HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by richord, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:52 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jun 2008
1,157 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
For Sale
Help me determine what this is worth. Align Trex 450 V2 - New.

I'm trying to determine if this is worth selling.

I have a brand new Align Trex V2 that I just decided to start putting together - airframe almost completely assembled.

I have been flying a V1 CopterX clone for a while now, which is why it took so long to decide to put this together.

I have the following used components to put in it:
-Scorpion motor
-Align BLX35 ESC
-(3) hitec HS65HB's
-Futaba 9257 tail servo
-Futaba 401 Gyro
-Spektrum 6110 RX

What do you think the airframe alone would sell for and/or with the components listed above?

Likewise, what do you think the CopterX with similar components would sell for?

Thanks!
richord is offline Find More Posts by richord
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:59 PM
massachusetts
Joined Mar 2005
401 Posts
Trader Rating: 107
If the airframe is carbon fiber it will be worth a little more than the silver fiberglass. I would say around $125-150 for the CF based on what the Pro airframes are getting.

With the electronics you're looking at roughly $250-300 maybe even less.

I have no idea on the CopterX.
tukkus is offline Find More Posts by tukkus
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:01 PM
Team Haiyin & Team HeliOption
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
187 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
Sell the frame for 60-75 bucks depending on its condition and components ie Metal head/tail unit. Keep your electronics for the next 450 you build, or sell them seperately. 3 Copter-X 450 kits sold here a few days ago for $95 for all 3 shipped.
Heli's sold as a bundle, folks think you should give away the electronics since the frame is so inexpensive. Get yourself a Align 450 Pro 3GX FBL and install your good electronics(less Gyro), in it.
Mahu is offline Find More Posts by Mahu
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:44 PM
United States, TX, Lake Worth
Joined Jun 2008
72 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
Good luck! I havent had a single person interested in mine and I have 900 invested and is for sale 325 shipped! lol
Guess Im going to have to part it out to get anything.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1707279
willfly4food84 is offline Find More Posts by willfly4food84
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,367 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Flybar heli's are not in very high demand. Everyone wants FBL.
If it was NIB it would sell for 150 to 160.
Partially assembled, probably 120.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:19 PM
United States, TX, Lake Worth
Joined Jun 2008
72 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Flybar heli's are not in very high demand. Everyone wants FBL.
If it was NIB it would sell for 150 to 160.
Partially assembled, probably 120.
wow thats aweful i have more than that in a esc and motor
willfly4food84 is offline Find More Posts by willfly4food84
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:20 PM
Havin' a HeLi Good Time!
Dallas, TX by way of Kelleys Island
Joined Mar 2009
75 Posts
Trader Rating: 102
Not EVERYONE wants FBL

Just ask Bert Kammerer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xXJpyzlOE4

I personally will always keep a FB heli for the smooth way they fly and the superior feel around "center" and the way it feels "indexed" to the air. That may change when I get my hands on an MSH Brain which Bert recommends, but there's something "classic" about a FB setup. While the FBL setup reacts after the heli moves off center, the FB heli remains stable due to the damping algorithm built into the head mechanics / flybar; that is the reason why the 700 FB and multirotors are the platform of choice for aerial photography. With a FBL heli you get a tiny wiggle in the video as the heli constantly moves off center and is corrected back by the 3-axis gyro while the FB heli is inherently stable.

But in the end what clearprop88 says is basically true - the masses are going FBL and I think the simplicity is the main reason - for the average person getting into the hobby, learning to set up a FB heli correctly is hard!

If you are unsure, keep the thing and fly it! After all, the FB heli is what the FBL systems are all trying to emulate in the first place!

Anyways just my $0.02's worth...

Cheers,

Bill
kelleysislande is offline Find More Posts by kelleysislande
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,367 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
I new that would stir up some controvery, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.
Unfortunately used heli's don't bring the prices we would like to get for our prized heli's that have given us very much enjoyment, but I think that's the way of the market.
Buying a used heli. is a risk. One man's proffesionally built, meticulously cared for heli. is any mans pile of junk.
Present company exempted.
However, in my experience, if there is a problem with a heli. that I have bought the seller has always corrected the problem. We are overall a basically honest lot.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Last edited by clearprop88; Aug 09, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:52 PM
Havin' a HeLi Good Time!
Dallas, TX by way of Kelleys Island
Joined Mar 2009
75 Posts
Trader Rating: 102
One more thing...

I was in the same boat as you - wanting to sell my V2 until one fateful day at the club field...

One of our members brought his "old" metal frame Trex 450 SE V2 and proceeded to school us all in how well an "old school" heli could fly. I was all bought into how "superior" FBL helis were compared to the old, clunky, energy-robbing FB setups of yore ha ha

I went home that day and went straight to my V2 and looked at it in a new light...

Cheers,

Bill
kelleysislande is offline Find More Posts by kelleysislande
Old Aug 09, 2012, 04:10 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by richord View Post
I'm trying to determine if this is worth selling.

I have a brand new Align Trex V2 that I just decided to start putting together - airframe almost completely assembled.

I have been flying a V1 CopterX clone for a while now, which is why it took so long to decide to put this together.

I have the following used components to put in it:
-Scorpion motor
-Align BLX35 ESC
-(3) hitec HS65HB's
-Futaba 9257 tail servo
-Futaba 401 Gyro
-Spektrum 6110 RX

What do you think the airframe alone would sell for and/or with the components listed above?

Likewise, what do you think the CopterX with similar components would sell for?

Thanks!
$325 for the align....$275 for the X... Include pay pal and shipping @ those prices. Not much is moving these past few months.
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Old Aug 09, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Oct 2011
464 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Resale on these seems to have dropped quite a bit in just the last 3 months. I just sold mine for $250 and included 2 batteries and receiver. Good luck. If you can get more, that's great.

Jerry
jerrymeister is offline Find More Posts by jerrymeister
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:15 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jun 2008
1,157 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
Thanks everyone. I think I have enough feedback to work up a fair price if I decide to sell. I have even received some PM's with interest already...

Now, to sell or not to sell...
richord is offline Find More Posts by richord
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:10 PM
Team Haiyin & Team HeliOption
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
187 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
Sell it and get a 550, you will love it!!!
Mahu is offline Find More Posts by Mahu