Old May 31, 2008, 12:17 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Coastal Maine
Joined Jun 2007
857 Posts
Build Log
Another Midwest Liberty Tug Build

Hey all,
Yet another Midwest Liberty Tug build. I was inspired actually by Charlie Eaton's Midwest Fireboat. When I looked into his box-O-parts I was truely impressed by the fit and layout of a "beginners" kit. Wow nice wooden parts, plastic hull, all running gear. OK I need one. Well the Liberty tug is in the same class of kits and uses the same hull. So down to Tugboat Alley I go and bought one...
graphixman is offline Find More Posts by graphixman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2008, 09:40 AM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,111 Posts
Harrow ferrah, Did you check the fit of the shaft to the stuffing box? Mine rattled around like pebbles in a tin can. Had to make new s/b out of the brass what I done got layin around here. That there mon-e-tor is about right if the real boat was 10' long,little bigish ain't it.
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Last edited by charlie eaton; May 31, 2008 at 09:46 AM.