Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,383 Posts
Cool
Intelligent quadcopters.

A TED talk on Intelligent quadcopters that can handle such things as losing a propeller..

http://ideas.ted.com/2014/07/11/watc...onger-smarter/
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM
1984 is no longer fiction
United States
Joined Mar 2012
393 Posts
So we have actually reached the point in time where the machines are smarter than the people operating them.

Are all these flying machines controlled by Skynet?
War is Peace is offline Find More Posts by War is Peace
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM
Joined Aug 2003
2,616 Posts
OK, keep working on that but I don't see a big market for spider webs. I think giant 3D printers that poop out a building is more likely.
HELModels is online now Find More Posts by HELModels
Old Today, 05:05 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,143 Posts
ban drones from public places... They should only be flown at proper fields, or by people with waivers.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Today, 11:24 AM
Joined Aug 2003
2,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
ban drones from public places... They should only be flown at proper fields, or by people with waivers.
I can guess you've never built one or tried to understand a single line of code.

Ban it and don't let kids anywhere near that kind of dangerous tech. The government will provide us all that we need to know to serve them.

Back to the actual topic, I've seen some code that's adaptive and multi threaded. One piece breaks and it decides how to change and adapt. It's deceptively simple.
HELModels is online now Find More Posts by HELModels
Old Today, 11:31 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELModels View Post
I can guess you've never built one or tried to understand a single line of code.

Ban it and don't let kids anywhere near that kind of dangerous tech. The government will provide us all that we need to know to serve them.

Back to the actual topic, I've seen some code that's adaptive and multi threaded. One piece breaks and it decides how to change and adapt. It's deceptively simple.
I was writing computer programs before you were born... It's simple logic.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp