Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Joe 1320, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 02, 2011, 10:31 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,404 Posts
Discussion
I love my Job and the Company I work for!

While there are always pluses and minuses with every job, I can honestly say that for the last 23 years I've been doing a job that I love. I've been a musician and teacher for my same employer since the beginning of 1989. I take care of my company and they have always taken care of me. It seems like so many that I talk to cannot say that much positive about about their career and/or employer. So I'm curious...... how many of you are in the same situation where you are happy in your career and the company you work for?
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Aug 02, 2011, 01:05 PM
Lone Star Flyer
Bryan, Texas
Joined Jan 2006
227 Posts
Design, plan, and build.... I love it.

I've been an architect for 34 years, love what I do, and have never regretted my career path. I like my current employer and also have liked being self-employed in the past. This doesn't mean that I don't run into difficult clients, contractors, or regulatory authorities. Those occasionally come with any job. I just look upon them as another management challenge.
Arkitexas is offline Find More Posts by Arkitexas
Old Aug 04, 2011, 12:00 AM
Keremeos, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
I LOVE my current situation! I "work" for the Government..... well, they send me cheques every month, and the only justification is my age... Really, I don't know how I had time to work for The Man.

The last guy I worked for was a jerk, anywhere up to 12 hours a day, money was okay, I took holidays when I wanted, or when the customers let me...... oh, wait, that was me, running my own business....
TLyttle is offline Find More Posts by TLyttle
Old Aug 04, 2011, 06:09 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
1,438 Posts
If I worked for "The Vintage Aviator Co" I am sure I would try to be there for the rest of my life...
Shame I don't.

Hugh
MerlinV is offline Find More Posts by MerlinV
Old Aug 04, 2011, 03:49 PM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,586 Posts
Hi,

I've been a cop for the last 26 years. Some assignments were better than others, but all in all things have been good. My current assignment is the best. I work in a detective bureau with a 6 figure base salary, benefits, on call pay, a take home car, and steady overtime.

Yesterday we did a buy/bust operation on a guy suspected of selling stolen property on E-Bay. Today we helped another agency serve a search warrant in our area for property stolen in a series of burglaries. Two in custody, property recovered. Life is good.

Mickydee
mickydee is online now Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:40 PM
No Guts, No Glory
Simi Valley, CA
Joined Feb 2007
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee View Post
Hi,

I've been a cop for the last 26 years. Some assignments were better than others, but all in all things have been good. My current assignment is the best. I work in a detective bureau with a 6 figure base salary, benefits, on call pay, a take home car, and steady overtime.

Yesterday we did a buy/bust operation on a guy suspected of selling stolen property on E-Bay. Today we helped another agency serve a search warrant in our area for property stolen in a series of burglaries. Two in custody, property recovered. Life is good.

Mickydee
well done!!
flyin C is offline Find More Posts by flyin C
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:00 PM
SF Valley RC Flyers
Joined Feb 2010
284 Posts
Yeah I love my business. I make tshirt designs and I get paid a commission for each tshirt that is sold with one of my designs on it. So I get passive income. I make money every day whether I work or do something fun or relax. I have complete freedom + an income. It's the ideal combination. I hate everything about working for other people. To me, the only good thing about a job is when you get to go home. I'm also going to start making 3d objects and sell those on the internet just like the tshirt designs. It'll be a second stream of passive income. I don't need to worry about losing my income or the economy or the unemployment rate. All that has no effect on me. I love my situation. I love getting paid for doing nothing.
Killionaire is offline Find More Posts by Killionaire
Old Aug 20, 2011, 05:49 PM
Gainesville, Florida
Joined Sep 2006
2,951 Posts
Firefighter/Paramedic here...I LOVE my job!!!
laughingstill is offline Find More Posts by laughingstill
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:07 PM
Lear 35, GII, GIII pilot
Hazlehurst GA
Joined Jan 2001
387 Posts
I am truly lucky.....after runnng my own business for 12 years, my mentor convinced me to work for his company. That was a year and a half ago.....today I flew a Presidential candidate in our Gulfstream 2B.....I would still be sweating it out in my shop, working on little airplanes and spraying cotton in my ag-plane.....all fun stuff, but I am truly happy with what I'm doing now.....don't pinch me, I don't want to wake up! Living my dream......
agpilot24 is offline Find More Posts by agpilot24
Last edited by agpilot24; Aug 21, 2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 03:45 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
I'm a dentist, love it. Student loans suck but I make up for it with income and flexability. I work on my planes at the office and too see some of these kids faces when they see a beautiful 3dhs aj slick in the corner is a hoot. Interesting to see all the positive employment experiences despite the economy. It seems more and more like businesses are gobbling each other up leaving few choices except to start a small business.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Sep 01, 2011, 04:57 PM
AMA 754
Phoenix area
Joined Apr 2004
1,606 Posts
Reading these forums is considered part of my job. Need I say more? (grin)
BobRCnut is offline Find More Posts by BobRCnut
Old Sep 10, 2011, 08:38 AM
Disgruntled Member
United States, OK, Anadarko
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Automotive Tech...

I am the guy that makes your electrcal and computer problems go away in your late model car.

30 years in and I am leaving it to restart R/C Works.

At 53 years old I am not in to working in 120 degree bays over 230 degree motors and commuting 2 hours a day to work 12 to 18 hours a day... I have done that for for the last 3.5 years.

It paid off my house in 4 years start to finish. I have no crdit card debt.

Time to do what I want now.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Sep 10, 2011, 09:12 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,770 Posts
Career US Civil Servant Aerospace Engineer here. 34 years in the busness. 11 years taking care of KC-135's for the USAF, 23 years with the FAA. Everytime you ride on an airliner you benefit from the word done by my office. Can't say I love it but it has challenges and benefits, beats anything else I've looked at.
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Sep 15, 2011, 05:24 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
What we DO is really awesome: We manufacture components for medical robotics, and are branching out into aerospace and some military. I mean, how cool is that? Robotic endoscopic surgery. I got to fiddle with a DaVinci, once. There's a doctor-side station (which could be anywhere at all-even the other side of the globe), and a patient side robot, with a camera and up to five, I think, instruments at the doctor's disposal. There's a microphone and speaker at your ear, and a matching set by the patient. So easy to use, just sit down, lean in, and stick your fingers in the gizmo. Very cool! Squeamish? How about titanium pieces for helicopter nose guns, parts that go into spy drones (RC, anyone? ), mixing chambers for Atlas rockets.... Who knows what tomorrow will put on the inspection plate.

It's a crying shame about the real jerks I gotta work with, though. Oooooh! I've been strongly tempted to walk out many times just this past quarter.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot