HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:28 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,251 Posts
Look, Michael is a good pilot, but he is bought and paid for. I am however looking forwards to Rogers and others UN-cut videos. Any "pro" pilot should be able to put down a none stop 4 minute freestyle routine like they do in competitions that all of us rookies would be happy to sit and watch. I want to buy the plane, in fact I want the red edge as well, but I want to see it fly in real life first
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:33 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole View Post
Look, Michael is a good pilot, but he is bought and paid for. I am however looking forwards to Rogers and others UN-cut videos. Any "pro" pilot should be able to put down a none stop 4 minute freestyle routine like they do in competitions that all of us rookies would be happy to sit and watch.
+1 very well said sir
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:19 AM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole View Post
Look, Michael is a good pilot, but he is bought and paid for. I am however looking forwards to Rogers and others UN-cut videos. Any "pro" pilot should be able to put down a none stop 4 minute freestyle routine like they do in competitions that all of us rookies would be happy to sit and watch. I want to buy the plane, in fact I want the red edge as well, but I want to see it fly in real life first
As I said before I am not going to put together a freestyle routine for one silly plane... Do you have any idea of the hours put to even modestly perfecting a routine.

You will see it unperfected. Right after maiden take off. 3 flights and a sample of every type of manuever to the best of my ability.
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:19 AM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,327 Posts
PLane just got here by the way... It arrived in good Condition... Looks pretty good. My builder is picking it up and I'll get a vid soon...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:23 AM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,327 Posts
BTW, If you ever wonder why I am seldom on the tthreads... 80 of my total posts ever are on this forum... That is one third...

There is a lot of ill will and misplaced anger and contempt. HOw this is helping anyone... I will never know. Mainly because the persons using contemptuous and confrontational language lose credibility immediately and are ultimately ignored.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:33 AM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
BTW, If you ever wonder why I am seldom on the tthreads... 80 of my total posts ever are on this forum... That is one third...

There is a lot of ill will and misplaced anger and contempt. HOw this is helping anyone... I will never know. Mainly because the persons using contemptuous and confrontational language lose credibility immediately and are ultimately ignored.

Well said Michael.
volcomsnows2k is online now Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:58 AM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsnows2k View Post
Well said Michael.
i d say he is bs-ing....80 post of what a video dude he is....blabla....just do the vid.
do a edited video of 4min....as its your job.
and do one unedited as a cyberfriend of all of us. it takes no time once the camera is there anyway. or are you scared to show that your 3d skills are not that perfect?
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:02 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
i d say he is bs-ing....80 post of what a video dude he is....blabla....just do the vid.
and do one unedited as a cyberfriend of all of us. it takes no time once the camera is there anyway. or are you scared to show that your 3d skills are not that perfect?
Wow Really?? Why are a few of you so mean? I just don't understand...
volcomsnows2k is online now Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:11 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsnows2k View Post
Wow Really?? Why are a few of you so mean? I just don't understand...
sorry if it sounds mean, it wasnt meant that way.
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:14 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Why are we doing this again???

OK lets throw a different slant on this so we can put it to bed.....although a little out there as an analogy think shows the realities of life...

OK MW is a well known *orn star and he is very proud of his prowess and abilities...always wanting to give his all - now MW has been asked to give a new girl a go in a new film...now this girl is untested in the field of *orn...so he doesn't know how she will behave or perform or how it will go when shooting his scenes...

Now do we expect to see the cutting room floor where MW couldn't get it up or was a little premature or was a little off form that day? No we want to see the edited and full glory of MW giving this girl a good seeing to and appreciate that some scenes were edited to show both MW and the new girl in the best possible light as possible...because that's what sells and is more appealing to the general public

If you want to see off cuts and bloopers watch a Jackie Chan movie or if you want to see this plane fly in unedited raw form - why not get one yourself and do a movie yourself??

Sorry MW couldn't think of another analogy that best fits the scenario

So can we lay off the video edited/raw subject I think it has been well answered and for the most here are happy with the explanation
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:18 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,142 Posts
We went though all this video 'i want this, I want that' nonsense in the last thread, why drag it all up again? Take it somewhere else for pity's sake. Or do we conclude what seems to be increasingly obvious that there are some here with the sole objective of destroying any thread on any HK plane?
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:20 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,142 Posts
Quote:
sorry if it sounds mean, it wasnt meant that way.
It came across as incredibly rude an derogatory, not just mean. I'd suggest you use the edit button
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:20 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Guess I'm not the only one wanting to see a skilled pilot show his unedited video of a new plane.
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:24 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,327 Posts
Quote:
OK you got me... My 3d skills aren't perfect. Never even claimed to be any good! You win! I'm a thousand miles from perfect. but... hey, probably scared to be ridiculed too. So right on all counts. Congratulations. I have flown in lots of shows in front of thousands... scared every time, and worried they will see how bad I really am.

Hey can you imagine with the mean spirited people here what would happen to me if I posted something they can say sucked? WOW... I would have to be insane.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:28 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
PLane just got here by the way... It arrived in good Condition... Looks pretty good. My builder is picking it up and I'll get a vid soon...
If we dont see a video tonight I don't know what I will do!

Maybe just wait till tomorrow
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz