Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:17 AM
Oh No, not again!!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2003
552 Posts
[QUOTE=ajbaker;24357837]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elimsprint View Post
Fly the Bix2. I am sure you will be introduced to reality.
AJ
I'm sure it is a dreamboat to fly compared to most of my planes and I eagerly await it's slow steady flight And with flaps and crow
Kim
elimsprint is offline Find More Posts by elimsprint
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:54 AM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,081 Posts
DJ...I might have to hunt out that flight sim too..It's the blind leading the blind...haha I suggested that as being a "motorised glider and you give it a long enough run up it should work..
Oh...I also had a story about a Mexican who once said..."In my country we keel(kill) for moneee.........But.......seeing you are my friend.....I will keel you for noooootheeing..

On that note I will bid you a fond farewell..
agedflier is offline Find More Posts by agedflier
Old Mar 08, 2013, 06:59 AM
Chris
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Sep 2010
1,847 Posts
DJ, I understand it is your "dream" to be able to fly there... Who wouldn't like that?

Maybe you can try flying a smaller airplane first? I'd suggest something like a Nutball.. easy, slow flying thing... pretty easy to make (or order the kit from Flitetest for $33+shipping)
cmavr8 is offline Find More Posts by cmavr8
Old Mar 08, 2013, 11:26 AM
Hungary, Somogy County, Siofok
Joined Feb 2013
8 Posts
Lake Balaton (Hungary)

Bixler 2 onboard vid over Lake Balaton (5 min 2 sec)
sneci1977 is offline Find More Posts by sneci1977
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:46 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,747 Posts
hey guys.. can anyone tell me how im suppose to install this motor??

people told me to order this one and i just got it delivered.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=36719
thanks in advance
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Mar 08, 2013, 03:30 PM
Mark
United Kingdom, England, Moreton-in-Marsh
Joined Oct 2012
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
hey guys.. can anyone tell me how im suppose to install this motor??

people told me to order this one and i just got it delivered.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=36719
thanks in advance
Hi as I recommended the motor I'll do my best to explain.
I don't have a camera with a flash so I cant provide photo's as it's dark!

Basically you take the black plastic motor mount and reverse it. Notch a hole in the ege of the mount large enough to get the wires through. Then it will just fit back into the notches in the fuselage. Though some people extend the notches out to the end (probably as they have had to drag out the mount from the rtf version).

Check these posts

another option #272

Using the stock mount makes swapping motors a little tricky, so I use a 3rd party mount, see post #315

Hope this helps.

Mark
mlp666 is offline Find More Posts by mlp666
Old Mar 08, 2013, 03:52 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp666 View Post
Hi as I recommended the motor I'll do my best to explain.
I don't have a camera with a flash so I cant provide photo's as it's dark!

Basically you take the black plastic motor mount and reverse it. Notch a hole in the ege of the mount large enough to get the wires through. Then it will just fit back into the notches in the fuselage. Though some people extend the notches out to the end (probably as they have had to drag out the mount from the rtf version).

Check these posts

another option #272

Using the stock mount makes swapping motors a little tricky, so I use a 3rd party mount, see post #315

Hope this helps.

Mark

thanks a lot for your help my friend
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Mar 08, 2013, 06:46 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp666 View Post
Looks a lovely place you have there Sculptor,

I suppose you could get one of these as it seems it would take all your B2 gear.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dproduct=13848

M

I clicked on your link and went straight to buy it. That thing is just too cool for school!

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Mar 08, 2013, 06:51 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier View Post
DJ...I might have to hunt out that flight sim too..It's the blind leading the blind...haha I suggested that as being a "motorised glider and you give it a long enough run up it should work..
Oh...I also had a story about a Mexican who once said..."In my country we keel(kill) for moneee.........But.......seeing you are my friend.....I will keel you for noooootheeing..

On that note I will bid you a fond farewell..

That Sir is so sick! I love it I'll use it.

Your friend,
DJ
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:51 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elimsprint View Post
Great advice right there TJRC! And lucky you on the new plane and wonderful wife!!!
Sculptor, just trim that tree on the left a bit and I'm sure you can do it and for sure do what TJ suggested. Nice greyhound statue and new little guy btw. I'm a dog lover myself with 3 faithful friends.
Kim

I'm gonna get to snips out and do just that.

Thank you,

DJ
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:58 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJunkieRC View Post
Sculptor: I am probably the last guy you should take advice from since I am so new to this hobby. What I can offer is agreement that walking out your door and flying is awesome. I am fortunate to be able to do this myself. I have run up against somewhat the same problem you have. When the wind comes out of the South or South West I basically land either cross wind or with the wind to my tail. I have trees behind me so a go around is not really possible. I must stick the landing. So far no crashes on landing this way.

I am sure what you are being told is the best advice from skilled individuals. I guess I am just too new and too brave (or as some may say stupid) to do it. The enjoyment for me is being able to get home from the office, throw on a pair of jeans and fly a pack or two before supper.

My advice is to go to your local airfield and try some landings as if are standing in your back yard. If you feel comfortable with the plane and the response needed to get it down, give it a shot for real. If not then you have your answer.

I fall into the group you will never know if you don't try. That is part of the fun.

On another note my wife came to me this evening and said: "by the time I get back to the living room I want confirmation you purchased that plane you have been talking about." As any good husband would do under this circumstance I checked and yes it was in fact my wife. This is what should be shipping out tomorrow: Icon A5 It will be my second plane and will be used with landing gear and on the water. I am pretty excited to give it a go!

"I fall into the group you will never know if you don't try" Amen brother, " life is either a grand adventure or it's nothing"
-Helen Keller
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:04 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by datura View Post
Hey DJ!

It didn't look too windy to me! How much wind are we talking about? I would definitely want a seaplane if I lived there and maybe an RC boat as well

Except for the early dawn and late evening it's never this calm. The wind is always blowing usually out of the South and Southwest. I've got a friend of mine down the street who runs RC boats, big time. He can have it. Spends most of his time paddling out in the bay to retrieve it. Not for me.

Thank you,
DJ
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:30 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier View Post
DJ I know it's off topic but I cannot let it go by without saying something about "Ace" You have impressive talents.I could swear that at some angles "Ace" looks alive.

Now..Have you ever thought about "sculpting" desktop aircraft..Your eye for detail and scale would be something to see.

John(aged)

John thank you for your comment about this. That trade is called "modelmaking" it's not sculpture which is my trade.

It can be so confusing, example: a man carves an Eagle ripping a fish out of the water in wood and paints it and it is perfect. But it is not art and these people know that and why? It's like a fortunate photograph, it records a moment in time but it is not sculpture. These carvings record a moment in time. With no more interpretation than that these are called carvings not sculptures. They are ranked along with nature photography and the people who do this know that. Their work is amazing to me.

Thank you John,

DJ
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:15 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,081 Posts
seaplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post

I clicked on your link and went straight to buy it. That thing is just too cool for school!

DJ
I think that is so cute too It's amazing what you find when your not looking..Hope to hear from you DJ when you get it flying..beware of the Coast Guards flying their Canadair cl-415's along the border...hehe

It's NOT fair coming here...You guys keep telling us newbies what to buy and age catches up and we spend our childrens inheritances..
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:19 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,081 Posts
Bad Jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post

That Sir is so sick! I love it I'll use it.

Your friend,
DJ
DJ..I grew up not far from Billy Connolly in Glasgow.. and you know how "sick" he can be.