HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jun 24, 2011, 09:32 AM
Joined May 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims123 View Post
That reminds me. I'd forgot about the project.. those videos were shot thru a small plastic bag..and were a little fuzzy, but I really want to try the u/w baggies I made with a glass lens cut from a microscope slide.. soon as get the courage and can test one or two with an No3 That pond has almost no sea life in it at all..so I am looking for a better place to shoot it too..
So that's the name: microscope slide

I wonder if you also experience 'foggy' videos. Another possible solution came to me: use silicagel or silica pebbles
wfvn is offline Find More Posts by wfvn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2011, 03:07 PM
Essex, United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2004
348 Posts
I've just finished my first mount, machined out of nylon it weighs 7g. I'll attach it to the plane with a velcro patch the same diameter as the base giving a manual pan and tilt facility. Its a shame that something like this is not included with the camera, injection moulded it would only cost pence to make.
autoair is offline Find More Posts by autoair
Old Jun 24, 2011, 04:07 PM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Wow that's what I need! Can you make any pieces for sale? Or any additional alternative?
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Jun 24, 2011, 05:23 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite View Post
In my humble opinion, I believe that it is his thread - he puts LOTS of work into it to make it very useful - it is his call to make if he wants the thread to not contain trivial comments including levity that makes the thread harder to read to extract useful facts - he alone should set the tone for the thread.
+1
Quote:
And it would be appropriate for him to flag THIS message as unwanted if he sees fit.

Walt
+1
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Jun 24, 2011, 05:26 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfvn View Post
use silicagel or silica pebbles
silica gel
Mike
Old Jun 24, 2011, 05:29 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoair View Post
I've just finished my first mount, machined out of nylon it weighs 7g. I'll attach it to the plane with a velcro patch the same diameter as the base giving a manual pan and tilt facility. Its a shame that something like this is not included with the camera, injection moulded it would only cost pence to make.
Brilliant
Mike
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:38 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xamindar View Post
Blah, blah, blah...We were all just poking fun. No need to be so serious.
I want to keep this thread from turning into a twitter blog of
use useless drivel! That is not only not helpful, it's boring!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:42 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,864 Posts
Tom,

Your work and dedication to this thread is most appeciated and I thank you for your unpaid effort as "thread boss."

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:44 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIANNI63 View Post
Tom,
I read what you suggest but nothing change,also if the led become red when I connect to the PC by USB nothing change.
The camera is totally dead.
Please help me.
Thanks
Gianni
I've posted in the FAQs all the things that have been done to get a non-functional camera working. Have you tried to flash in new (Release 2) firmware again. Will the camera do that when you turn it on and push the power button (sounds like ii won't). If that's the case and you have tried the battery total disconnect/reconnect trick, and still nothing, then I'd suggest you contact your eBay seller and ask for a replacement. You'll need to send the old one back to do that.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jun 24, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 08:23 PM
Joined Oct 2009
221 Posts
Holder

Made mine out of aluminum.
See post below for pic,s and video.
I put velcro on the bottom of the mount, didn't want velcro on the camera.
Might use it as, oh I don't know..... A SPY CAMERA.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...h#post18129162

RUD
RUDDERLESS is offline Find More Posts by RUDDERLESS
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:11 AM
Joined Feb 2011
231 Posts
Two of my #11 cameras are now down to about 15 minutes recording time, and one degraded very rapidly to about 2 minutes, so I have ordered replacement batteries from hxelepro@gmail.com. Does anyone know if these replacement batteries have the little charging circuit board attached, or do you need to reuse the old one? (Since I don't really have the equipment or the eyes for working on such tiny boards, I'm hoping I can just cut the wires and splice in the new batteries.)
RogerDH is offline Find More Posts by RogerDH
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:14 AM
The Netherlands, GR, Groningen
Joined Apr 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDH View Post
Does anyone know if these replacement batteries have the little charging circuit board attached, or do you need to reuse the old one?
They are the same as the originals, including the circuit board and red and black wires. I received my two spare batteries just this week, from the same vendor.
grun is offline Find More Posts by grun
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:31 AM
Joined Jun 2011
2 Posts
Different interpretation of continuous recording

This is my first post, and I would like to thank Tom for his great work in providing firmwares to customize 808 #11 camera.

In terms of the features in the firmware, I am most curious about the continuous recording. In the description of firmware post, it seems to imply that instead of chopping up the file at 1Gb size, it will record up to 4Gb, and so on, until the memory card is full.

In my mind, the continuous recording is more like you can keep recording the files in 1Gb size, but once it depletes memory, it will simply delete the oldest video and start a new recording there. That way, if we are on a long road trip (assume we use it as a driving recorder), we don't have to keep taking out the memory card after awhile (i.e. 80 min for a 4Gb card).

So as a feature request, is it possible to have some type of continuous recording even after memory is full?

Thanks a bunch!
otherworldliness is offline Find More Posts by otherworldliness
Last edited by otherworldliness; Jun 25, 2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: link for the firmware post
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:07 PM
United States, TN, Oakland
Joined Sep 2008
29 Posts
I had a problem with my camera today. I turned on the camera and the yellow light came on. I pushed the record button and the yellow light went off. I launched my Radian Pro, flew for 15 min or so and landed. I stopped the recording and the yellow light came on as usual. I turned off the camera and went home. When I viewed the recording only the last minute or so recorded. Anybody have an idea as to what happened?
dmoshiloh is offline Find More Posts by dmoshiloh
Old Jun 25, 2011, 01:46 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1 Posts
Hi all, thanks for all the information posted!
I was wondering if you could help though. I have a #11 and have found video appears a little dark, unless the sky is quite bright. This wasn't the case with my old #3. Would the new firmware improve this? Also, I know there can be no guarantees but I was also wondering if anyone knew how likely my camera would be to accept the new firmware. Perhaps someone has purchased the same item?
It was listed as HD DV LENS Video Camera DVR Flying Camcorder 720P #11, the seller was eletoponline365 and I ordered it in may 2011.
Many thanks!
bluedex is offline Find More Posts by bluedex
Closed Thread