Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 25, 2013, 06:27 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,292 Posts
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Last edited by smitty919; Dec 26, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2013, 06:47 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty919 View Post
but hey if your in the market to spend 3 times the amount for the new DJI phantom go for it lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7 View Post
Well the Phantom 2 comes in at roughly $680 and the 350QX comes in at around $470.. so not really three times the amount, unless y'all are doing that new math that I've yet to learn.
Quote:
Pssssst it must be the new math I guess http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc...4&idcategory=0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
nightfox7 said Phantom 2, not Vision.
Quote:
I was quoted on the price of the newest version of the phantom and challenged about the price and that's the vision....ok I'm done with this if you like the dji better well go play at the dji playground I guess... Merry Christmas
Reading is hard.

Nowhere was the Vision mentioned. You assumed he meant Vision. He said (see above) Phantom 2.

Also, nowhere did I mention that I "like the dji better".
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Old Dec 25, 2013, 06:49 PM
KK4QIN
United States, GA, Cornelia
Joined Jan 2012
1,121 Posts
Quote:
Pssssst it must be the new math I guess http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc...4&idcategory=0
Quote:
I was quoted on the price of the newest version of the phantom and challenged about the price and that's the vision....ok I'm done with this if you like the dji better well go play at the dji playground I guess... Merry Christmas
No no, that's the vision, yes it is the Phantom 2, but it is the vision edition, which comes with heaps of things, mainly the camera hanging off the bottom of the quad, which is remote controlled and sends a live video feed down to an IOS device. That's something that the 350 does not have.

The Phantom 2 RTF, which would be the equivalent to the 350 QX RTF. Here's the links for both:
Phantom 2 RTF
350 QX RTF

It's kind of unfair to compare the prices of two completely different levels of products.

I wasn't challenging you, I was just putting out correct information so everyone reading along, like myself, can have the facts. Don't go jumping on people about doing research if you aren't willing to do it yourself. Or make jabs like "DJI prayer group", and "DJI Playground" at people that are just voicing their opinion, i'm not sure why you're taking this so personal, I guess your avatar says a lot about your maturity level.
nightfox7 is offline Find More Posts by nightfox7
Old Dec 25, 2013, 06:53 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,292 Posts
OK you win Merry Christmas.....
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Old Jan 26, 2014, 09:45 PM
Joined Jan 2014
25 Posts
Took my 350 qx for a flight tonight with my go-pro attached and at about 150ft i see my prop break off and witness the free fall all the way down landing on the only asphalt roof within 400ft around. needless to say its in bits and pieces now. Did some research and ended up here. Is HH still replacing these after a prop failure? I don't even have the original box or receipt anymore. I do though have the flight failure recorded.

Great info here thanks
etnies3000 is offline Find More Posts by etnies3000
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:57 PM
RC Extraordinaire
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Feb 2011
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etnies3000 View Post
Took my 350 qx for a flight tonight with my go-pro attached and at about 150ft i see my prop break off and witness the free fall all the way down landing on the only asphalt roof within 400ft around. needless to say its in bits and pieces now. Did some research and ended up here. Is HH still replacing these after a prop failure? I don't even have the original box or receipt anymore. I do though have the flight failure recorded.

Great info here thanks
I imagine they are still honoring it, if you had the "A" props on it. Give HH Customer Service a call and I bet they will help you out. Mine did the same thing (on the "A" props), and I sent it to them, received back a completely repaired quad (looked brand new) with "B" props. I have 25+ flights since not a single problem.

Best of luck!
resistgravity is online now Find More Posts by resistgravity
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2014, 02:54 PM
Joined Jan 2014
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by resistgravity View Post
I imagine they are still honoring it, if you had the "A" props on it. Give HH Customer Service a call and I bet they will help you out. Mine did the same thing (on the "A" props), and I sent it to them, received back a completely repaired quad (looked brand new) with "B" props. I have 25+ flights since not a single problem.

Best of luck!
Thanks for the support. I called today and he just told me to send it in with the repair form. Hopefully they can help me out too. it was the old props for sure.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 08:58 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,047 Posts
I don't see much about the 180QX HD...are they any good? The one we got came with the camera, BNF... has the same exact props as our Interactive Toys HeliQuad 24...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Jan 27, 2014, 09:12 PM
Helicopters
United States, MA, Adams
Joined Oct 2008
559 Posts
with ALL the flyaways , not brand depending , . do you guys EVER flip to manual mode????? can anyone fly in manual mode????? stop relying on all the technology people! learn to fly without it.
let the haters hate!
Airworks is offline Find More Posts by Airworks
Old Jan 27, 2014, 09:13 PM
Helicopters
United States, MA, Adams
Joined Oct 2008
559 Posts
with ALL the flyaways , not brand depending , . do you guys EVER flip to manual mode????? can anyone fly in manual mode????? stop relying on all the technology people! learn to fly without it.
let the haters hate!

(yes i know this about prop failure) but why so many flyaway comments...?.
Airworks is offline Find More Posts by Airworks
Old Feb 06, 2014, 09:54 PM
Joined Jan 2014
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etnies3000 View Post

Great info here thanks
(UPDATE) Sent in my 350 to Horizon Hobby and a week and half later they returned it fixed free of charge! These guys are great and plan on doing more business with them.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 02:21 PM
United States, PA, Blairsville
Joined Jun 2012
30 Posts
I just happened to stumble onto this thread, I don't even have a 350qx. I'm sure it was already mentioned somewhere but I just wanted to let everyone know that I saw that red rocket hobbies sells cf blades for the 350. Hope this helps someone.
edan978 is offline Find More Posts by edan978