HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2014, 08:25 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire Flyer View Post
$17 for the e-flite spinner seems a little rich. Anyone else try a different 1.75" spinner?
There are some good aluminum backplate -plastic cone spinners - Tower may still carry them
The tiny lightweight all plastic spinners which come on models such as the Artizan are actually quite true running.
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2014, 06:41 AM
El Paso
Joined Jan 2011
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
There are some good aluminum backplate -plastic cone spinners - Tower may still carry them
The tiny lightweight all plastic spinners which come on models such as the Artizan are actually quite true running.
I'm not enthusiastic about spinners in general. They impede cooling air and are in the way when replacing props.

On the 480, after installing bigger motor, ESC and battery I wanted more cooling through the fuse. My latest effort was to block air escaping through the steering gear cutout using a round paper CA hinge and bit of fuel tubing.

That was so successful that the canopy popped off during high speed level flight! So now I rubberband the canopy before flight.
oldsamer is offline Find More Posts by oldsamer
Old Jul 17, 2014, 09:29 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,882 Posts
Mine is fairly pumped up so no spinner and a scoop made for the front inlet. The popping off canopy is a result of the law of unintended consequences
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer