HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:08 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Mike_Then's Avatar
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,687 Posts
The things that annoy me are the things that RCG cannot control... namely the people who:
  1. Ask the same question that's been asked 1,000,000,000 times because they were too lazy to use the Search function;
  2. Get mad at you for giving them the answer they didn't want to hear;
  3. Forget that tone is impossible to convey in type and get their knickers in a twist because they mis-read what you typed;
  4. Spout off whatever is on the top of their head and press the Submit button before looking back at what they typed and say "Do I really want to say that? Is that how I really feel?" because there are no real-world consequences (what I like to call "Keyboard Cowboys");

Etc., etc. There ain't no forum plugins for fixing those kinds of problems...
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:59 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Mike's Avatar
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,485 Posts
Here's something that annoys me:

Somebody starts a thread with a perfectly reasonable and intriguing question, but one that requires a bit of work to come up with a complete and useful answer. So in the spirit of helpfulness you do the needed research and take the time to write out a detailed answer, complete with diagrams, and links to references and helpful web pages, and you post it.

Then you monitor the thread but never hear from the person again. Either he forgot that he posted the question and never checked back, or he read the answer and never thought to say "thanks."
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 05:03 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami mike View Post
here's something that annoys me:

Somebody starts a thread with a perfectly reasonable and intriguing question, but one that requires a bit of work to come up with a complete and useful answer. So in the spirit of helpfulness you do the needed research and take the time to write out a detailed answer, complete with diagrams, and links to references and helpful web pages, and you post it.

Then you monitor the thread but never hear from the person again. Either he forgot that he posted the question and never checked back, or he read the answer and never thought to say "thanks."
+10
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 05:13 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,269 Posts
yeah, thanks would be nice
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 05:51 PM
Space Coast USA
hoppy's Avatar
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,852 Posts
Thanking you in advance for whatever.


How about the TV guide in the Batteries/chargers forum?
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:48 PM
characters welcome!
Mark Wood's Avatar
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauilvr View Post
I know where to find you - and have!

Howdy Mark!

Ric
Woulda been Morro Bay yesterday but I'm back home now. Just had to take a road trip!

The cioppino was delish, btw!

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:57 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Karl Bē's Avatar
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Nothing gets my goat worse than complaints.
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2013, 05:26 PM
Glitch Master
Jim Varley's Avatar
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Apr 2007
2,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike View Post
Here's something that annoys me:

Somebody starts a thread with a perfectly reasonable and intriguing question, but one that requires a bit of work to come up with a complete and useful answer. So in the spirit of helpfulness you do the needed research and take the time to write out a detailed answer, complete with diagrams, and links to references and helpful web pages, and you post it.

Then you monitor the thread but never hear from the person again. Either he forgot that he posted the question and never checked back, or he read the answer and never thought to say "thanks."
For me, it's two things,

1) Mike illustrated the one beef I have quite well, except he forgot the ones that after you give them help, they want to argue about your advice, like they know more than you

2) The people that walk the line of site rules, stray over the line, then argue incessantly like they have found some sort of constitutional legal loophole in this privately owned website as to why they should get away with it.
Jim Varley is offline Find More Posts by Jim Varley
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2013, 10:34 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Mike's Avatar
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Varley View Post
1) Mike illustrated the one beef I have quite well, except he forgot the ones that after you give them help, they want to argue about your advice, like they know more than you
I have absolutely no problem with that. If you've done your homework first and provided references and resources to back up your advice then you should have no problem defending what you've written, and if you can't satisfactorily deal with counter-arguments then you need to consider that you might actually be wrong.

I would never demand that someone accept my answer to their question simply because I see them as obligated to assume that I know more than they do. Just because you ask a question it doesn't mean you're ignorant, and just because you write an answer it doesn't mean you're knowledgeable. If you want people to accept what you say at face value then you first have to prove your authority by cultivating a reputation among the RCGroups community. Respect is not something you demand, it's something you earn.
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:35 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,269 Posts
what annoys me, is reporting a post, and not having it warned.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:24 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
C₄H₁₀'s Avatar
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,398 Posts
A whole lot of things annoy me
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2013
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
what annoys me, is reporting a post, and not having it warned.
Simply reporting a post in any on-line forum is never grounds for an automatic warning. It just goes to the moderator(s) for interpretation and if they feel the post is in accordance with the rules? No warning. Big difference between a post actually breaking the rules and someone feeling "offended" because they didn't like what they read.
jsevarro is offline Find More Posts by jsevarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:45 PM
Registered User
hlnpgr's Avatar
United States, MT, Jefferson City
Joined Jan 2006
37 Posts
New Format

Add me to the list of people who hate the new format, especially the home page. Home page used to default to a list of full reviews, which was handy. Now I get a seemingly random list of threads, most of which are very brief and nothing I'm interested in. Would like to revert to getting a list of the latest reviews as the default.
hlnpgr is offline Find More Posts by hlnpgr
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:46 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsevarro View Post
Simply reporting a post in any on-line forum is never grounds for an automatic warning. It just goes to the moderator(s) for interpretation and if they feel the post is in accordance with the rules? No warning. Big difference between a post actually breaking the rules and someone feeling "offended" because they didn't like what they read.
agreed
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:26 PM
Borders, language & culture
AintQytRite's Avatar
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
213 Posts
What annoys me most is people that report. ET's posts when he says very simple responses that are simply to irritate are bad too but id read his innacurate posts all day long to get rid of the reporting. Seriously I think all the tattling is very counterproductive.
AintQytRite is offline Find More Posts by AintQytRite
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question What happens to a banned RCG user that starts trashing other RCG users on other sites empire007 Site Suggestions / Complaints 1 May 04, 2012 10:12 AM
Discussion Annoying Club Member, Who Doesn't Have at Least One? WACOFlyer Electric Plane Talk 57 Dec 27, 2007 10:42 AM
Help! Annoying tone coming from car at low speed TLO1_geye Electric Power Cars 1 Aug 06, 2004 12:00 PM
Something annoying, ((and totally stupid) said at the flying field today Looooeeee! Electric Plane Talk 31 May 28, 2004 08:47 PM
zagi still annoying the public at large tic Foamies (Kits) 43 Dec 30, 2002 06:27 AM