HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2010, 09:49 AM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Mini-Review
Key Chain Cam for your autogyro!!!

I bought a key chain cam from Hobby King ( http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13447 ) it was worth a gamble of $7.69 I figured. I did have a mini SD card on hand also. I wanted to fly one of my gyros, but was running out of time and the weather was unpredictable because of the hurricane heading north along the coast.

I activated the movie function and taped it to the battery on my Corona. I insulated it with some soft foam. Also remember the Coronas were not known for smoothness! LOL! Anyway....I took off, did some circuits around me and my neighbor's yard then wanted to do some higher flight. As I climbed.....the wind grabbed it and it started zooming upward. I dropped the throttle and it just did not want to come down. Eventually I had to nose it down quite a bit and I got her back down. Even in cloudy-rainy weather, I thought is was great for a $8.00 cam.

So if I can get a decent picture with my rickity old Corona.....this cam mounted on your plane or auotgyro will be good.

Dave

Key Chain Video Camera (2 min 55 sec)
imsofaman is offline Find More Posts by imsofaman
Last edited by imsofaman; Sep 04, 2010 at 11:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2010, 06:34 PM
frash
Joined Feb 2006
121 Posts
Key Chain Cam

What is the weight of the Hobby King Keychain video cam?

One guy that I fly with has the same one or something similar. It gave a fairly good video from a ground test, but I don't think his has been airborne yet

The price is certainly right!

Fred Rash
frash is offline Find More Posts by frash
Old Sep 04, 2010, 10:08 PM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Minus the key chain....I am not sure as I dont have any scale that could weigh something that small. It is very light for sure. I will do another movie showing how to operate it.

Dave
Old Sep 04, 2010, 11:07 PM
Kaiapoi , New Zealand
Joined Jun 2007
600 Posts
key chain cams weight is at 16 gms. I have had one on my gyro now for a round 4 months. take really good movies.
mintie is offline Find More Posts by mintie
Old Sep 05, 2010, 10:25 PM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
What sort of autogyro is that mintie? I'm thinking of cutting a depron gyro soon and that looks the ticket.

G

PS - Don't mention the rugby - please.
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old Sep 06, 2010, 01:44 AM
Kaiapoi , New Zealand
Joined Jun 2007
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glydr View Post
What sort of autogyro is that mintie? I'm thinking of cutting a depron gyro soon and that looks the ticket.

G

PS - Don't mention the rugby - please.

Dont worry about the rugby we now have bigger problems with the earthquakes here.
Here is the gyro link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1008868
read it through and build one they are a great little machine. cheers Mintie
mintie is offline Find More Posts by mintie
Old Sep 06, 2010, 07:28 AM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
Cheers minitie - sorry to hear about the earthquake (haven't been watching the news lately).
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old Sep 10, 2010, 08:10 AM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
I have discovered something about the the camera. I crashed a plane in high winds with the camera attached (forgot to turn it on) and the camera took a violent hit. Something rattled inside. I unscrewed 2 small screws and open it up. The lipo came loose as the double sided tape let go in the crash. I put it back in plate and put a dot of Goo on the side of the battery for good measure. It works well after such a hit.

I did the same way with my Muvi camera and that was destroyed. I like the $7.00 camera a lot better!!!

Dave