SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2013, 05:16 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,667 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Somebody has to wear the blue collars huh Billy?

Hope you have or had a great Christmas with the little ones,
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2013, 08:26 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,586 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Absolutely....at the time...I didn't like it ..but what else would one expect from a 16 year old?..hehe...The Blue Collar are the heart beat of the Nation.....I found out after I got over "Fools Hill"....

Hope You and Yours have the Merriest Holidays as well Scale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Dec 25, 2013, 06:28 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,093 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only View Post
I know the English language can be tricky,, especially on online forums where it isn't used correctly often,, guys continually state opinions structured as stating a facts. An I think once in a while helps solve much confusion.

"reading between the lines"
Fig. to infer something (from something else); to try to understand what is meant by something that is not written explicitly or openly.

In other words, to form an opinion based one what has been written or said,, not stating facts
Is that first paragraph a shot at me for not understanding the English language?
JCMorgan is online now Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Last edited by JCMorgan; Dec 25, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 08:51 AM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,093 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
Ya'll talkin bout Education....there purty strict here in Mo....My drafting teacher got me in hot water....wrote on my report card in the Teachers additional comment section...How was fishing this Quarter?...geez.....only had 30 sumpin absences...I thought that was not needed.....I mean come on...the Absences speak for themselves........Dad didn't like that crap at all..

anyways...

Billy
Missed 51 days in my senior year of HS because I was starting up and running my own business. Still graduated with honors and a 3.9 GPA. Only class they hassled me about missing the time in was gym. Seems you have to make up what you miss in gym, just like any other class. They wouldn't let me graduate until I ran 5 miles on the track. They were kind enough to let me break that up into three sessions. Gym teacher hated me, and didn't want to allow me to do it, but since I was in the top 10%, it got a little attention in the local media, and I believe they gave him no choice. Thought I knew everything back then. Now, I am old enough to know better.
JCMorgan is online now Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Dec 26, 2013, 09:40 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,586 Posts
Yep..My senior year Draftin was my last class just after lunch..so me and my buddy from another High School would skip out....we either was Huntin or Fishin...If I wasn't..I was over at my High School sweet hearts house.....which I married after she Graduated..45 years we've been together...

Billy
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:31 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,508 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
You guys went to SCHOOL ?

I hated gym...just purely hated it....Remember those knotted ropes you had to climb ?
About my third trip to the top, I wrapped it around my wrist and screamed I was "caught", and couldn't get loose....The Fire company came and "untangled" me...I didn't have to climb that stupid rope any more....

I did like mechanical drawing though...A picture I drew in eleventh grade is still on display in the High School hall.

What were we talking about ?
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:20 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
You guys went to SCHOOL ?

I hated gym...just purely hated it....Remember those knotted ropes you had to climb ?
About my third trip to the top, I wrapped it around my wrist and screamed I was "caught", and couldn't get loose....The Fire company came and "untangled" me...I didn't have to climb that stupid rope any more....

I did like mechanical drawing though...A picture I drew in eleventh grade is still on display in the High School hall.

What were we talking about ?
hehehe...I hated the rope too....I loved runnin...I ran the 880 yard dash and 2 mile relay in track...Fun Times....
Old Dec 26, 2013, 04:18 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
2,785 Posts
Trader Rating: 43
I've got a solution for my own needs!!!
I'm going to re-nig my American citizenship, cross the border and become one there, and just come right back!!! I can get free health care, education, welfare...all my problems will be solved!!!
Maybe then the government will finally work for me!!
cityevader is online now Find More Posts by cityevader
Old Dec 26, 2013, 05:33 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityevader View Post
I've got a solution for my own needs!!!
I'm going to re-nig my American citizenship, cross the border and become one there, and just come right back!!! I can get free health care, education, welfare...all my problems will be solved!!!
Maybe then the government will finally work for me!!
I hear ya....My oldest Grandson....is 19...he had Skateboard accident...almost died..had serious brain trauma.....he has the mental capacity of a 8 year old....we've been to court for disability ..its just what we thought...ya gotta be from a different country to receive any benefits....Our Government God Help them....can't take care of our own....but if your from some other place....they gotcha covered ....

We're going to keep going back and going back...he's also in a Vocational rehab program...they sound like they'll be very helpful for him....