HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2013, 02:55 AM
Australia, NSW, Coonamble
Joined Sep 2013
4 Posts
Help!
Modeltech Angel 1600

Just scored this Angel 1600 to build for a mate of mine, has the wrong instructions. Does anyone know where i could find a copy? I am Down Under, where the crows fly backwards to keep the dust out of their eyes!!!
justasking is offline Find More Posts by justasking
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2013, 04:44 AM
Australia, NSW, Hornsby
Joined Jul 2005
625 Posts
I seem to recall a mate having one of these. Balsa sheeted foam wing & balsa Fuz correct? I seem to recall it being a really nice model.

I can't help you with instructions but was there anything specific you wanted to know?

Al
_AL_ is offline Find More Posts by _AL_
Old Sep 17, 2013, 05:32 AM
Joined Sep 2013
4 Posts
Thats right!Quality build and a bit different. I guess I just want the comfort of following the instructions being fairly inexperienced. Like just where to drill the holes for the dowels for the wing retaining elastic band and the exact positioning of the control horns etc. Might just have to be bold and have a go. Thanks very much.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 07:32 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,800 Posts
The only thread I could find was in the For Sale forum --

NIB Angel 1.6 meter 2ch ARC by Model Tech

If you click on the first picture, then click on it again it will expand to show a bit of the instructions on the right hand side showing the approximate dowel locations.

Also you could try a PM, (the tiny envelope symbol below the sellers information), to the seller to see if they would copy and email the instructions to you if the kit has not sold yet.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Sep 17, 2013, 03:23 PM
Joined Sep 2013
4 Posts
Thanks for the help. Have sent a pm.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 07:32 AM
Australia, NSW, Hornsby
Joined Jul 2005
625 Posts
If you follow Eflightray's link & click on the picture it'll open in a new window.
Then use control + to zoom in.
The pic is reasonable quality so should give you a good idea where the dowels should go.

As for control horns, the rule of thumb is to have the holes for the clevis centered over the hinge line. This way you get even movement both ways.

I remember really liking the look of these & they flew really well for what they are.
I'm sure you'll love it.

AL
_AL_ is offline Find More Posts by _AL_
Old Sep 20, 2013, 03:26 AM
Joined Sep 2013
4 Posts
Thanks for the help, followed rays lead and now have instructions in an email thanks to FD Pilot. Sure didn't go overboard on the detail in the instructions!
Anyway , RC rules!