HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Windburner Pilots' Thread

RCGroups.com user, Kevin Bennett has created a thread for Windburner owners to share their experiences, it pertains to anything and everything Windburner-related.

Splash

Love the Windburner? This is the thread for you.

RCGroups.com user Kevin Bennett describes how he got hooked on the Windburner:

I wanted a fast plank which was easy to build and just as fun and easy to fly for dynamic soaring. It started off as a 40” plane with a lost foam fuselage. From the very first Windburner I realised I had something special. So I made a plug for a fuse and increased the wing size to 48”. The wing was made from a plastic laminate material which is a skinny laminate of 0.5 mm. It flew so well that it broke the 48” tailless world record. So then I decided to make a hollow moulded wing version. From then on, the Windburner has gone from strength to strength. I’ve refined it to make it faster and faster over time and so far it has broken not only the 48” world record but holds the outright world record for a tailless aircraft. A special thanks to Tim and Ezza: without their input the Windburner wouldn’t be what it is today: thanks.