HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:36 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,982 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty much the conclusion I came to.

Is there a spare channel on the brick? I'm not busting in there if I dont have to
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:40 PM
Registered RC Addict
USA, PA, Tunkhannock
Joined Nov 2006
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much the conclusion I came to.

Is there a spare channel on the brick? I'm not busting in there if I dont have to
6ch rx so yes two extra (including the 4 pin xport).
team222badbrad is offline Find More Posts by team222badbrad
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:55 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,982 Posts
Boom! I'm going in
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:35 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterous View Post
How can you the the break on the esc?
If you're asking if it's possible to program prop brake mode on the ESC, the answer is "no" as far as I've been able to determine. That's the one thing that bugs me on all the UMX's, I wish I could set the prop to brake!

I finally updated the firmware on my iPhone so I could download the RC Speedo app. I tried it this evening on the Stryker and was getting speeds in the mid-50's, but that was out of a slight dive because it was in my backyard and I had to clear some trees before bringing it down close enough for the phone to hear it. I'll try and take it somewhere more open for runs in both directions.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Oct 01, 2011, 12:19 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Actually Tres
You can set it
Turn on your tansmitter put throttle to full then plug in whatever UM you are flying that has BL motor listen for the tones then move throttle to mid point wait for tones move throttle back to full wait for the beeps 1st you get one beep wait and you will hear 2 beeps wait some more and 3 beeps wait some mre and 4 beeps once you hear the 4 beeps bring throttle to "Off" position wait for tones and unplug battery you will then be set for Strongest brake its a full 15 second wait to get to the 4 beeps. Remember you have to have the throttle at full wait for tones go to half throttle then back up to full and THEN wait through the three other settings it takes 15 seconds to get to the setting you want.

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Last edited by kushal_22; Oct 03, 2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 04:58 PM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,044 Posts
micro fpv in hd
(its long and boring but you can spot some boomerangs and some DSM2 lock outs.. ;-)

UM Stryker FPV HD (9 min 29 sec)

Micro FPV in HD (UM Stryker) (2 min 35 sec)
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Old Oct 02, 2011, 05:56 PM
Joined Apr 2010
114 Posts
CrashMeUp;
Could you show me the mount set up for the camera you have going there on the UM Stryker? Maybe post a picture? I'm presuming you're using one of the little key fob camera's. I'd like to do the same but I'm not quite sure how to mount it securely and w/out completely screwing up the center of gravity.

Thanks in advance,
Jwhatley is offline Find More Posts by Jwhatley
Old Oct 02, 2011, 06:15 PM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,044 Posts
well, it does mess up a bit the CG with my current setup but i just counter trim it ;-)
my fpv camera is glued in the nose, the VTX it on top of the ESC (i fully shielded the VTX otherwise the ESC interferes), the VTX battery is at the tail

then the keychain camera (uncased and changed the battery for a 50mah 1S) goes on top of the canopy, taped, as rewards as possible

I'll make a pic for my next flight (i remove the HD camera every time since its just taped on the canopy). Hopefully its not in a long time so that I remember it.
Old Oct 03, 2011, 07:52 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
Actually Tres
You can set it
Mal, many thanks for that, I had searched before and couldn't find anything, I appreciate it! I'll give it a try.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Oct 03, 2011, 09:04 AM
I fly em', there for I am.
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Morning guys. So, I couple pages back I mentioned I was getting kinda a bored with this little screamer. Well, I take it back. I had to run to Bakersfield this weekend and so I only had room for one and I new there was a park right down the street from my Mother-in-laws. So, I got up early yesterday morning and headed out with 3 charged batteries and my little Baby Stryker. There's wasn't a soal around and you know, there was dew on the grass, no breeze, just perfect. So, I thottled back and pretty much ran threw the gammet of tricks, but this time I went slow. Slowed everything down, coming in low, just above the grass, just putting around the park. You know, it was a great time and if you haven't taken the chance to slow the Stryker down in a while, I highly suggest it!! It was really nice to slow down a bit. And hell, I got 8 min flights on my Babble Batteries 240 mah... I haven't done that in a while. I'm always WOT with this baby...

Have a good one
SBOTI74 is offline Find More Posts by SBOTI74
Old Oct 03, 2011, 09:08 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMeUp View Post
micro fpv in hd
(its long and boring but you can spot some boomerangs and some DSM2 lock outs.. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDl0NB4I4lk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR8gd...eature=related
Lockouts from what> I haven't had any lockouts on my ums.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 03, 2011, 10:28 AM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
CrashMeUp, nice FPV. What type of setup do you use for this?
binaryclock is offline Find More Posts by binaryclock
Old Oct 03, 2011, 10:49 AM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Lockouts from what> I haven't had any lockouts on my ums.

J
I don't know, the environment, the range is pretty reduced when I fly in that area with DSM2. I rarely have lock outs when I'm in visual range, but 150m+ starts to be out of visual range. I always keep it up in the sky, so as you can see in the video, the failsafe is motor off/all controls to neutral and the plane falls for 2s time during which the RX reconnects, then I have control again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryclock View Post
CrashMeUp, nice FPV. What type of setup do you use for this?
UM Stryker, 300mah self made batts from 2x 1S zippies, 160mah 1S nanotech UM batts for the FPV camera, 200mW fpvhobby 5.8Ghz Tx, cloverleaf antenna, FS Dominators, and a keychain camera (720p model) for the HD recording, uncased and with a 50mah 1S zippy battery

I'm planning to make a better setup tho, as great as the Stryker is, its not perfect for the HD cam (its perfect without tho) as it sticks out too much and the plane is pretty sensible to aerodynamics on the nose.

To me tho, such setups are much better than the huge planes for FPV. It's simple, flies well, and its fun (flying 15km straight with OSD is not fun if you don't live in the mountains/at the beach/other awesome landscape)

Im thinking of adding a wifi booster to counter the signal problems, although id rather have a more reliable link (like, a DSMX enabled micro RX :P)
Old Oct 03, 2011, 11:01 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOTI74 View Post
Morning guys. So, I couple pages back I mentioned I was getting kinda a bored with this little screamer. Well, I take it back. I had to run to Bakersfield this weekend and so I only had room for one and I new there was a park right down the street from my Mother-in-laws. So, I got up early yesterday morning and headed out with 3 charged batteries and my little Baby Stryker. There's wasn't a soal around and you know, there was dew on the grass, no breeze, just perfect. So, I thottled back and pretty much ran threw the gammet of tricks, but this time I went slow. Slowed everything down, coming in low, just above the grass, just putting around the park. You know, it was a great time and if you haven't taken the chance to slow the Stryker down in a while, I highly suggest it!! It was really nice to slow down a bit. And hell, I got 8 min flights on my Babble Batteries 240 mah... I haven't done that in a while. I'm always WOT with this baby...

Have a good one
+1

I'm taking a road trip this week. Even if I have to leave other important things at home, I'll find a way to bring both Biggie and Baby Stryker!
pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Oct 03, 2011, 05:48 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOTI74 View Post

Have a good one

S BOT,

I love fast and max throw UM Stryker flight!
(Hyp 2S 240/4040 prop)

Have you ever tried the Hyp 2S 180 in early morning calm?
She is light and can harrier around beautifully.
Excellent fast & slow flight characteristics.
I always choose her over my Sbach.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member