HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2014, 08:16 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,379 Posts
Discussion
Whats up with A-main Hobbies ?

Went to A-mains site for helis and drastic low amount of helis. I know they are into all kinds of RC but but change. Or just another hit from clone wars ??
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2014, 06:35 AM
Medellín, Colombia
Joined Apr 2010
308 Posts
mb eflite plotting some new brushless 1s ultra micro helis and planes with the use of the nano brushless kit?
chulian1819 is offline Find More Posts by chulian1819
Old Jul 10, 2014, 09:29 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,270 Posts
Ultimate Hobbies is the same, out of stock on everything. AMain and Ultimate was where I could always find decent helis at a good price.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jul 10, 2014, 09:37 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,126 Posts
When the market is not good, retailers are reluctant to buy stock.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jul 10, 2014, 09:43 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Ultimate Hobbies is the same, out of stock on everything. AMain and Ultimate was where I could always find decent helis at a good price.
I got my 300X from them for $238.00 shipped long before it was disc. Last time looked at A-main site couldn't believe, hardly anything. No deals there. I know action has slowed up but except for a few birds not much going on. I'm sure all these different helis/ flyers just did not stop. Many who use to post alot seem to be gone ?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:57 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,805 Posts
those are true indicators of the true state of the economy in this country ... sheds a light on whats really going on as opposed to what official sources want to make you believe
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:27 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,270 Posts
The selection of multirotors at AMain and Ultimate seems quite good and expensive.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jul 10, 2014, 02:25 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,379 Posts
Quads/ Multi-rotor stuff fine . I have some myself but nothing serious. I like to fly bird myself. no push botton safety net. i know makers need new blood but still need to care for some of us who have been down the block. I guess thats why frankehelis are born. All my recent birds came from T-mart. HH went crazy with prices etc. Thats ok I can fly for a long time with what I have.
i don't need hi-zoot stuff to fly, just reliable birds.
Last edited by dankar04; Jul 11, 2014 at 01:14 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 03:51 PM
Mod it like you stole it!
Joined Jul 2009
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Quads/ Multi-rotor stuff fine . I have some myself but nothing serious. I like to fly bird myself. no push botton safety net. i know makers need new blood but still need to care for some of us who have been down the block. I guess thats why frankehenlis are born. All my recent birds came from T-mart. HH went crazy with prices etc. Thats ok I can fly for a long time with what I have.
i don't need hi-zoot stuff to fly, just reliable birds.
Agreed.... As long as i can order parts for it, and it flies well, then i'm happy.................Kato
katoace is offline Find More Posts by katoace
Old Jul 11, 2014, 09:12 AM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
46 Posts
Have been looking to purchase one heli for more than a week...places online I usually visit...helipal and Ehirobo have added nothing in new walkeras for a long time....added quads...in this forum I have learned about great online sites...no dice...HH uses Ups which does not have good import agents...returned to sender two of my birds so not use HH...now the good news...microheli upgrades arrived...nine days in-transit...busy with red al. Parts for one of my 120s....and thanks to Dankar04 recovered from the permanently injured my v100D01 to operational status...do not want to buy birds that require a lot of downtime from cheap materials or birds which require you to buy tx....
ChespiIker is offline Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:23 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,379 Posts
I had issue with T-mart. Played their game but it worked out. the Mini c/p i got for $76.00 with bonus pts. V120D02s were $146.00/ V450D01 V2 was $292.00 BNF w battery/ charger. HH raised price om Nano to $119.95 bnf/ rtf same price. no big deal have bought my last Blade heli awhile ago. Nano CP-X with bl kit is perfect for me. Wow has gone to full price on everything/ A-main is out to lunch.
Upshot my goal to be able to fly c/p happened 16 months ago. Having good sized flying fleet was another goal. That also has reached. spare parts pretty decent, need some stuff for V120/ V200D03. Shafts/ bearings and some tail pts. nothing is down JUSTINCASE. This Hobby is what i wanted to do for decades. Now its time to improve flying/ upgradeing/ experimenting etc.
One future project is Gaui X-3. no hi-zoot stuff. but no junk either. No rush at all.
I own not one clone Micro c/p. they may be great for some..Not Me. So A-main/ HH./ Wow/ X-heli Adios Amigos !!
Old Jul 11, 2014, 04:33 PM
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
1,647 Posts
Just checked A-Main's site, looked like pretty much the same selection as usual, Synergy, Saab, Blade, Compass and T-Rex heli kits and RTF's, 450 size on up. Even the micro side seemed pretty well stocked, only a few back-ordered. I did notice that they are dividing things up a little diffferently, more categories based on size, so appears to be fewer items per category, but taken in total, appears to be pretty good stock. Maybe they just got a shipment?
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:59 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I went Ultimate Hobbies for the last 2 weekends an looks like removed most the heli stuff to other side of building to do some remodeling. The heli section seems low on blade parts. I endup going to rcdepothobbies & Robshobbies.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Today, 10:06 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,379 Posts
I checked A-main site again and smaller helis not much there. Bigger stuff was ok. They still have helis but not like it use to be. 450X use to be $349.95 for members/ plus they had discount code. Now #499.95. Heli Direct use to have good stock but sold most of small stuff. X-heli most of what they list is out of stock.