SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 10, 2013, 05:16 PM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Dec 2006
1,086 Posts
I am watching with interest (and trying not to bug you). I am really eager to learn of the lift of the entire saucer vs. the lift of just the prop.
Ran D. St. Clair is offline Find More Posts by Ran D. St. Clair
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2013, 05:45 PM
South Africa, GP, Krugersdorp
Joined Jul 2012
169 Posts
Ran D. it is no bug at all ,I enjoy comments.
So far it seems to be about 60% of the open prop setups thrust ,so I'm quiet egar myself to see if it is going to fly , I'm hopefull of a good result and a coanda craft if not the most effiicient form of lift has definetly got plus points.
If this works I plan on desinging a twin that is more aerodinamic and I do not think the curve and shape of the flow area is optimum.
I love the idea of this craft because it is so different to anything else out there and not many people is trying anything with it.
A two rotor craft could even do away with the third gyro, less weight and so on.
My biggest concern is the end weight vs lift which is obviousely the key.
Time will tell and I'm trying to finnish asp. ,just can't wait to see if it flys.
SONICX is offline Find More Posts by SONICX
Old Jul 11, 2013, 02:15 PM
Joined Jul 2012
169 Posts
Getting closer

Today I finnished the control flaps ,and they look like there going to work,hope so.
The weight is now at 607g getting heavy ,but to late to stop now.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 06:55 PM
Joined Jul 2012
169 Posts
Yaw control

I have fitted the two gyros for lateral control.This is the first time using gyro's for me so with help from the internet and 4 hours later I now now how to program these Assan GA-250 gyros, they have quite a lot of features.I'm just not sure if they are sencing in the right direction or should be reversed.I need to figure out a way to test and calibrate the controls before trying to fly.
I also started the yaw controls today ,I still have to figure how to use one or two servo's for this cause I do not have 4 digital servos lying around to use with the GA-250's.
Till later.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 05:59 PM
Joined May 2010
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICX View Post
I have fitted the two gyros for lateral control.This is the first time using gyro's for me so with help from the internet and 4 hours later I now now how to program these Assan GA-250 gyros, they have quite a lot of features.I'm just not sure if they are sencing in the right direction or should be reversed.I need to figure out a way to test and calibrate the controls before trying to fly.
I also started the yaw controls today ,I still have to figure how to use one or two servo's for this cause I do not have 4 digital servos lying around to use with the GA-250's.
Till later.
The GA-250 works fine with analog gyros if you have the later software update. If you recently purchased the gyros (this year) your good to go.

Hang your craft from a simple clothes line for testing. Take a look at "The Cube" thread under VTOL to see an example. This will protect all of your great workmanship.

I'm looking forward to your test results.

Kelly
corocopter is offline Find More Posts by corocopter
Old Jul 27, 2013, 04:47 PM
Joined Jul 2012
169 Posts
Thanks for the idea corocopter I'll give it a try.
I'm busy sorting the yaw control, took a while to figure what I wanted to do, but now I have solution that I hope will work using one servo.
Busy charging the batteries for the camera so will post pics soon.
Old Aug 05, 2013, 06:21 PM
Joined May 2010
432 Posts
Well, what happened? Does it fly?
corocopter is offline Find More Posts by corocopter
Old Aug 06, 2013, 02:35 AM
Joined Jul 2012
169 Posts
It is almost finished.Here pics of the yaw setup, just need to connect the otherside.I hope the yaw system will work and that the servo is up to it, othewise I will put a bigger one.I need to finish this to start with the next one with 2x 52g 1000kv motors.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 01:49 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Taiwan
Joined Aug 2011
2,017 Posts
Hi SONICX:
any updated info you'd like to share with us
regards
Sam
samwei1950 is offline Find More Posts by samwei1950
Old May 08, 2014, 09:04 AM
Joined Jul 2012
169 Posts
It is amazing how fast time flies when you are busy.I haven't done any RC stuff for almost a year and I have to make a plan to fix that.
This project needs to be finished and a conclusion made so tonight I have to make a plan.
I hope there is still interest in this out there.
I am holding thumbs.