HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2011, 03:56 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun10 View Post
Printed logo on screen saying DSM2. When I called first to customer support I was treated as though I was wasting their time. Then ask to be transferred to tech support which I waited for 56min and got nowhere. What burns me was that I waited for a month before they got the new batch to order one, told by sales these are the new units had DSMX on the screen. I knew to ask this question from other forums. I know the only difference is the logo but saying one thing and getting another and on top of that then telling sorry but you open the box. I also noticed when I got the box the plastic rapper was re-taped and the transmitter was partially out of its bag. This makes me wonder what went on before I got it. Wonder if itís a reworked / refurbished unit?
I feel your pain! That is terrible service! Shame on them!
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:04 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Second Thoughts

Wow, this seems to be getting worse, I have untill Friday to use my 15% off coupon but I am having second thoughts. 15% off could be a disaster to 100% of my fleet! What a mess!
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 03, 2011, 05:02 AM
Joined Dec 2010
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Test if it's the calibration or (what we see happening) the spring tension does not return it to center. Snip the stick and note the return value. Do it multiple times from different directions. If it's the spring tension, it will be different; sometimes high, sometimes low, sometimes positive, etc. If that's the case, turn to about page 40 in the manual to see how to adjust tension.

Andy
Thanks for your help Andy. I tried with stronger spring tension, perhaps it will be better (i cannot reproduce the bug for now). It's hard to say if it's resolved because it was very rare and i never mention it if i didn't fly in FBL. But in FBL when you have sometimes 6% at the aileron, it's potentialy dangerous of course.

Another question: We can see 6 screews at the bottom of the Dx8. 2<->, 2^-v, and 2 M. What's is the M screw's usage ?
furien is offline Find More Posts by furien
Old Mar 03, 2011, 05:04 AM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
649 Posts
Dear Andy,

I really appreciate your listening skills!!!
May I ask you a present?
Could you post a kind of list of foud issues that you have registered until now and that could be arranged in the future firmware?

Thank you very much in advance!!
Egidio
egicar is offline Find More Posts by egicar
Old Mar 03, 2011, 05:19 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by faxxe View Post
Yes, me too. But i was not sure if they know about all the actual occuring 6xxx rx issues. I read similar
issues in german boards.......
And you know this

Probleme DX8 // AR6100 // AR6100e //FBL-Systeme

http://support.horizonhobby.de/quest...%7DFBL-Systeme

This looks like more clone and FBL problem.
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Old Mar 03, 2011, 05:35 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egicar View Post
Could you post a kind of list of foud issues that you have registered until now and that could be arranged in the future firmware?
Each AirWare updates also included a list/Read Me file that contained not only a list of added features but also a list of software corrections.

Now IMO if there are any existing issues that remains to be addressed and YOU are not aware of them then chances are they do NOT affect you and there would be no need to list them as doing so will only cause more drama.

As it as been asked many times in the past, what they are doing is keeping track of them and are being addressed as per urgency.

If you have an issue then you should email HH or Andy or PM Andy with you're issue and they will surely take care of you.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 03, 2011, 06:02 AM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Each AirWare updates also included a list/Read Me file that contained not only a list of added features but also a list of software corrections.

Now IMO if there are any existing issues that remains to be addressed and YOU are not aware of them then chances are they do NOT affect you and there would be no need to list them as doing so will only cause more drama.

As it as been asked many times in the past, what they are doing is keeping track of them and are being addressed as per urgency.

If you have an issue then you should email HH or Andy or PM Andy with you're issue and they will surely take care of you.
Thanks a lot for your interest about my question, although it was addressed to Andy.
I like very much my DX8 and I hope to use it in security and completely under my control, without dangerous and uncontrollable issues.
So, my question was to prevent some (possible?) dangerouse situations.
I think that there is too much confusion, that doesn't help us owners and Spektrum as well. This condition should be solved with a Spektrum Official Ruling. It could also be: "Don't worry, our Customers. There is no risk associated with the appropriate use of our original product range".

Thanks again,
Egidio
Old Mar 03, 2011, 06:09 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,263 Posts
This is a public forum and this is why it so great, you get multiple answers from everyday users like yourself. If you want to ask Andy a question and you ONLY want him to answer it then try asking here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=5584
Send him a PM and at the same time ask yourself this. If you were selling a product and if it had minor issues would you PUBLICLY annouce what they are? I think not but you never know.

I just answered since I remember the answers from when he was asked a dozen time before you.

PS: Since HH has such a great customer service, when an ISSUE is reported that may cause such a concern you are worried about they POST a SERVICE BULLETIN like the UNCOMMANDED servo issue in the begining of its release that affect a few radios.

I was just trying to help a fellow member/DX8 owner/ and hobbiest. Sorry for doing so.
Funny how people post in a public forum but dont want the public to answer.
PM stands for Private Messaging.

