HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2014, 07:10 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
5,813 Posts
Stopped by Kite Hill and flew my C-Hawk again. Wasn't great, so I went and hung out with a couple of the locals for a bit.
Mario and Pollo Loco (1 min 17 sec)
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2014, 08:21 PM
Works to Fly
Orange Country, CA
Joined Sep 2007
2,029 Posts
Lars , when you get super psyched, like during a maiden like you just had, do your thumbs start shaking? I know mine do, just a bit, when the adrenaline kicks in
Slopedaddy is online now Find More Posts by Slopedaddy
Old Apr 17, 2014, 09:05 PM
United States, CA, Trabuco Canyon
Joined Aug 2008
1,268 Posts
Mario

Great video, he looks just like one of the Kite Hill flyers. What were you feeding him/her ?

Rick
Rick T. is offline Find More Posts by Rick T.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:47 PM
Launch and Recovery System
United States, CA, Laguna Beach
Joined Apr 2008
1,320 Posts
Chuck, it's the start that I get the shakes and then it slowly goes away. I love the feeling, I hate the shaking finger. Tom that video is soo cool.
L.A.R.S. is offline Find More Posts by L.A.R.S.
Old Yesterday, 12:46 AM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
5,813 Posts
Thanks guys, Pollo is probably pretty used to seeing Mario there.
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
5,813 Posts
I stopped by Lilly's on my way home. It was about 10-15 and pretty west. I haven't flown my Contender for a while, and it was the perfect choice today!
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
Works to Fly
Orange Country, CA
Joined Sep 2007
2,029 Posts
Took Stewart and a buddy to Estancia so they could ride their BMX bikes there. I tried that slope there, and even though it was windy, the lift wasn't so good. Oh well, it was fun to try a new spot. There were some good electric EDF fliers there with Habu Jets. Pretty cool machines.
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,115 Posts
Speaking of Contender's and Tom: I just downloaded Endless Lift 2 from Paul Naton's site (Radio Carbon
Art) there is a nice session filmed at Torry at 2:38 with Charlie flying a Contender and at 8:57 it looks like Tom scores a hit in Combat by throwing out just as the plane flies by. One unique way of getting a kill shot.

I gotta build my Contender.....
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEG 60 inch P-39 Repaint
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM
I make planes I want to fly
Southern Cal.
Joined Mar 2004
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopedaddy View Post
Took Stewart and a buddy to Estancia so they could ride their BMX bikes there. I tried that slope there, and even though it was windy, the lift wasn't so good. Oh well, it was fun to try a new spot. There were some good electric EDF fliers there with Habu Jets. Pretty cool machines.
Where did you try sloping at Estancia? The old Bluffs are fenced off, and the rangers get touchy if you fly over the wetlands...
pakrat961 is offline Find More Posts by pakrat961
Old Today, 12:14 AM
Works to Fly
Orange Country, CA
Joined Sep 2007
2,029 Posts
I DLG'd my Alula from over the fence, so no problems. They have Rangers there? I've never seen one