HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2014, 10:09 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,068 Posts
Cool
NEW Parkzone ArtiZan with AS3X Aerobat

Parkzone ArtiZan with AS3X Aerobatic plane NOW AVAILABLE !

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2089737

From our friend Chuck T Seeker.

The compact ArtiZan™ park flyer is a nimble, grab-and-go sport plane that’s perfect for exploring aerobatics. The Bind-N-Fly® version comes equipped with a Spektrum™ receiver featuring a built-in AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3aXis) system.

The AS3X system works behind the scenes to counter the effects of wind and turbulence using a combination 3-axis sensing and exclusive flight control software. The result is a locked-in feel that lets you focus more on the fun of flying and less on fighting the wind.

You can adjust the amount of stability the AS3X system provides or turn it off completely, but even experienced pilots will find flying with it on feels completely natural. There is no delay in control response or limits on the control throws. You will simply feel like you’re flying an expertly tuned model that goes right where you point it.

It’s this advanced technology, along with the model’s light wing loading, that gives sport pilots a superb balance of slow speed stability and high-speed agility. Anyone with experience flying a ParkZone warbird or civilian scale model will feel right at home the first time on the controls.

Spektrum™ DSMX® receiver with AS3X system, installed
Powerful 480-size, 960Kv BL outrunner motor, installed
E-flite® 30A Pro Switch-Mode ESC, installed
Aileron, elevator and rudder servos installed
Durable Z-Foam™ construction
High-visibility blue and yellow trim scheme
Two-piece wing for easy transport and repair
Large, easy-access battery hatch
Includes 3S 1800mAh 30C Li-Po battery
Includes 2- to 3-cell DC variable rate fast charger
Requires a full-range 4+ channel DSM2®/DSMX transmitter

Wingspan: 42.5 in (1080mm)
Overall Length: 40.0 in (1017mm)
Flying Weight: 34.5 oz (978 g)
Motor Size: Park 480, 960Kv brushless outrunner
Radio: 4+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter required
CG (center of gravity): 3.0 in (76mm) back from the leading edge of wing at wing root
Prop Size: 10.75 x 8
Speed Control : 30-amp brushless
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3S 1800-2200mAh LiPo
Flaps: No
Retracts: No
Approx. Flying Duration: 5-7 minutes
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes

Manual # English
http://www.parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Fil...-Manual_EN.pdf
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Last edited by Red Flyer; Mar 09, 2014 at 05:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2014, 12:10 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,068 Posts
A few more pics...
Old Feb 02, 2014, 04:40 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,068 Posts
Parkzone ArtiZan Un-Boxing Review with ChuckT (7 min 0 sec)
Old Feb 02, 2014, 04:40 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,068 Posts
Parkzone ArtiZan The Maiden Flight with ChuckT (8 min 47 sec)
Old Feb 04, 2014, 06:47 AM
no discrimination, I crash all
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Nov 2011
295 Posts
This plane looks like it is going to be a winner.

Might have to get one of these.
ncsky is offline Find More Posts by ncsky
Old Feb 05, 2014, 08:45 PM
550 horses chasing the horizon
United States, MO, Graysville
Joined Aug 2013
379 Posts
+1 looks to be a fun plane...and the list gets even longer
crosswind_92 is online now Find More Posts by crosswind_92
Old Feb 08, 2014, 10:57 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,068 Posts
Look for it at your Local Hobby Shop NOW

RF
Last edited by Red Flyer; Feb 27, 2014 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Now available
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:19 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,068 Posts
"Chicks dig us and guys think we're cool"

RF
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:03 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,525 Posts
sure they do. i'm just glad i got back in the hobby AFTER i met my wife.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:09 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,068 Posts
Deleted...

RF
Old Feb 15, 2014, 05:28 PM
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2013
85 Posts
Intriguing. I wonder if this is the perfect next step for me. I've mastered my Parkzone T-28 which is upgraded to a Power10 motor and 10x7 prop. Was thinking about either a park sized or micro Yak as my next purchase, to push the envelope on aerobatics, slow speed tricks, and maybe a little 3D. But this might be a better balance.
redman042 is offline Find More Posts by redman042
Old Feb 15, 2014, 07:24 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redman042 View Post
Intriguing. I wonder if this is the perfect next step for me. I've mastered my Parkzone T-28 which is upgraded to a Power10 motor and 10x7 prop. Was thinking about either a park sized or micro Yak as my next purchase, to push the envelope on aerobatics, slow speed tricks, and maybe a little 3D. But this might be a better balance.
I have no first hand on this one, but from videos and seeing how it's set up, I would encourage you to look at the Visionaire seriously first. It's quite a bit easier to fly than the T28, but will do way more stuff than the T28 and very likely way more than this one too. This looks like a mild Visionaire from the videos. And the visionaire is so easy to fly, I don't see much need for going for less.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Feb 16, 2014, 02:07 AM
Joined Jan 2013
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I have no first hand on this one, but from videos and seeing how it's set up, I would encourage you to look at the Visionaire seriously first. It's quite a bit easier to fly than the T28, but will do way more stuff than the T28 and very likely way more than this one too. This looks like a mild Visionaire from the videos. And the visionaire is so easy to fly, I don't see much need for going for less.
Wow, I just watched a few videos on the Visionaire, including the Parkzone video that shows a 3D beginner flying it. I think you have a point. The thing looks super easy to fly. Not only that, but they were getting hovers at only half throttle. Plenty of power on tap for sure.

I toyed with going ultra micro for my first 3D (the UMX AS3X Yak), because I thought it would be more tolerant to mistakes and able to fly in smaller areas. But I kept hesitating because the little birds, even the AS3X ones, just aren't as substantial, stable, or impressive as the park flyers. And heck if the Visionaire is that easy to hover, I could fly it in my living room. Well, not really, but you get the idea.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 06:14 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,896 Posts
If you want to learn aerobatics and 3d, nothing beats a epp foamy though. The Hacker super zoom is my favorite. Not quite the 3d machine that some are, but with fully airfoil wings, flies more like a real plane. And you can beat it to death as long as you have a got glue gun around.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Feb 16, 2014, 08:52 PM
Joined Jan 2013
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Well, that was quick. Just finished maidening my new Visionaire today, right as the sun went down! I looked at a lot of videos and reviews of this bird last night and this morning, and realized pretty quickly that this was what I was looking for. I've been thinking about stepping up from the T-28 for months, so I was ready to buy something. Earlier today I took my T-28 out for a fly, and while I still love the plane, it made me want something more aerobatic all the more. So on the way back home, I swung by the hobby shop, which just happens to be between the park and the house, and picked one up. They had about 4 of them in stock and said they are selling quite a few.

After putting it together, I only had about 10 minutes of daylight left to try her out. She flies great! Very stable and graceful at low rates, and plenty of responsiveness at high rates. Landings are super easy. She just floats down. Even managed a few high altitude hovers.

Anyway I'll move over to the Visionaire thread for further comment, but just wanted to thank you for the tip. The ArtiZan looks like a slightly smaller, more mellow version of the Visionaire, like you said. I'm sure it's a great plane as well, just a little different balance of performance.