HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2014, 06:55 PM
20+ years rc pro and semi pro
Joined Mar 2013
109 Posts
Discussion
Horizon AS3XTRA with Turnigy 9xr

Hey guys just got the UMX AS3Xtra and aside from it being very delicate I love it! I understand keeping the weight down for 3d and indoor use but they could have skinned both sides of the fuse and wings

I need help setting up the switches to change between flight modes . I tried making the 3 position switch work using the mixer but i cant figure it out!! I know alot of guys dont like the radio but i do and i plan on using it for a long time so please dont bash it

If someone can walk me through the setup it would be a huge help! I know im not the only guy on here using this radio with this plane so let me know about your setups please!!

I also build and sell l.e.d. light sets for ultralites i will give or greatly discount a custom light kit for anyone that helps me get the switches setup!!!

Thanks RC Brian NJ
rc brian nj is offline Find More Posts by rc brian nj
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2014, 08:43 PM
Hey... watch this...
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Joined Feb 2003
787 Posts
The Gyro modes work off the gear switch.

You need to re-assign "Gear" from the nomal 2 position switch to the 3 position you want.

Channel 5 on the AS3X is tied to the Gear channel.

This will give you all 3 flight modes.

Not sure how to do that on your radio (could not find a manual) but it is as simple as that.
Mmarshall is offline Find More Posts by Mmarshall
Old Feb 08, 2014, 10:43 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,028 Posts
Here's the thread on the Extra. There are some flying the Turnigy 9, try posting in that thread or sending one of them a PM that might get you the info you need.

Azarr

Edit: if that doesn't work, there's also a large thread on the radio here.
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:10 AM
Joined Mar 2013
109 Posts
thanks for the input guys but i still cant seem to get it right ? i seem to only get tourque roll mode? i reset to default using the manual but the gear switch doesnt seem to change asnything>??
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:27 AM
Joined Mar 2013
109 Posts
still cant figure it out I only get two modes if anyone has the three position switch working let me know!!!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 08:24 PM
Joined Mar 2013
109 Posts
bump bump .. if anyone out there can help me setup the turnigy 9xr to the as3x step by step let me know ! thanks guys .