HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:56 PM
Registered User Wannabe
Southwest Mississippi, USA
Joined Jan 2008
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
Well, just pointing out that they are outliers on OH by a few points. Of course, 3 points is within the margin of error they allow...
Oh, I understand. The pollsters assumptions/models/skews - whatever you call it - for turnout, likely voters etc is all magical to me. It will be very interesting to see who's right.
rodneygt is offline Find More Posts by rodneygt
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:08 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneygt View Post
Oh, I understand. The pollsters assumptions/models/skews - whatever you call it - for turnout, likely voters etc is all magical to me. It will be very interesting to see who's right.
Truth is, no one knows. The road to the WH may be more difficult for Romney, but the road is there, none the less.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:04 AM
Trampling out the vintage
Joined Feb 2002
1,893 Posts
I think the h-cane Sandy event is helping Obama. FEMA is getting high marks (not that O deserves much credit, that's just he way the perceptions work). The de-facto suspensions of the rally parts of the campaigns tends to help O by preserving the status quo - which at the moment means his leads in the swing states tend to be preserved. And he's "looking presidential"; more appearance than substance but that's the natural advantage of incumbency.

Unless R pulls a real hat trick I think Mr Obama will be re-elected.
4 Scale is offline Find More Posts by 4 Scale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:26 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Scale View Post
I think the h-cane Sandy event is helping Obama. FEMA is getting high marks (not that O deserves much credit, that's just he way the perceptions work). The de-facto suspensions of the rally parts of the campaigns tends to help O by preserving the status quo - which at the moment means his leads in the swing states tend to be preserved. And he's "looking presidential"; more appearance than substance but that's the natural advantage of incumbency.

Unless R pulls a real hat trick I think Mr Obama will be re-elected.
Time to Swift Boat Obama with a Benghazi ad. Politics is politics You KNOW Obama would do it if it was the other way around. I'm sure there's an ad like that already shot, in the can, ready to go. I say pull the pin and toss it
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:31 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
And R&R's plans for a cutback on FEMA may be reality check for the viability of a Romney administration:

Quote:
Romney Faces Scrutiny on Aid in Storm's Wake

There's nothing like a natural disaster to test the depth of politicians' preference for small government.

And so Mitt Romney found himself on the hot seat after superstorm Sandy battered the East Coast. Only last year, as Romney hewed to the right while battling for the GOP nomination, he appeared to suggest in a debate that the Federal Emergency Management Agency should be shuttered and its responsibilities left to the states.

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-faces-s...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3
--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:33 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
And R&R's plans for a cutback on FEMA may be reality check for the viability of a Romney administration:

--Bill
That's right. But not states like Louisiana with inept mayors running their towns.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:26 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
That's right. But not states like Louisiana with inept mayors running their towns.
The state repeatedly asked for Fed and FEMA help.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:14 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
While they did absolutely NOTHING themselves. Did they need FEMA to provide bus drivers for all those busses that could have evacuated EVERYONE?? Typical........................ waiting for the government to provide while the sit on their asses
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:53 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
Is he talking about the Katrina disaster? 6-7 years ago?

Oh well. All the more reason for not having a bush-clone in office.

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:38 AM
Registered User Wannabe
Southwest Mississippi, USA
Joined Jan 2008
1,529 Posts
Since this is a Rove and Electoral Vote thread, here's Rove's latest:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ctions_opinion

Here's the opening and ending of the article.

Quote:
It comes down to numbers. And in the final days of this presidential race, from polling data to early voting, they favor Mitt Romney.
Quote:
My prediction: Sometime after the cock crows on the morning of Nov. 7, Mitt Romney will be declared America's 45th president. Let's call it 51%-48%, with Mr. Romney carrying at least 279 Electoral College votes, probably more.
rodneygt is offline Find More Posts by rodneygt
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:05 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneygt View Post
Since this is a Rove and Electoral Vote thread, here's Rove's latest:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ctions_opinion

Here's the opening and ending of the article.
WOOOT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

We still need the Benghazi ad to come out this weekend. Mr President?? You went to VEGAS?? Why did you blame it on an internet video???? You missed HOW many national security meetings that would have kept you informed of what was going on there??????? My..............my.............MY!!!!!!!!!!!