http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...?currentPage=1
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2010, 08:03 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,665 Posts
Posted 9 hours ago and there have been 150 views and no one comment.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Oct 10, 2010, 08:24 PM
USA, TN, Nashville
Joined Apr 2005
109 Posts
I suppose everyone is in shock that they finally arrived. Let's see how well they keep them stocked.
tnrcplanes is offline Find More Posts by tnrcplanes
Old Oct 10, 2010, 08:45 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,091 Posts
OK, I will comment.

Thanks twiztidbowler. I have been waiting for LiPo's to be available from HK USA warehouse.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Oct 10, 2010, 09:22 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,694 Posts
Wow! The first battery I looked up had a lower price in the US warehouse than it does in Hong Kong! I was not expecting that. I guess I can afford a bigger heli.
Dave H. is online now Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 09:44 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Good to see the stock levels going up I just hope they have some instock when I need them... right now I have more lipo's then I can fly in a weekend and that's without recharging
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:07 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Posted 9 hours ago and there have been 150 views and no one comment.
If the rest are like me, they posted in the "Order" box on the US HK website.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:17 AM
Scotty
United States, IL, Schiller Park
Joined Oct 2006
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
Lipos in stock at HobbyKing USA Warehouse
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...?currentPage=1
I don't care if they have a million batterys in stock since I'm boycotting them. I returned a rhino 6s 4900mah with a defective cell almost three weeks ago and have not heard from them. They do not have customer service and I have yet to see and use a decent lipo from these people. I had a huge wish list that will be re-instated as soon as they come clean and get honest. I feel like they just tossed my return out and pretended they never got it. I did not put a track on it because I did not want to spend that much extra. Now I wish I had. If I don't hear from them by this Friday I'm ordering from Skyshark in Arizona. More expensive but at least they stand strong behind their products and have really great batteries. I have one now that I have used for three years and still balances and recharges strong.
flys4free is offline Find More Posts by flys4free
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: paved runway
Old Oct 11, 2010, 07:01 AM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Dec 2005
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flys4free View Post
I don't care if they have a million batterys in stock since I'm boycotting them. I returned a rhino 6s 4900mah with a defective cell almost three weeks ago and have not heard from them. They do not have customer service and I have yet to see and use a decent lipo from these people. I had a huge wish list that will be re-instated as soon as they come clean and get honest. I feel like they just tossed my return out and pretended they never got it. I did not put a track on it because I did not want to spend that much extra. Now I wish I had. If I don't hear from them by this Friday I'm ordering from Skyshark in Arizona. More expensive but at least they stand strong behind their products and have really great batteries. I have one now that I have used for three years and still balances and recharges strong.
I had the same problem back in the spring. I sent mine back without tracking as well, I refused to pay $23 shipping for a $27 pack. After quite some time passed I assumed they recognized it didn't have tracking and just tossed it in the trash. Sure enough several weeks later I got a shipping notice that a new one was headed my way. If I recall, the whole process took almost 2 months, but that was with an out of stock period in there. In other words, it still might happen, just because it's been some time doesn't mean you are out of luck yet.
EricJ320 is offline Find More Posts by EricJ320
Old Oct 11, 2010, 08:29 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,852 Posts
It's tough to get it all at the same time - price- service- warranty-
For example, the Skyshark packs offer a 50% replacement warranty for some period of time but they look to be over twice as expensive. The old "There are no free lunches" as the saying goes.

I had a similar experience with HK with a Rx......sent it in and nothing happened but one day here it comes in the mail. If a person wants a lot of feedback, it takes people to do that, people cost money, more people = higher product cost.

You just got to go with what makes you happy.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:24 AM
Joined Dec 2008
15 Posts
Now that we can buy batteries from the USA warehouse in Seattle, I wonder if we can return that battery to Seattle if it is defective, or if we have to send it to China?
sailorman33 is offline Find More Posts by sailorman33
Old Oct 11, 2010, 03:00 PM
Garry
Tumble weed country Eastern Washington
Joined Aug 2004
530 Posts
I don't know about the planes, but the lipo shipping from the US warehouse seems on the high side when you look at the rates on the USPS web site
crash-rc is offline Find More Posts by crash-rc
Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:48 AM
PA. US
Joined Oct 2009
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorman33 View Post
Now that we can buy batteries from the USA warehouse in Seattle, I wonder if we can return that battery to Seattle if it is defective, or if we have to send it to China?
According to Jason/owner, US returns should be available in the coming weeks. Now all I have to do is figure out where "Wifey" hid the piggy-bank. :-)
Sidewinder1 is offline Find More Posts by Sidewinder1
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:57 AM
Rugby, UK
Joined Feb 2007
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
It's tough to get it all at the same time - price- service- warranty-
"There are no free lunches" as the saying goes.

I had a similar experience with HK with a Rx......sent it in and nothing happened but one day here it comes in the mail. If a person wants a lot of feedback, it takes people to do that, people cost money, more people = higher product cost.

You just got to go with what makes you happy.

I agree with your basic argument Hoppy, but the differential is too great.
Many suppliers are charging 2 - 3 times the price of HK packs which means they are charging "what they can get away with" rather than a "cost + fair profit allowing for some warranty"
At the other extreme HK sell bargain packs but there is little doubt that their returns and warranty service is apalling.

I bought 2 x2S4500 and 2 x 6S4500 LiFePO4 packs off them to power my wife's electric buggy as an 8S2P4500 composite pack. On arrival, 3 out of 4 were faulty and returned.
It has taken 16 weeks for them to properly admit liability (I followed their procedure to the letter) and I now have a "shop credit" for $118 (They refuse refund and will not accept the other unused 6S pack back as I have had it longer than 7 days!! - as Basil Fawlty would say "Oh its MY fault is it")).
So I have spent $308 on the 4 packs packs and returning them and have just one 6S pack with no possible use for it, $118 dollars credit in a shop I don't want to use and a net loss of $190!
It is not possible to have any dialogue with them at all; they just ignore questions and make statements, then rub salt in by telling me to "have a nice day"!

Looking at the customer ratings for the LiFeP04 packs (which were not there when I ordered) it is fairly obvious that the product is a disaster. All the Turnigy lipos I have bought have been fine with outstandingly low ESR values. So when they produce a lemon it would be much better to admit it. certainly it would do a lot less damage.

So the option looks like pay through the nose or just take a risk.

It may be that the US operation will take on board the general criticism, particularly as they are now within striking distance of customers!

Wayne
Wayne Giles is online now Find More Posts by Wayne Giles
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:15 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,665 Posts
And yet many here wonder why I refuse to purchase LiPolys from them for testing.

I purchased some $7 motors from them and most are OK . One did smoke but I can use the bearings and shaft for spares. Some of their servos seem fine if they last several hours or more on a servo tester but I only trust(?) them in disposable planes. Seems most of their ESCs need rebuilding if you expect to run them at over 50% of rating and to me it is more trouble than it is worth.

Most expensive item I have purchased was a Quantum Telemetry v1.1 . I use this only at home to monitor cell voltages while charging if I must leave the room for a few minutes.
It worked fine and was accurate for a few weeks then one cell reading drifted a lot and has stay so. From reading post made by others there is no point in trying to get it replaced / re calibrated..

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer