Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 14, 2013, 09:38 AM
Cow R/C
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Nov 2007
1,324 Posts
Discussion
My 1st Mini Z!! MB-010 Buggy

I knew the moment I saw these I would end up having to have one. Well after much pondering about whether or not a rig this size would be worth the $300 kyosho peels for them I decided to take a chance and see what the rave was all about.

So far I am very impressed with the precision of the elecs and radio. The car behaves just like the larger scale buggies but in pocket size
fastmax is offline Find More Posts by fastmax
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by fastmax; Jul 01, 2014 at 07:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:01 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
sweet any video also how is the speed and drive time . im a sucker for buggies
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Jul 14, 2013, 02:02 PM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,324 Posts
I'll get a vid or 2 asap. Have only had a chance to play with it for a minute or 2 so not sure what kind of run times yet but I'll be sure to keep you posted. Speed is just ok out of the box but there are plenty of inexpensive motor options to wake it up. I've got an Xspeed and a PN racing motor coming soon that should do the trick.

Not trying to make it too fast, as I plan to run it on a medium sized RCP track more than anything.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2013, 04:52 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
i was thinking a fast yet driveable not like most who think a huge kv and 3 cells lipo LOL
reliable and driveable are the key to a happy car .otherwise it becomes nothing but a cool looking paper weight .
Old Jul 14, 2013, 04:56 PM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcphreak View Post
i was thinking a fast yet driveable not like most who think a huge kv and 3 cells lipo LOL
reliable and driveable are the key to a happy car .otherwise it becomes nothing but a cool looking paper weight .
My thoughts exactly!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2013, 07:24 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,783 Posts
That's pretty neat, I can't believe the price though!
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:48 PM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
That's pretty neat, I can't believe the price though!
I hear ya. Definitely on the extremely high side of micro/mini rigs, but the quality and precision are exactly what you'd expect for your hard earned $ spent.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2013, 04:10 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,783 Posts
For the same money you could buy two Losi micro SCT (or rally) brushless, yikes!

The inferno does look sweet though.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jul 16, 2013, 06:37 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
kyosho has this thing about inflating the prices of there products for some reason . although next to tamiya there one of the best brands and do a good job on scale .
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:14 PM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
For the same money you could buy two Losi micro SCT (or rally) brushless, yikes!

The inferno does look sweet though.
The inferno does look sweet. I plan to purchase one of the clear inferno bodies and do my own paint scheme this week.

I have owned several of the losi 1/18 1/24 and 1/36 rigs over the years. My MSCT which I converted to a buggy with a Scheer designs CF chassis was my favorite of all of them but even after that and some other aftermarket support it still did not drive as smooth and precise as this does bone stock
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2013, 02:29 PM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,324 Posts
Let the modding begin 1st up was to install Atomics chassis reinforcing skid plate. Have read that a few people have broken the front of the chassis right off on hard impacts so this was a must do before installing any extra horsepower.

Next up was to get rid of the heavier rubber tires and replace them with some Kyosho foam tires. Less rotating mass means better acceleration plus I just like the way foams handle on RCP.

Coming soon will be the installation of a PN Racing stock class motor, and a custom airbrushed lid.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by fastmax; Sep 23, 2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 04:35 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
verry nice
Old Jul 31, 2013, 06:32 PM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,324 Posts
Got the body in today, and fitment is right on. Now it's time to do some masking, decide on a scheme and fire up the airbrush.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by fastmax; Sep 23, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old Aug 01, 2013, 01:33 AM
Joined May 2013
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax View Post
I knew the moment I saw these I would end up having to have one. Well after much pondering about whether or not a rig this size would be worth the $300 kyosho peels for them I decided to take a chance and see what the rave was all about.

So far I am very impressed with the precision of the elecs and radio. The car behaves just like the larger scale buggies but in pocket size
Have a blast with it! This Kyosho Mini Z!! MB-010 Readyset Chassis, with 2.4GHz Transmitter. Kyosho's long time legacy with both Mini-Z and electric off-road, i think you should have to upload the video of it. I would like to see that. Thanks for sharing.
barry777 is offline Find More Posts by barry777
Old Sep 23, 2013, 09:23 PM
Cow R/C
Joined Nov 2007
1,324 Posts
Been a bit since I've updated this thread. Body is now painted and PN 70T motor is installed. Pics and a vid coming asap.
RCG Plus Member