HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:22 AM
Joined Aug 2012
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
When you say that after you do the F1/F2 reset something asks you to recycle the power of the Naza, how are you seeing that if you can't connect to the Assistant?
Was the solder connection to the VU broken or melted?
Broken = impact strike
Melted = current overload
Either way, I think that the USB connection on your VU may be damaged.
FWIW, a VU is cheap.
Hope my "speculations" help some...
Thanks for the help.
The soldering that connect the VU to the power distribution board was broken (not melted). It was weak before the crash (should have been more carefull on that one)!
When I do the F1/F2 trick the USB connection is Ok and I get the steady green light. Then after the update Naza assistant asks me to recycle the power on the NAZA. When I do it, I'm in the same process of having the green LED for 2 secs then normal start sequence...
Chewwy00 is offline Find More Posts by Chewwy00
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:25 AM
Joined Aug 2012
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
Also, you can try a different startup sequence. I believe I always plug the naza in to the flight batt first, wait for the startup sequence LEDs, then connect the USB, then start the assistant sw. I know others have various sequences, but that has a lways worked for me. But first thought would be that VU connection like TJ says. When you say the soldering was broken, do you mean your soldering to the power source? Or internal soldering? If it was your soldering, I assume you repaired that and have a good connection there. In that case it may be the internal connection.
Soldering to the PWR source. I repaired it and now I'm having these USB connection issues. Tried to start my TX, power ON the NAZA, then connect the USB cable and there, nothing happens, it just goes through the normal startup seqeunce with the different color LED.
Chewwy00 is offline Find More Posts by Chewwy00
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:26 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,032 Posts
Connection Sequence

From Cervanchez: "I believe I always plug the naza in to the flight batt first, wait for the startup sequence LEDs, then connect the USB, then start the assistant sw."

That is the sequence I use, and a different one might be worth trying.
I've even done it with the Assistant already running on the PC.
I think TahoeEd posted back when I was trying to fix my broken in the box Naza that the sequence is not supposed to matter.
Just "speculating"...
T J Gilbert is online now Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Merry Christmas 2014!
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:39 AM
israel
Joined Jun 2003
914 Posts
Maybe I put my question in the wrong thread so i ask it again
Thanks for your help

I flew the naza many hours with no problem and it really fly great I made failsafe with mixer switch on Futaba 9C and it also works great. I never try to check the failsafe by close the Tx and I don't intend to do it. my question is when I make the failsafe with the switch orange led blink that is OK. but when I close the Tx I stay on the last function, so what will happened if I loose connection during flight, should the naza take command and bring it back home or.....who knows.

Have a nice day
Moti
moti is offline Find More Posts by moti
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:53 AM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
5,032 Posts
Answered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moti View Post
Maybe I put my question in the wrong thread so i ask it again
Thanks for your help

I flew the naza many hours with no problem and it really fly great I made failsafe with mixer switch on Futaba 9C and it also works great. I never try to check the failsafe by close the Tx and I don't intend to do it. my question is when I make the failsafe with the switch orange led blink that is OK. but when I close the Tx I stay on the last function, so what will happened if I loose connection during flight, should the naza take command and bring it back home or.....who knows.

Have a nice day
Moti
I answered your question over on the GPS thread...
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:28 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
I will fully refund the money you spent here. Have a good day and I hope you find help elsewhere.
Well, you can't say fairer than that!
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:36 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,607 Posts
Quote:
From Cervanchez: "I believe I always plug the naza in to the flight batt first, wait for the startup sequence LEDs, then connect the USB, then start the assistant sw."

That is the sequence I use, and a different one might be worth trying.
I've even done it with the Assistant already running on the PC.
I think TahoeEd posted back when I was trying to fix my broken in the box Naza that the sequence is not supposed to matter.
Just "speculating"...
I do it in the exact reverse order from you, with no problems.
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:48 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,396 Posts
This past weekend while flying FPV with my F450 I experienced an odd reaction to control inputs. I was at the extreme end of my A9 radio range. I had turned the 450 around facing the launch point and pushed the control stick forward to start heading back to me but the quad went backwards. I tried several times to get it to go the right direction but it did the same thing each time. I then flipped the switch for the “smart orientation” and it flew correctly.
This isn’t the first time this has happened and I assume the radio Rx is losing packets and going in and out of failsafe?
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:50 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
5,032 Posts
Edge Of Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
This past weekend while flying FPV with my F450 I experienced an odd reaction to control inputs. I was at the extreme end of my A9 radio range. I had turned the 450 around facing the launch point and pushed the control stick forward to start heading back to me but the quad went backwards. I tried several times to get it to go the right direction but it did the same thing each time. I then flipped the switch for the “smart orientation” and it flew correctly.
This isn’t the first time this has happened and I assume the radio Rx is losing packets and going in and out of failsafe?
Your conclusion about intermittent trans/rec communication sounds logical to me...
Is tightrope walking your other hobby?
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Jan 08, 2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:10 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
I don't own any Bushmaster products... but Beretta, Winchester, Colt, Kel-Tec, S&W and Daisey have all received my money recently.
Whoa, you must be "loaded for Bear". Prolly don't have bear in Texas though. Nope, only about 50 Black Bear in the whole state. Oh well, loaded for sompin anyway. LOL.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:16 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
To continue MCrites' and TahoeEd's viewpoints...
We throw out read the manual and follow instructions as a "tried and true" thing that we choose to rely on.
I think we all agree that the Naza Manual is pretty accurate if you can understand it.
I think this really sums it up for some of our posters in response to RTFM. Not everyone totally understands it for one reason or another hence the posting of questions on the forums. Some people really aren't good reading technical (even basic) things yet are great hands on learners. Sometimes threads get way to long and the search function is really limited. I've only been flying multi rotors for a few years and am not a really technical person. I did however help put together a manual online with another person to help new people setup and fly a particular Quad that was being sold a couple years ago. We did this on our own to help others when the seller didn't respond often for help. Then came the talk of Naza and I was in touch with them weekly (china) not US dealers. Finally I backed off from posting for my own reasons.
What I'm getting at is that I too read the manual in the beginning and some of the stuff didn't gel in my brain. I'm just your common working non college person trying to enjoy a hobby. Financially I can't afford to experiment with too systems but I will jump in an try what I can and share. I go against the rules a lot (how you should build etc.) but geesh sometimes it just works. So again there are many in this hobby that aren't technically orientated. They may need a little help. How many want to post they RTFM but can't understand it?? That shouldn't mean they can't have a quad/hexa etc. I think you guys are great for helping on here. We're dealing with a whole lot of different people with different abilities. It doesn't mean they're lazy or stupid.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:20 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
Whoa, you must be "loaded for Bear". Prolly don't have bear in Texas though. Nope, only about 50 Black Bear in the whole state. Oh well, loaded for sompin anyway. LOL.
He's ready for zombie chipmunks. You know how bad they can be up in NH. hehe
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:29 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog1967 View Post
He's ready for zombie chipmunks. You know how bad they can be up in NH. hehe
I KNEW IT WAS TRUE! Damn yankee zombie chipmunks gonna take over my land! BRB, gonna go make sure my tip wires are all still set....
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:07 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,396 Posts
Quote:
Your conclusion about intermittent trans/rec communication sounds logical to me...
Is tightrope walking your other hobby?
Yeah I pushed it a bit this weekend. New personal goal of one mile FPV.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:10 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
5,032 Posts
NAS Control by FAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
Yeah I pushed it a bit this weekend. New personal goal of one mile FPV.
I'm through passing judgement on what you guys are doing.
Try to be careful, and enjoy it while you can...
Site Sponsor