HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:47 AM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
Discussion
ESC with "mini" JST Rx connect?

anyone know of an F3P suitable ESC that comes with connector for AR6300?
crossup is offline Find More Posts by crossup
Last edited by crossup; Mar 13, 2012 at 11:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:58 PM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,053 Posts
I just bought some connectors and soldered them to my existing controllers.

JST ZH servo lead

Much cheaper from HK

BTW, I've moved over to FrSky so my AR6300's are for sale at a rediculously cheap price if anyone is interested - link to for sale section.

Mike
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:48 PM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
Getting tired of cutting the shrink wrap off ESCs and changing wires....and paying $10 shipping to order $1.00 worth of connectors...have a few on hand and 20 more coming from HK

good luck selling your 6300s Mike, but I paid $8 each for my receivers so thats not very appealing since they seem to work 100% despite the urban legends
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Feb 2012
38 Posts
This is the only one I know about. It's the motor/esc unit I recommend for the Vision 3d.

In fact the first one that I used didn't have the AR6300 connector wire in it but the 2 most recent ones did.

I actually drew out a modified motor mount for the Vision 3d to accommodate the built in esc and make it easier to mount flush. It comes with little bushings that you can use to accomplish the same thing too.

If you want to use another esc and you don't want to wait for overseas ship times bphobbies sells these:
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...22&pid=V547613
FeatherlightRC is offline Find More Posts by FeatherlightRC
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:32 PM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
Thanks Dom, I'm probably wrong but seems to me the DualSky offering are just a little too small and a little too large. I'm no doubt a little gun shy as I tend to underpower my planes then regret my gram pinching that lead to to underpowering. Just build an AITO and was sorely hacked off that it wouldn't come close to holding a hover but lucked out when I bought some 65C batteries which transformed it into a vertical monster. Obviously too much voltage drop with 25C paks...
anyway I have a couple motors I hope will do the job..failing that, I'll try a Dualsky.
I already have a small stock of AR6300 plugs so I'll be swapping them I guess and lots more coming. Same thing with servos.. have a nice 4g Digital for Vision ailerons but its std plug so
I have to convert.
Got a lesson last night in why I prefer not to sway...was connecting a 2g brushless to AR6400 style brick and the soldiering iron touched a gear...now have to order a $6 servo from HK just to steal the gear. A small loss but big hassle
Old Apr 09, 2012, 03:01 PM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossup View Post
Hi Crossup,

The CC ThunderBird 6 Nano-lite version fits the AR6300.

Free
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:28 PM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
Thanks, first I've heard of that one, I'll be checking it out as I have 4 6300s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Hi Crossup,

The CC ThunderBird 6 Nano-lite version fits the AR6300.

Free
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:23 AM
Massachussets
Joined Nov 2005
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossup View Post
One of these may help - http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...index&cPath=78
wingster is offline Find More Posts by wingster
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:46 AM
RC Connectors dot com
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2008
1,142 Posts
Or if you're really trying to save weight but don't have the tools to replace the connector yourself, then I'll replace it for you:

http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=312

Glenn
RC-Connectors.com
glenn2626 is offline Find More Posts by glenn2626
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Eye One amp usage
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:24 AM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
Not needed, I have a bag full of 1.5mm JST, digital soldering station and now a Unitron stereo zoom microscrope, just looking for the easy way out.
HOWEVER, will be checking your site out as I'm tired of paying big dollars for nano connectors when I know they cost pennies. Just saw MicroFlyer(Nick L's site) showing $8 each OMG, his gear etc is worth the prices but only way that connector price makes sense is if he's paying 10x too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn2626 View Post
Or if you're really trying to save weight but don't have the tools to replace the connector yourself, then I'll replace it for you:

http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=312

Glenn
RC-Connectors.com