okay ill get myself a brushless one to start thanks for the input
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:44 PM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,202 Posts
I upgraded mine to brushless and it is so much more fun. The brushed ones are good budget cars but nothing can beat brushless
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:08 AM
KK4QIN
United States, GA, Cornelia
Joined Jan 2012
1,083 Posts
So.. is there any reasonably priced brushless conversions for this car? I have one sitting around and it just never performed how I wanted it to.
nightfox7 is offline Find More Posts by nightfox7
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:50 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7 View Post
So.. is there any reasonably priced brushless conversions for this car? I have one sitting around and it just never performed how I wanted it to.
If you go brushless, you'll definitely need to ditch the low-resolution, high-jitter, interference-prone CB-band radio gear & go with a modern 2.4 GHz digital system. The factory 2.4 GHz brushless conversion isn't cheap, but it's plug & play and it's engineered to work correctly. I am very happy with mine. The brushless part is great, but the real improvement is in the radio system. With a decent hobby-grade Spektrum tx (such as the DX3C), you get precise, high-resolution steering and silky-smooth throttle-response. That alone was worth the upgrade!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:39 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,731 Posts
The better option is to try to sell the brushed one and buy the stock brushless one, probably the most cost effective solution as well.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:12 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
The better option is to try to sell the brushed one and buy the stock brushless one, probably the most cost effective solution as well.
Agreed! I had quite a bit more than the cost of the new BL truck into mine after the conversion. But I converted mine well-before they announced the 2.4 GHz BL version.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:50 PM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
I just ordered a Losi Micro Rally Car and a Spektrum DX4S. I should have them by next week.
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:33 PM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
I got my Micro Rally Car and Spektrum DX4S today. The Rally Car is a blast and I like the DX4S too.
Now I have to order 4 receivers for my other trucks.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:16 PM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
I'm having a blast drifting my Rally Car.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 11:22 AM
Joined Oct 2003
915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Nice, those servos are very good. Youll just need a piece of credit card to fit them
Hi, I'm about to order that servo because my stock one is twitching like crazy. Could you elaborate on the credit card piece needed to install it?
Cheers,
Rob
robster94gt is offline Find More Posts by robster94gt
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:53 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts
The servos a little bit too skinny to fit in the stock slot, so you need to put a piece of old credit card on the side for it to be a snug friction fit

I have a template for the one I cut floating around somewhere, I can scan it and post it as a PDF if you wish. The template I made also keeps dirt from entering into the chassis through the servo hole.
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:00 PM
Joined Oct 2003
915 Posts
Ah, thanks for the info. The PDF would be cool to have if it's not too much trouble.
Cheers,
Rob
robster94gt is offline Find More Posts by robster94gt
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:35 PM
Joined Mar 2013
12 Posts
does anyone have actually race this car other than bashing it?
kevnkev is offline Find More Posts by kevnkev
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:51 PM
Joined Apr 2010
22 Posts
Hi all,
Not sure if that is a good place to ask for help but here it goes:
I bought my losi 1/24 rally a few months ago. I have driven it indoor only about 3 hours in total. Just when I got a hang of this thing drifting on my living room wood floor..two out of 4 wheel stopped turning. Actually they did not stop completely. They still spin, but slower than other wheels and I can stop them with light touch of a finger. I could not find any help with google search.(that usually works well for my Blade helis). What could it be and could a layman fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help
FoamNub is offline Find More Posts by FoamNub
Last edited by FoamNub; Mar 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 04:03 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,480 Posts
clean out the hair / debris ......take off the wheels and clean between the wheel and the hub . is a common and anoying fact of micro life . and make sure not to snug them too tight also this will cause binding .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak