HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:09 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,453 Posts
Suggestion
Another Appeal For Some Banned RCG Members

I saw this thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1832995 and it made me happy. I'm glad to see RCG is giving some folks a second chance.

I would like to second the motion to allow sgtdirt back on RCG. And I would like to add Brad Paul to the list of folks who I would like to be able to post here on RCG.

Brad and sgtdirt where not high volume posters, but they were skilled modelers and their advice and experience were highly valued here on RCG.

Here is a sample of Brad's skills: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=25 and I have seen others people post that miss him as well. Here is one that I recall recently: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=338

Neither sgtdirt or Brad Paul was a 'flashy" poster who had to have their say on everything. They were here to help others where they thought they could and share their experiences on model aviation. I'm not sure why they were banned, but their absence leaves a hole on RCG. And there were no long threads or internet fist bumping celebrating their departure. Just sadness and silence from what I saw when they were shown the door.

I have received a number of PMs and emails after their ban asking if there was anything that could be done about getting them back on RCG. Until know, I have always said it would not be possible. But now it looks like it may just be possible.

If you guys can find it in your hear to allow it, can these two members be reinstated to RCG?

Thanks for the consideration.

Frank

PS I think I should add that the person that was most likley the cause of Brad and sgtdirt getting angry and defending themselves which caused their ban has been banned. So if they come back, there will be no ax to grind or chips on their shoulders. I understand you say we are responsible for our own actions, but I know all too well that when a person picks at you and says lies about you and attacks you personally, it is very hard to let that go. Especially if it happens over and over and over. But since that person is not an RCG member anymore and will not be attacking them, I truly believe that these two individuals will once again be an asset to RCG and after all, it is the members who participate in RCG that makes it such a valuable resource.
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Last edited by Murocflyer; Feb 17, 2013 at 03:45 AM. Reason: PS Added
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:52 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,543 Posts
Thanks for the post Frank. The request in SSC to bring back Porcia was not a contributing factor in his ban being lifted.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:15 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,453 Posts
Thanks for the response Jim. Since I normally hang out in the modeling areas on RCG, I do not know that Porcia guy or what he did to get banned and then not banned. I do not see him posting where I normally do so I do not know the details behind all of that. But I do know that sgtdirt has contributed a lot to the modeling community here on RCG. I recall a lot of build threads here on RCG and he was always helpful to newcomers and folks looking for advice. Not too mention he was a two-time WAA-08 pilot. And I see that JB had posted in that thread linked in the first post that it may be possible for sgtdirt to return.

Now that the two folks that was trolling him and data mining his posts have now been banned, I doubt that the reason he was shown the door would be an issue now. Is there any way that an internal review be done for sgtdirt and that he be allowed to return? I think if consideration was given and a look at the circumstances of his ban and what he accomplished while here on RCG it would be apparent that he was indeed a valuable member on RCG and should be allowed to come back.

Thanks again for your time in this matter.

Frank
Last edited by Murocflyer; Feb 23, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:26 AM
Joined Apr 2012
811 Posts
This has been addressed in this thread - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1832995. Thanks.
awagar is offline Find More Posts by awagar
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:09 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,453 Posts
Sorry for the late response Amy, this thread slipped my mind.

I looked at the other thread that was linked above and it did not address my concern.

The appeal I am trying to make is that sgtdirt was banned due to him defending himself against two different people here on RCG. They were personally attacking him and data mining his posts going way back in time to try to get him in trouble. And as we all know, almost any post written in this forum can be warned for one reason or another if you only look at that one single post.

So here we have an individual that is being consistently harassed almost every time he posts on RCG. Eventually he gets fed up and tries to defend himself. Of course his posts are reported and he is banned. Subsequently, these two users are then banned for trolling not long after sgtdirt was shown the door.

Unfortunately, they did not get the boot in time and sgtdirt paid the price for trying to defend himself. If these two users were banned before they went on a vendetta against sgtdirt, I'm sure sgtdirt would still be here and providing advice to people on building model airplanes. And as you know, we can use as many talented builders on here as possible. They certainly are a dying breed.

With that said, I kindly ask that Jim B look that circumstances surrounding sgtdirt's ban and give him the same courtesy that was provided to other users that were banned and they let back on RCG.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to the good news. (hopefully that is)

Frank
Old Mar 13, 2013, 09:54 AM
Joined Apr 2012
811 Posts
Thanks for your post. Based on our evaluation of sgtdirt's situation, it is not an option to remove his ban.
awagar is offline Find More Posts by awagar
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:16 AM
Joined Nov 2005
25,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awagar View Post
Thanks for your post. Based on our evaluation of sgtdirt's situation, it is not an option to remove his ban.
Thanks for looking into it Amy and that is sad news for us model builders. But, in the big picture, there are not many people building anything anymore here on RCG. You know I'm not really sure if I know which is worse.

Thanks again,

Frank