Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 01, 2014, 06:59 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,132 Posts
Troy, I emailed you about this. But there is now another dual belt driven 450 Glen Klimpton designed for KDS hitting soon. It is called the Chase, and Cnc machined with Japanese sourced bearings and tight tolerances. Glen actually contacted me concerning your thread bro! So cool. Other great minds are thinking along the same lines as you.

This is geared to handle both 6 and our 12s scorp systems. I sent my setup over to him to test for this heli. Also rear battery tray entry, and a belt tail drive is available. This is much lighter than the Warp was also.

I am gonna stretch mine to handle Edge 473 blades whenever I can get one in my hands.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2014, 08:43 PM
United States, SC, Moncks Corner
Joined Mar 2012
1,330 Posts
Yup I got the email! Glen has been talking with me for over a year about it..picking my brain...I have a bunch of his original stuff in solidworks he had me critique for him...he has done some real fine work.

P.S. I think a brick is lighter than a Warp...just sayin'....*grins*
heli_haven is online now Find More Posts by heli_haven
Last edited by heli_haven; May 01, 2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old May 02, 2014, 02:18 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli_haven View Post
Yup I got the email! Glen has been talking with me for over a year about it..picking my brain...I have a bunch of his original stuff in solidworks he had me critique for him...he has done some real fine work.

P.S. I think a brick is lighter than a Warp...just sayin'....*grins*
Both him and you have! Few guys will ever build or fab up their own however. And you look set to master this! I look forward to seeing what you come out with
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old May 19, 2014, 05:48 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,330 Posts
Poor Shane has been having withdrawl symptoms...so here is a little pr0n...I figured out how to make the new tail design small enough and light enough for the Warpish...4mm outer shaft and 3mm inner shaft...
Old May 19, 2014, 06:05 PM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2011
880 Posts
Quote:
Poor Shane has been having withdrawl symptoms...so here is a little pr0n...I figured out how to make the new tail design small enough and light enough for the Warpish...4mm outer shaft and 3mm inner shaft...
Heeeeeeeeeee's BACK!!!!!!

-Shane
ShaneXman is online now Find More Posts by ShaneXman
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2014, 07:16 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2012
343 Posts
Sure is pretty...
jolyboy is online now Find More Posts by jolyboy
Old May 22, 2014, 12:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,330 Posts
New 4 bladed tail hub....Just to show how exact I got it..look at the pics of the workpiece on the lathe with the numbers written on the part...As I was turning the block down into a cylinder, I stopped just as the cutting bit began touching off on the holes for the grip posts...as you can see in the pics, the exact same amount of "flat" was left around all 4 holes...and the flats were perfectly parallel...this is gonna be one true running hub...*grins* Also has a bronze insert the length of the hub for added strength just like I do on my main rotor hubs...
Old May 22, 2014, 12:13 PM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
Joined Nov 2011
880 Posts
Quote:
New 4 bladed tail hub....Just to show how exact I got it..look at the pics of the workpiece on the lathe with the numbers written on the part...As I was turning the block down into a cylinder, I stopped just as the cutting bit began touching off on the holes for the grip posts...as you can see in the pics, the exact same amount of "flat" was left around all 4 holes...and the flats were perfectly parallel...this is gonna be one true running hub...*grins* Also has a bronze insert the length of the hub for added strength just like I do on my main rotor hubs...
Wow, that's fantastic Troy! Love the attention to detail, and your ability to incorporate bigger ideas into smaller designs. Looks awesome. *grins*

-Shane
RCG Plus Member
Old May 22, 2014, 12:27 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,330 Posts
I probably could have made the hub a bit smaller..., But I'd prefer to eat a gram or two in weight gain for the margin of safety...

After I seen the design on Rosie, and how it behaved...it HAD to go on yours dude...
Old May 22, 2014, 04:27 PM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
Joined Nov 2011
880 Posts
Quote:
I probably could have made the hub a bit smaller..., But I'd prefer to eat a gram or two in weight gain for the margin of safety...

After I seen the design on Rosie, and how it behaved...it HAD to go on yours dude...
"I like it, I like it a lot!"
-Lloyd Christmas

-Shane
RCG Plus Member
Old May 22, 2014, 08:36 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,610 Posts
Cool stuff!Im back to watching this thread.
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old May 22, 2014, 08:52 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,330 Posts
Kinda hard to watch when my lazy butt ain't workin' ain't it? *grins*
Old May 22, 2014, 09:47 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,610 Posts
That was the reason !You had a good excuse,now back to work!
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old May 23, 2014, 11:09 AM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
Joined Nov 2011
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
Cool stuff!Im back to watching this thread.
Quote:
Kinda hard to watch when my lazy butt ain't workin' ain't it? *grins*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
That was the reason !You had a good excuse,now back to work!
+1 to all of the above!

-Shane
RCG Plus Member