The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2011
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoblast View Post
90% filming
10% photographing
Thanks Helicoblast!
So I guess it would be be better to use the GH2 since most of the jobs are filming.. (Instead of using a NEX7, which would be better for photo's.)
Squawk is online now Find More Posts by Squawk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:39 AM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
790 Posts
I personnaly use different camera, depending on the job: 5D, CX730, Nex5, gopro... and different multicopter.
helicoblast is offline Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:14 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2011
530 Posts
Nice.. but I don't have that luxury yet.. :-)
I have to start with one and must decide between NEX7 and GH2 for now.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:21 AM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
790 Posts
I would start with the GH2 as it is better for filming, but you also should ask on the aerial photography section, there should be other opinion: http://m.rcgroups.com/aerial-photography-128/
helicoblast is offline Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:44 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
Nice.. but I don't have that luxury yet.. :-)
I have to start with one and must decide between NEX7 and GH2 for now.
If you can get away with 30FPS, the GH2 makes the Nex7 video quality look sub-par.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:12 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2011
530 Posts
Thanks guys! :-)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:27 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2004
1,088 Posts
With regards to installing carbon fiber sleeves on the arms of the S800--What size of sleeve to order? It looks like a 1.5in sleeve has a 30% expansion in size and will reduce the size by 70% to help conform around the oject being covered.

So is it 1in or 1.5 or 2in that works the best the people have tried.
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:48 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,167 Posts
I think it was stated that the 40mm size, about 1.5".
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:06 AM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I think it was stated that the 40mm size, about 1.5".
1.5" is what I just ordered. Now I just need to figure out the heatshrink size to get. I have some that will just fit over the arms but I think I'll have the problem someone else did where it pushes the CF around when you put it on.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:13 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2011
530 Posts
People that are using the GH2 under their Zenmuse, what lens do you recommend?
The Lumix G14 F1.7 or the Lumix G20 F2.5?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:40 AM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
I have a problem that I can't seem to solve. I get an oscillation when flying at anything more than a walking speed or if it's windy. Sometimes it's not too bad and you can barely see it in the video. Other times it wobbles so much you can hear it and the video is totally unusable. I flew yesterday and it was pretty cold outside and it was terrible. Other days it will hardly happen at all. I normally would assume the gains are too high but I have tried all different settings and it's still there. I have tried putting the gains on a slider an can get it to go from severe to not too bad but it never goes away. Will covering the arms help this? Maybe mounting the IMU differently? I am using a PS1 3XPro V2 gimbal. I would like to have a zenmuse but the funds don't allow that right now. Here is a sample video showing the problem. The gimbal is taking out most of it but you can hear it.
oscillation (0 min 11 sec)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:46 AM
Joined Jan 2011
16 Posts
66mm PVC heat shrink (12 ft) for $10.90 on ebay is what I will use.
Haven't tried this technique yet, but once saturated carbon fiber is positioned on the arm one could temporarily secure it to the arm at both ends with small diameter rubber bands until the shrink wrap is properly positioned over the sheath and then partially shrunk in the center of the arm, securing the carbon fiber sheath onto the arm.
Then reach under the ends of the shrink wrap tubing and snip and remove the two rubber bands, and then finish the shrinking out to both ends of the sheath. No guarnatee, and not tested yet, but some means must be used to keep the sheath properly positioned while the shrink wrap is placed over it prior to shrinking, and this might work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
1.5" is what I just ordered. Now I just need to figure out the heatshrink size to get. I have some that will just fit over the arms but I think I'll have the problem someone else did where it pushes the CF around when you put it on.
ChasB is online now Find More Posts by ChasB
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:18 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
I just checked and that is the same size as the heatshrink I have that is pretty tight fitting around the base of the arm. I guess if I can get it over that without moving things I'll be okay since the rest of the arm is much smaller. I think I got what I have now at the hobby shop and it was used for covering batteries.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasB View Post
66mm PVC heat shrink (12 ft) for $10.90 on ebay is what I will use.
Haven't tried this technique yet, but once saturated carbon fiber is positioned on the arm one could temporarily secure it to the arm at both ends with small diameter rubber bands until the shrink wrap is properly positioned over the sheath and then partially shrunk in the center of the arm, securing the carbon fiber sheath onto the arm.
Then reach under the ends of the shrink wrap tubing and snip and remove the two rubber bands, and then finish the shrinking out to both ends of the sheath. No guarnatee, and not tested yet, but some means must be used to keep the sheath properly positioned while the shrink wrap is placed over it prior to shrinking, and this might work.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:28 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,314 Posts
I'm going to try THIShttp://www.experiencerc.com/store/qu...8-p-13854.html If it looks ok I will just leave it on there.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:54 PM
Joined Dec 2011
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
I have a problem that I can't seem to solve. I get an oscillation when flying at anything more than a walking speed or if it's windy. Sometimes it's not too bad and you can barely see it in the video. Other times it wobbles so much you can hear it and the video is totally unusable. I flew yesterday and it was pretty cold outside and it was terrible. Other days it will hardly happen at all. I normally would assume the gains are too high but I have tried all different settings and it's still there. I have tried putting the gains on a slider an can get it to go from severe to not too bad but it never goes away. Will covering the arms help this? Maybe mounting the IMU differently? I am using a PS1 3XPro V2 gimbal. I would like to have a zenmuse but the funds don't allow that right now. Here is a sample video showing the problem. The gimbal is taking out most of it but you can hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTxGFrisGJI
Have you performed a compass calibration recently? I had the same problem a couple of different times and I found that everything worked better after a fresh compass calibration. Just a though.
rancherpete is offline Find More Posts by rancherpete