HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Feb 2012
20 Posts
Help!
msr x aileron servo twitch

Hi,
My msr x took a bit of a crash this morning (one of many unfortunately ). Unfortunately since that's happened the left/right aileron servo has developed what can best be described as a twitch!

* The servo still moves with aileron input as normal but once it reaches the point away from center, it again starts twitching slightly up/down from that point.
* I've disconnected the rod from the servo and the servo does the same thing.
* In flight it seems to be continually twitching which makes the heli even more unstable in hover and turns.

There doesn't appear to be any physical damage to the little servo motor and I can't see any obviously stripped teeth on the cogs that go from the motor to the servo.

Anyone have any ideas what it might be? and how to solve it?
sleeperaus is offline Find More Posts by sleeperaus
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:57 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
If it's not a stripped gear try taking the servo off and cleaning the wipers/ pads with alcohol.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Feb 2012
20 Posts
Thanks

Thanks Millertime.

Removed the servo, swabbed wipers/pads with alcohol, reassembled, flies good again

Back to practicing those left turns again!
sleeperaus is offline Find More Posts by sleeperaus
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:41 PM
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
I'm a newb with a lot of these terms, but I am having the same issue. What do you mean by wipers/pads on the servo? I don't want to buy a new control unit they are like $60
splitradius is offline Find More Posts by splitradius
Old Apr 05, 2012, 01:17 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitradius View Post
I'm a newb with a lot of these terms, but I am having the same issue. What do you mean by wipers/pads on the servo? I don't want to buy a new control unit they are like $60
unscrew the servo and underneath youll see where the servo contacts the board. Itll look like a thin metal strip. Clean that with alcohol and reassemble.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82