Sorry I am just passionate about my radio and haven't had my coffee yet.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Mar 03, 2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 06:47 AM
Bath, PA
Joined Nov 2001
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun10 View Post
Printed logo on screen saying DSM2. When I called first to customer support I was treated as though I was wasting their time. Then ask to be transferred to tech support which I waited for 56min and got nowhere. What burns me was that I waited for a month before they got the new batch to order one, told by sales these are the new units had DSMX on the screen. I knew to ask this question from other forums. I know the only difference is the logo but saying one thing and getting another and on top of that then telling sorry but you open the box. I also noticed when I got the box the plastic rapper was re-taped and the transmitter was partially out of its bag. This makes me wonder what went on before I got it. Wonder if itís a reworked / refurbished unit?
Definitely follow up. I'm sure the radio is fine, but in the interest of customer satisfaction, they should deal with this for you. If the issue is important to you, it should be important to them, especially since you checked ahead of time. I think this run of issues probably has the tech. guys a little touchy, so someone may have been having a bad day.
lsnover is offline Find More Posts by lsnover
Old Mar 03, 2011, 06:54 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
And you know this

Probleme DX8 // AR6100 // AR6100e //FBL-Systeme

http://support.horizonhobby.de/quest...%7DFBL-Systeme

This looks like more clone and FBL problem.
That's about clones and satellite-only (on v-stabi and other FBL systems). I've read that. But my problems are caused by an original Spektrum RX (6200, 18 months old, there were no clones then, and the RX was part of my DX6i package). And most of the problems here also
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Mar 03, 2011, 07:12 AM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
This is a public forum and this is why it so great, you get multiple answers from everyday users like yourself. If you want to ask Andy a question and you ONLY want him to answer it then try asking here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=5584
Send him a PM and at the same time ask yourself this. If you were selling a product and if it had minor issues would you PUBLICLY annouce what they are? I think not but you never know.

I just answered since I remember the answers from when he was asked a dozen time before you.

PS: Since HH has such a great customer service, when an ISSUE is reported that may cause such a concern you are worried about they POST a SERVICE BULLETIN like the UNCOMMANDED servo issue in the begining of its release that affect a few radios.

I was just trying to help a fellow member/DX8 owner/ and hobbiest. Sorry for doing so.
Funny how people post in a public forum but dont want the public to answer.
PM stands for Private Messaging.

Sorry I am just passionate about my radio and haven't had my coffee yet.
I'm sorry if you interpretate my post like "what do you want?" It wasn't my intention.
I read your posts and I appreciate your passion.
Andy is a declarate qualified Spektrum member and he seems to be here also for a nice Customer care attitude.
In this case, I didn't use PM because I think that my request could interes other DX8 owners.
I attend this (and other) forum since 2007 and I know its rules

Again, sorry,
Egidio
Last edited by egicar; Mar 03, 2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 07:47 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzshuz View Post
If that's the case, then my "theory" of v2.0 and DSM2 receivers are, probably, irrelevant for you. I have the 2nd batch DX8. The only time I experienced an issue is when I switched to v2.0. Otherwise, it's been great to me.

Out of curiosity, are you having issues on multiple aircrafts/receivers?
Have you tested any questionable receivers outside of the aircraft, by plugging just plugging in servos and watching for uncommanded servo movement?
Have you tested with a different DX8, if possible?

I hope you get this situation resolved. The DX8 is an awsome radio.
I have had this issue with 6 different planes now, each running the AR6200. Unfortunately I don't have access to another DX8 to try them on, but I still have my DX6i, and all the planes except for 2 have been flown many, many times with no problems on it. It wasn't until I switched them to the DX8 that I started having this problem.
I haven't gotten a chance to try the AR8000 that came with the radio, or any of the AR7000's I have with the DX8 yet, because I don't want to risk any more of my planes.
speedy72vega is offline Find More Posts by speedy72vega
Old Mar 03, 2011, 08:20 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egicar View Post
Hello Egidio.

There are no bug issues that have been reported for the DX8 at this point. As for future enhancements, I do keep a list. Right now it takes about 5 pages of a notebook - quite a list of suggestions! You may learn what many of them are simply by scanning the forums. We do not publish a list, because we do not want to make it too easy for our competitors to know what features people desire.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 03, 2011, 08:24 AM
Joined Mar 2005
1,077 Posts
Andy,

Has HH thought about a forum in the Spectrum Community like Futaba has for there 12 and up radios.
Keep everything undercontrol for DX 8 owners. They would also see the problems and ideas directly .

Tony
T-spin is online now Find More Posts by T-spin
Old Mar 03, 2011, 08:35 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,395 Posts
Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzshuz View Post
Question for all 3 of ya...What version Airware were you using?
My guess is that indoorheli and speedy72vega were using v2.0+, right?

Based on these issues that some people have experienced, along with my own experience, I have a feeling that non DSMX comptible receivers is not the best solution for v2.0 and up. My reasoning is that these receivers were not originally designed for the DX8 v2.0 platform, where protocol can switch based on receiver communication. I never experienced experienced a single glitch with the AR6100 v1.6 using the DX8 v1.4. I never had single glitch with my DX7, either, except with my Trex 450. But that was caused by the motor or esc. Both replaced and all was fine.

I have a theory (more like wild guess) on what's happening, but I can't verify since I don't understand signals nor do I know how to use an oscilloscope. I'm curious if the pulses transmitted in DSMX mode is the same as in DSM2. I'm thinking maybe the DX8, sometimes, transmits in DSMX mode by accident. Considering that the pulses are different in DSMX, this would cause a momentary loss of signal or glitch of some sort. Again, just a wild guess.

So as long as you stick with v1.4 for DSM2 only receivers or 2.0+ with DSMX receivers, you should be fine
DX8's have been had the DSMX/DSM2 mode switchability all along - it's just that version 1 had the switch locked in the DSM2 mode and you couldn't change it or see the option. There has been no change to the protocol.

That's why it was only a download for the DX8. All we did is enable access to the switch. Pretty tricky, eh?

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor