HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:35 AM
Registered User
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
If I would have to order again ... I will take this kit: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=19596 ... very cheap .. and looking good
I have this frame, ... after little crash this frame isn't good anymore, ... Now I must buy another one,
I think I will buy Aluminium one. ... X525, How you think is it a good choice ?
MrDeath is offline Find More Posts by MrDeath
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:17 AM
Registered User
Brazil, São Paulo, São José dos Campos
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENAZ View Post
Hi guys!

I built a Hexacopter and I need to use PPM SUM signal output. So I bought a FrSky TFR4 to solve my problem with FUTABA 7C 2.4Ghz FASST.


How can I connect a FrSky TFR4 receiver on MWC Crius MultiWii ?


Has anyone done this?

Thanks, guys!
OMG!! Guys...

I purchased a FrSky TFR4 receiver but I'll not use them.

I just need one PPM converter like this below:


Hope that you are learning with my experience.
QUENAZ is offline Find More Posts by QUENAZ
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:41 AM
Registered User
ssatoru's Avatar
Chiba, Japan
Joined Jan 2002
1,042 Posts
What is your problem?? TFR4 supports CPPM (=PPM SUM) and will work with MultiWii very well. All my quads use PPM SUM receiver.

Satoru
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENAZ View Post
OMG!! Guys...

I purchased a FrSky TFR4 receiver but I'll not use them.

I just need one PPM converter like this below:


Hope that you are learning with my experience.
ssatoru is offline Find More Posts by ssatoru
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:07 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeath View Post
I have this frame, ... after little crash this frame isn't good anymore, ... Now I must buy another one,
I think I will buy Aluminium one. ... X525, How you think is it a good choice ?
My x525 suffered the hardest crash I can imagine and only damaged motor mounts which are very cheap to replace.
GTiDonavan is offline Find More Posts by GTiDonavan
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:39 PM
Still flying
Ramnes's Avatar
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
524 Posts
ESC calibration, arming etc etc

Hi
I've calibrated my ESC with the #define ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY, and the #define MINCOMMAND says 1000 while MulitWiiconf shows low throttle at 987 and top throttle at 2010 but #define ESC_CALIB_HIGH is calibrated at 2000. The #define MAXTHROTTLE is set to1850. Is there a mismatch here since my motors spin up quite a lot when armed?

I have a hexa and the manual i found says that i should not use MINCOMMAND below 1000 and MAXTHROTTLE above 1920 or unreliable result might occur. I thought i had a grip on this, but i did'nt.

If someone can help me out i just might be able to maiden my Mini650 this week:-)

J
Ramnes is offline Find More Posts by Ramnes
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:11 PM
Wait...what?
gbmarsh's Avatar
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramnes View Post
Hi
I've calibrated my ESC with the #define ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY, and the #define MINCOMMAND says 1000 while MulitWiiconf shows low throttle at 987 and top throttle at 2010 but #define ESC_CALIB_HIGH is calibrated at 2000. The #define MAXTHROTTLE is set to1850. Is there a mismatch here since my motors spin up quite a lot when armed?

I have a hexa and the manual i found says that i should not use MINCOMMAND below 1000 and MAXTHROTTLE above 1920 or unreliable result might occur. I thought i had a grip on this, but i did'nt.

If someone can help me out i just might be able to maiden my Mini650 this week:-)

J
#define MINTHROTTLE determines motor speed when armed.

If you don't want your motors to spin up when armed uncomment this line:
//#define MOTOR_STOP under the ****motor, servo and other presets*** in config.h

Use End Point Adjust and Subtrims on your Tx to get the throttle range as close to 1000-2000 as you can.

As it stands right now, if all your motors spin up together when armed and your throttle response seems smooth, you should be good to go.

Cheers,
Geoff
gbmarsh is online now Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:26 PM
Registered User
Nederland, Noord-Brabant, Steenbergen
Joined Feb 2011
61 Posts
Hi Quenaz,
First of all I wanna thank you for the afford you put in me to make everything working.
Second, I have to disappoint you, because all your options were a no go.
However I found a solution.
This is what I did.
First I cleared the eprom.
Then I loaded the “old” config.h 2.0 (which was working well because I knew that already.)
Then I cleared the eprom again (just to make sure)
The I DID NOT load the “MultiWii_varioPID_based_on_r1248”
But ..... “MultiWii_2_1NewBaroPIDVario4Final” and IT WORKED……….
BTW I noticed that the lines “#define TILT_PITCH_AUX_CH AUX3” and “#define TILT_ROLL_AUX_CH AUX4” are not present in the config.h of “MultiWii_2_1NewBaroPIDVario4Final”

Best regards and thanks again
Paul
Polleke is offline Find More Posts by Polleke
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:33 PM
Still flying
Ramnes's Avatar
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmarsh View Post
#define MINTHROTTLE determines motor speed when armed.

If you don't want your motors to spin up when armed uncomment this line:
//#define MOTOR_STOP under the ****motor, servo and other presets*** in config.h

Use End Point Adjust and Subtrims on your Tx to get the throttle range as close to 1000-2000 as you can.

As it stands right now, if all your motors spin up together when armed and your throttle response seems smooth, you should be good to go.

Cheers,
Geoff
Thanks Geoff
It seems like that did it. I'll try more tomorrow.

J
Ramnes is offline Find More Posts by Ramnes
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:17 PM
Registered User
Brazil, São Paulo, São José dos Campos
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polleke View Post
Hi Quenaz,
First of all I wanna thank you for the afford you put in me to make everything working.
Second, I have to disappoint you, because all your options were a no go.
However I found a solution.
This is what I did.
First I cleared the eprom.
Then I loaded the “old” config.h 2.0 (which was working well because I knew that already.)
Then I cleared the eprom again (just to make sure)
The I DID NOT load the “MultiWii_varioPID_based_on_r1248”
But ..... “MultiWii_2_1NewBaroPIDVario4Final” and IT WORKED……….
BTW I noticed that the lines “#define TILT_PITCH_AUX_CH AUX3” and “#define TILT_ROLL_AUX_CH AUX4” are not present in the config.h of “MultiWii_2_1NewBaroPIDVario4Final”

Best regards and thanks again
Paul
What I told you to do works very well on my quad with gimbal!
QUENAZ is offline Find More Posts by QUENAZ
Last edited by QUENAZ; Nov 19, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:30 PM
Registered User
Brazil, São Paulo, São José dos Campos
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssatoru View Post
What is your problem?? TFR4 supports CPPM (=PPM SUM) and will work with MultiWii very well. All my quads use PPM SUM receiver.

Satoru
Thanks, Satoru.

I already bought two receivers and two PPM converters. I'm waiting to delivery my purchase now.

...but you may help me. How did you connect everything? Do you have a picture or scheme?

Thanks one more time!
QUENAZ is offline Find More Posts by QUENAZ
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:58 AM
Registered User
ssatoru's Avatar
Chiba, Japan
Joined Jan 2002
1,042 Posts
Yes, I will try where I can.

Connection drawing is available here. Crius is atmega328 based, so look at left side of the drawings.
http://www.multiwii.com/connecting-elements

I understand you can use standard receiver for hexa by enabling A0 and A1 (#define A0_A1_PIN_HEX), or use PPMSUM to use digital pins only.

I am not familiar with PPM encoder but it seems it supports full 8 ch. So you should be able to use AUX1 - 4.

Are you ok which part of config.h to set to use PPM SUM?

Satoru
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENAZ View Post
Thanks, Satoru.

I already bought two receivers and two PPM converters. I'm waiting to delivery my purchase now.

...but you may help me. How did you connect everything? Do you have a picture or scheme?

Thanks one more time!
ssatoru is offline Find More Posts by ssatoru
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:38 AM
Registered User
Brazil, São Paulo, São José dos Campos
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssatoru View Post
Yes, I will try where I can.

Connection drawing is available here. Crius is atmega328 based, so look at left side of the drawings.
http://www.multiwii.com/connecting-elements

I understand you can use standard receiver for hexa by enabling A0 and A1 (#define A0_A1_PIN_HEX), or use PPMSUM to use digital pins only.

I am not familiar with PPM encoder but it seems it supports full 8 ch. So you should be able to use AUX1 - 4.

Are you ok which part of config.h to set to use PPM SUM?

Satoru
Wowwww!!! Hi Satoru!

I tried to use standard receiver (futaba R617FS) for hexa by enabling A0 and A1...but my tx configuration wasn´t correct (yaw = roll, pitch = ??, roll = ??)...just throttle was right!

You help me a lot now...I saw that HEX6 configuration X mode was incorrect (motor 3, motor 9, motor A0, motor A1, ...). I fixed it and my hexa is flying now!!

I´m glad you!! Thanks for your help, Satoru!

Now, I'll use my hexa with gimbal (A0 and A1)...and some stuffs like GPS RTH/PH, BARO on AUX 1 and AUX 2. It will be my first time using a PPM encoder...I'll post a solution using PPM encoder when my FrSky arrive at home.

Thanks again! See ya!
QUENAZ is offline Find More Posts by QUENAZ
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:10 PM
Registered User
ssatoru's Avatar
Chiba, Japan
Joined Jan 2002
1,042 Posts
Great news! glad to hear and congratulations on maiden!

Satoru
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENAZ View Post
Wowwww!!! Hi Satoru!

I tried to use standard receiver (futaba R617FS) for hexa by enabling A0 and A1...but my tx configuration wasn´t correct (yaw = roll, pitch = ??, roll = ??)...just throttle was right!

You help me a lot now...I saw that HEX6 configuration X mode was incorrect (motor 3, motor 9, motor A0, motor A1, ...). I fixed it and my hexa is flying now!!

I´m glad you!! Thanks for your help, Satoru!

Now, I'll use my hexa with gimbal (A0 and A1)...and some stuffs like GPS RTH/PH, BARO on AUX 1 and AUX 2. It will be my first time using a PPM encoder...I'll post a solution using PPM encoder when my FrSky arrive at home.

Thanks again! See ya!
ssatoru is offline Find More Posts by ssatoru
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:11 PM
Registered User
jonesy40001's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
MultiWii_2_11:38: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before 'void'
MultiWii_2_11:55: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before 'const'
MultiWii_2_11.ino: In function 'void loop()':
MultiWii_2_11:926: error: 'computeIMU' was not declared in this scope
Serial.ino: In function 'void evaluateCommand()':
Serial:304: error: 'boxnames' was not declared in this scope

Compile error... I cant work this 1 out
Any Help would be great
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:38 PM
Registered User
jonesy40001's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Just re-flashed with v2.0 and got my board back.. Please disregard the above post

Pete.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Full Foxtech AIO Glasses Review Guizmo12 FPV Equipment 1310 Apr 10, 2014 04:55 PM
Sold Arduino / MultiWii / Megapirates Boards 3rdeyepro Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Dec 03, 2011 08:43 PM
Wanted MSR 5in1 boards and MCPX 3in boards beachflyer Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Nov 22, 2011 09:14 PM
Discussion Foxtech AIO goggles RX? Teamsherman FPV Talk 2 Oct 02, 2011 10:06 AM
Sold 3 x PCB boards for multiwii copter for $28 madushan2008 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Sep 06, 2011 06:53 AM