SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 17, 2014, 07:21 PM
Joined Aug 2014
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
Ah I had the same problem with my DX6i, the gimbal mechanism snapped during flight. I replaced it with a gimbal from the Aurora 9x (similar to the Taranis gimbal). PM me if you need some tips for fixing the DX6i and calibrating the stick (Taranis/Aurora gimbals are have 270 degree pots while DX6i has 90 degree ones, so you need an op amp to "stretch" the signal for the gimbal to work in the DX6i).

Taranis gimbals are far better than the DX6i gimbals (not sure about the 2014 version, but the previous ones for sure).
Thanks for the offer, but fixing that DX6i is very low on mt priority list.
I even already did that Taranis gimbal modification with alloy arms and better springs. That Taranis gimbal is still in the mail, but I will have no direct use of it.

I'm quite happy with my modification. It feels like an extra $ 200,-
frater is offline Find More Posts by frater
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:54 PM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confuzed View Post
Unfortunately that board sits high enough that the antenna conector would interfere with the printed cover. It just pokes through a hole in the cover no nuts securing it or anything. If you set the transmitter down resting on the antenna, all the weight is on that circut board.

I have to remove the connector to be able to use the printed cover. Could I use a piece of receiver antenna wire to jump to the connecter?
Or I have some old bind-n-fly transmitters around, can i get a piece of antenna wire from there? Or am I asking for trouble?
I might just use the dang thing the way it is

Some might say Murphy strikes again
but personally I think Murphy was an optimist.
If you use some wire to extend make sure to thoroughly range test but once it works it works, and not having it sticking out the back is worth the trouble!
nigelsheffield is offline Find More Posts by nigelsheffield