some power get some tools from storage. and just maybe, just maybe I can build a bit before the big slice and dice.

Ken
Old Apr 02, 2014, 07:21 PM
Joined Feb 2009
886 Posts
I hope to get a little bit of lumber tomorrow to get my work desk back on line. Want to get some work done on the 2 active builds I have going. And then provided I the work station functional, there will come a time after slice and dice, when even with my neck in a brace I can work, at least for short periods of time. Hey that sounds like now, "work for short periods of time".

Couldn't stand it. Had to do something. I stripped paint off the top half of the cowl. Epoxy paint I think. And glued up and close two big cracks in it as well. I use a vibrating rotary sander or what ever the darn thing is called. I'm not really sure. A near new second hand pick up, really cheap. It was a little aggressive in places, but I spent maybe 30 minutes and only have one difficult to get to area left. I should have plenty of other use for the tool as well.

It was not much but at least it was a tiny step forward.

My intent is to get the cowl restored and then apply a layer of light fiber glass to it. Sand and smooth out. Some cheap paint, and then make a PoP (plaster of paris) female mold. Then use that to make a glass cowl.

Ken
Old Apr 03, 2014, 12:00 AM
United States, CA, Half Moon Bay
Joined Apr 2014
186 Posts
Wow, this is epic. Great to see a good resurrection like this...can't wait to see you bring it back to life.
Aryana is offline Find More Posts by Aryana