HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:04 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,211 Posts
The crack yak helped me learn rolling harriers, rolling loops, all kinds of turnarounds, blenders, improved my snaps, 4 point rolls, slow rolls, fast rolls, and made me a better pilot in general and i transferred what i learned to larger airframes.

Someone get that guy some Crack(yak)

Just ridiculous...
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:46 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,870 Posts
ooops, I must have been asleep at the wheel. I am so stoked at getting a Crack Bipe I must have blacked out a bit....
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:55 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Can't wait. 2S my guess. Like the colors. Love them!

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:46 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,211 Posts
When the mini comes out i'm getting a blue one
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:23 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
When the mini comes out i'm getting a blue one
Me too! Going for blue Yaks I am.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:47 AM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,393 Posts
I must've been asleep too! Where are you guys looking at these crack minis? Are they on the site?
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:51 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Sounds good! I'd love to see some larger planes, TH and other brands. I have flown cdee's 48" Telink Extra and 48" Sbach but my largest is the CY at the moment. I'm thinking of the 44" Telink Extra Slick as my next one...
Sixinarow... Wished I would have had my Slick with me that day... I have been flying the Slick a lot the past couple weeks, great all around airframe, got the Buster and 330 with me today for a little flying after work.
We should try and round up all the Twisted Hobbys' pilots in the area for a funfly or something, maybe a Spring Fling Crack Fest or something like that.. I would be game for organizing it if there is some interest.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:54 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
I must've been asleep too! Where are you guys looking at these crack minis? Are they on the site?
You can find the sneak peek pics on the twisted facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/TwistedHobbys
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
Thanks for the link to the pics of the mini yak.

The blue one is my favorite.
BumpierDrake960 is offline Find More Posts by BumpierDrake960
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:49 AM
Joined Nov 2012
80 Posts
Anyone live in Massachusetts? How about in Plymouth county? Looking for someone to fly with.
Thumb Blisters is offline Find More Posts by Thumb Blisters
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:01 PM
Knobbs
Friday Harbor, WA -San Juan Island
Joined Aug 2008
462 Posts
Well, kinda, bummed, and excited, at the same time. Just joined the Crack club, finished my first Crack Yak. However, I had a problem. Put welders on the rudder hinge like in the video. It was so stiff after it dried, I had no choice but to cut it and Blenderm tape the hinge. Just maidened, seems to work fine, and the plane flies awesome!! So, excited to get her airborne, and looking forward to more flights to get more comfortable. But, REALLY wish I would have never put the welders on the hinge line. Luckily I didn't do the ELE or AIL. Something about having to hack your new plane before it's even flown, just kills me. Oh well, it's done, can't go back now. Just gotta go fly and enjoy.

REALLY, REALLY, a good flyer. Thanks TwistedHobbys and all involved.

Rishelman
Rishelman is online now Find More Posts by Rishelman
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:40 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,870 Posts
After the first ding they fly better!
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:43 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Welders can work well on hinge line as long as you smear on a very thin bead.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:06 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
After I put a bead down, I go over it with a razor blade or old plastic card. Just a small amount is needed. Here's another tip for you guys. The sfg's on my planes were getting worn so I started to use the same thing on them. Some welders gone over with a razor blade still flexible but more sturdy for the times where they might see some wear.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:40 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,629 Posts
There is no reason to smear glue over the whole hinge line. Just put a dab at the ends to keep it from tearing, preferably with a piece of blenderm over it.

In other news, I just got back from an afternoon indoors flying the Crack Yak mini. This thing is an absolute blast. It's quicker, snappier, rolls faster, and has more power than the standard Crack Yak, and the smaller size means it eats up less airspace so you can do high-speed maneuvers easier in a smaller space. It's also incredibly stable and smooth for a small airplane. I think it's my favorite in the Crack Yak series!
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik