HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2008, 01:00 PM
Central Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
191 Posts
Discussion
DX7 programming combine flaps and ailerons ..How?

I have a DX7 and would like to know how to program this so that I can combine the flaps with the ailerons (to achieve full length ailerons)

My wing has 4 servos. I am not particularly interested in having a "crow " function. I would like to just use the flap switch to control flaps where 1 position is up, 1 position is down, and the 3rd position combines them with the ailerons. Basically have the outer section work as a aileron all the time and the inner section work as either a normal flap or aileron.

I assume that this can be done, I'm just getting confused when I start messing with the program mixing screen. Any help and info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RC
roadsplat is offline Find More Posts by roadsplat
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2008, 01:39 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
To achieve full length ailerons, mix ailerons with flaps. I haven't done it but since DX7 has 6(?) free mix, it should have no difficulty.

However, if you were to use DX7 for 4 servo wing glider, you chose a wrong radio.
DX7 does not have a dedicated program for glider. I made the same mistake. I didn't know it before I bought it. It is incovenient to use DX7 for a full house glider.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 28, 2008, 09:57 AM
Central Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
191 Posts
Yes I know that it can do it,but that is the problem. I am not sure how to setup the program mixes. Can someone post what steps I need to take to accomplish this.

Thanks

RC
Old May 29, 2008, 10:03 PM
Central Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
191 Posts
Anyone???
Old May 29, 2008, 10:15 PM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Aug 2007
255 Posts
See my post in http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=863368. Thats one way of doing it, I'm sure there are others....
areid is offline Find More Posts by areid
Old May 31, 2008, 10:13 AM
Central Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
191 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'll give that a try.

RC