SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2011, 05:28 PM
Sweden, Stockholm County, Solna
Joined Jul 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnspeed View Post
Johan, see post #67.
Thanks, Was only looking at the post with pictures...

Next time I'll read all the posts

12,5 hours until next 27 hour indoor event... Going to be a long night

/Johan
SurJohan is offline Find More Posts by SurJohan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 04:12 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,948 Posts
Subscribed...

Just sent Dave L a PM for a Standard V5 when more arrive next week.

JC
JC Spohr is online now Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JC Spohr; Jan 03, 2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Changed from Milled to Standard
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:37 AM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
Just came back from Spain, Awesome weekend!!! Great guys, and fantastic weather for January One thing learned never fly Check airlines...Planes were damaged both going to Spain and going back...I was lucky enought to make video of "box transportation" in Prague airport. Other than that everything was smooth and pleasant. Nice to see F3P developing in Spain. Also im happy to announce that Donatas Design planes took top 3 places. Mr. Luis Bernardos from Spain was third, second was Pedro Precioso from Portugal and i was first. Luis and Pedro flew brand new Sultimate V3, i flew Arrow V5 build from regular kit.

This season looks bit crazy, next events on my list:

Belarusian F3P championship.
WArtG selection contest in Prague.
Finland F3P championship.
IITOP.
Lithuania F3P Championship.
ETOC.

Looks like it will be quite bussy winter
3Don is offline Find More Posts by 3Don
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:19 AM
3D Hack
Joined Jul 2010
1,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Don View Post
Just came back from Spain, Awesome weekend!!! Great guys, and fantastic weather for January One thing learned never fly Check airlines...Planes were damaged both going to Spain and going back...I was lucky enought to make video of "box transportation" in Prague airport. Other than that everything was smooth and pleasant. Nice to see F3P developing in Spain. Also im happy to announce that Donatas Design planes took top 3 places. Mr. Luis Bernardos from Spain was third, second was Pedro Precioso from Portugal and i was first. Luis and Pedro flew brand new Sultimate V3, i flew Arrow V5 build from regular kit.

IITOP.
ETOC.

Congratulaions to all 3 - especially to you for taking the top spot Donatas.

Can't wait for my Arrow V5 to arrive from Dave Lockhart.

Any secret tips or recommendations on building it would be appreciated. I don't compete but would like to build a competition level plane. My wife watched some of your aeromusical flight videos and told me that I should do that. That gave me the ok to order the Arrow kit.

JC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Congratulaions to all 3 - especially to you for taking the top spot Donatas.

Can't wait for my Arrow V5 to arrive from Dave Lockhart.

Any secret tips or recommendations on building it would be appreciated. I don't compete but would like to build a competition level plane. My wife watched some of your aeromusical flight videos and told me that I should do that. That gave me the ok to order the Arrow kit.

JC
Hello Spohr, on my trip to Spain i spend 6 hours of my trips writing manual in airplane and between flights. It will be very detailed manual with about 100 pictures and many tips. Wise decision to show your wife my AM routine Hope you will enjoy plane. If you have some questions post here, its better than private email. Info you want to know can be be useful for other people as well.

Here is short presentation by Mr. Luis Bernardos of all 3 models i produce right now Sultimate V3, Symmetric an Arrow V5. Many more interesting projects coming in future!

Donatas Design models (3 min 37 sec)
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:40 PM
3D Hack
Joined Jul 2010
1,948 Posts
Quote:
Hello Spohr, on my trip to Spain i spend 6 hours of my trips writing manual in airplane and between flights. It will be very detailed manual with about 100 pictures and many tips. Wise decision to show your wife my AM routine Hope you will enjoy plane. If you have some questions post here, its better than private email. Info you want to know can be be useful for other people as well.

Here is short presentation by Mr. Luis Bernardos of all 3 models i produce right now Sultimate V3, Symmetric an Arrow V5. Many more interesting projects coming in future!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59-5n4rEkEc
Nice video of the 3 choices.

I also watched the XTIC videos and saw all three flying in other videos. Now I want all 3...
I'm anxiously waiting for my Arrow V5 to arrive.

I agree on the emails and PMs - much more beneficial when public so all can benefit.

Please post a link to the manual when it's ready.

Good luck with your future events!

JC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2012, 04:10 AM
Epic Win or Epic Fail!
Kent, England.
Joined Dec 2001
818 Posts
Is the arrow available in plan form? I can't justify the cost of the kit but would happily buy a plan.
awood12345 is offline Find More Posts by awood12345
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:14 AM
3D Hack
Joined Jul 2010
1,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awood12345 View Post
Is the arrow available in plan form? I can't justify the cost of the kit but would happily buy a plan.
Here're a few ways to reach him or get more info:

1. For this and all other DD product you can reach him by this email: donatasdesign@gmail.com

2. Send him a PM

3. Check his site: http://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/stories/...s-design-.html

Regards,

JC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:20 AM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,945 Posts
The Arrow V3 is available as a plan as far as I am aware
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:40 AM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awood12345 View Post
Hello Awood, first of all thank you for kind wishes about Deluxe 3.5 plan, and sorry for no reply to your email, i will try to do this soon.

Andy, JC thank you for keeping my back. Arrow V3 available as plan and latest version V5 available as kit.

About kit price, let me explain how it works. I believe 59eur is very fair price for such quality kit. You might say well depron cost 5$ carbon cost 10$, so why i should pay extra money? Because my kits are not only depron and carbon, i put my experience and knowledge. To gather this, i spend many hours of testing and traveling to competitions (that cost from several to few thousands euros). In return to this i Arrow V5 and other kits have very good flying characterystics ! Add to this right size hardware and printing quality, then its clear why kit can't cost 35$ like hobby king stuff. Besides that most of other hi name foam kits cost much more than mine. No bad feelings just want to explain what im dealing with.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:35 AM
Epic Win or Epic Fail!
Kent, England.
Joined Dec 2001
818 Posts
Hi Donatas,

Thanks for the reply. The Deluxe is the single best plane I have ever flown indoors so my email only had as few points you should know of to make building easier.

I do understand why the kits are cost thier price and I'm sure the quality reflects the price but I am reluctant to buy one as at the indoor meeting I fly at has Techone Pidgets on 3s 1000mah LiPos flying about, so a nice milled model won't last one weekend :S LOL.

I may be back soon for an Sultimate or Arrow V3 plan.

Cheers,
Alan

Quote:
Hello Awood, first of all thank you for kind wishes about Deluxe 3.5 plan, and sorry for no reply to your email, i will try to do this soon.

Andy, JC thank you for keeping my back. Arrow V3 available as plan and latest version V5 available as kit.

About kit price, let me explain how it works. I believe 59eur is very fair price for such quality kit. You might say well depron cost 5$ carbon cost 10$, so why i should pay extra money? Because my kits are not only depron and carbon, i put my experience and knowledge. To gather this, i spend many hours of testing and traveling to competitions (that cost from several to few thousands euros). In return to this i Arrow V5 and other kits have very good flying characterystics ! Add to this right size hardware and printing quality, then its clear why kit can't cost 35$ like hobby king stuff. Besides that most of other hi name foam kits cost much more than mine. No bad feelings just want to explain what im dealing with.
awood12345 is offline Find More Posts by awood12345
Last edited by awood12345; Jan 13, 2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Nov 2004
967 Posts
I understand your point Alan, and no problem if you prefere plans, just want to share my point of view in last message. I found one more vid from Spain competition, some fooling around with Arrow:

Xtic 2012 - Donatas Pauzuolis jugando con el Arrow V5 (4 min 25 sec)
Thanks Martin P. for video.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:45 PM
3D Hack
Joined Jul 2010
1,948 Posts
Quote:
I understand your point Alan, and no problem if you prefere plans, just want to share my point of view in last message. I found one more vid from Spain competition, some fooling around with Arrow:

http://vimeo.com/34748366 Thanks Martin P. for video.
That was a joy to watch - nice flying!

Hanging it on the wires has to be a lot of fun.

Edit - I noticed in several videos that you have little blues lights underneath.

What are they for?

Where can I get them? They look cool!

JC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:19 AM
AcroRC
Spain, Murcia, MU
Joined Jan 2012
1 Posts
Quote:

IITOP.
ETOC.

Hi Don
a lot of thanks for came to XTIC (Spain)
Congratulation for First Position
thanks
AcroRC_com is offline Find More Posts by AcroRC_com
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:47 PM
3D Hack
Joined Jul 2010
1,948 Posts
My new Arrow V5 arrived yesterday by way of Dave Lockhart (<--- great guy).

Upon opening the box I had two thoughts:

1. Hooray - the USPS didn't damage it!

2. What a beautiful piece of craftsmanship - quality, quality, quality!

If it flies only half as good as it looks, I will be very happy.

I also got Donatas' new bevel tool - that will make the build even better.

A tip of the hat to both Donatas and Dave - thanks guys.

JC
RCG Plus Member