SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:07 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
It's not the vid A. It's the attitude :P.

CJ
True.

Also check out the QAV500, only heard good things from Mudlark so far, next on my list =]

Also, anyone thinking of flying from the beach...GIVE PLENTY OF TIME FOR THE TIDE! haha
Nearly got caught out today! Pics and vid soon!
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:57 AM
Joined Jan 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
True.

Also check out the QAV500, only heard good things from Mudlark so far, next on my list =]

Also, anyone thinking of flying from the beach...GIVE PLENTY OF TIME FOR THE TIDE! haha
Nearly got caught out today! Pics and vid soon!
I love mine can't fault it nothing's cheap in this game unless you go to China.
I have an iconic x on the way similar to the qav 500 also worth a look
dallibab is offline Find More Posts by dallibab
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:08 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallibab View Post
I love mine can't fault it nothing's cheap in this game unless you go to China.
I have an iconic x on the way similar to the qav 500 also worth a look
So that's 2 on the QAV500 =]

Got to crash this one first! Closest ive come is catching it on the wall as I was leaving the house lol

True it can be expensive, but I managed to get my Q450 in the air for around 110-120, including shipping
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:30 AM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,042 Posts
Quote:
So that's 2 on the QAV500 =]

Got to crash this one first! Closest ive come is catching it on the wall as I was leaving the house lol

True it can be expensive, but I managed to get my Q450 in the air for around 110-120, including shipping
3, bloody brilliant frame, its a pure design
TBS frame - uh - over priced & uses crap arms, all they did was make the plates...

flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:38 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,484 Posts
Beach flight

Heres the vid,

Mini Skywalker - FPV - Beach (2 min 57 sec)

And here's how close I was to getting drowned! OK... a bit wet!
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:41 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
3, bloody brilliant frame, its a pure design
TBS frame - uh - over priced & uses crap arms, all they did was make the plates...

Win!
What set-up are you guys using?
Im running NTM prop drive motors at the moment on my cheapo frame =P ...still don't know whether I like them or not...
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:53 AM
um, yea, I can make that crash
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,706 Posts
For Sale:

Ordered two 800mw 900mhz from BEVRC by mistake, the pair are yours for 50.

Edit: link removed, err, don't know what's going on there...
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Last edited by Wayno Complaino; Jan 03, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:56 AM
Just put it on the credit card
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOne View Post
The DJI vid where the guy kicks the frame around the room, treads on it and throws it out of a high window into the car park below is pretty impressive. Although we don't see the final result of the fall you can't see any bits fall off at the bottom.

I'll have to check them out further.

A.
I have broken several of the legs. They are strong, but if you land on one corner it will break. On the plus side replacement legs are cheap, so I now have four spare. LOL
JaeDubbya is offline Find More Posts by JaeDubbya
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:11 PM
Joined Mar 2009
1,270 Posts
Hi Folks,

This is what has been occupying me over the rainy days of Christmas. I had been intending to do this since I sold my Skywalker, which I never really enjoyed flying.

Ran out of daylight to test fly it today - so hopefully it will be in the air tomorrow.

This is the fifth different project that the wing has been used on. I originally built it in the 1980's to carry one of my Canon SLR's and it has been used for all sorts of things since, although 4 out of the 5 have been different configurations for carrying a camera of some sort. The last time it was a twin - so I have left the pods on as hard points for the fpv cameras / video Tx. I intend to make alternative nose / canopy sections, depending on what payload or camera system I want to use. - It just plugs on for quick access to the batteries etc.
The tail booms unbolt and there is a centre hinge on the inverted Vee tail to allow it to be folded flat for transport.

If it flys as well as it has in previous incarnations, it will be much smoother and more precise than the Skywalker was and have a much bigger speed range. - Well that is the plan at least

Malc
highviz is online now Find More Posts by highviz
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:14 PM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Gorilla glue isn't too bad, just work quickly. have pre prepared strips of masking tape, a bowl you don't mind throwing away (a clean chinese tub is perfect), sanded and de-dusted surfaces.

Big glob of gorilla glue in the bowl, about half as much again in pure water, very quick mix, very thin spread over your gluing surface, Mate the surfaces then cover all edges with masking tape. Make sure where ever you put the model down will keep it from warping while setting, and is covered in news paper.

After about 25 mins, any bits that have squeezed out will have settled enough to be pinched off. two hours later and rip off the tape, lightweight solid filled joint

CJ
Gorilla glue is great IMO but in this climate you do not need any moisture to activate it adding moisture, i have read, reduces the glues strength

But if you are using a glue/water mix as a expanding filler it still has very good adhesive qualities and adding water "lightens" the weight of the bond though weaker

Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:19 PM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post
Hi Folks,

This is what has been occupying me over the rainy days of Christmas.

Malc
Very nice Malc!

Very WOT4 style wings! haha

Any UC? do the props have plenty of clearance?
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:30 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post
Hi Folks,

This is what has been occupying me over the rainy days of Christmas. I had been intending to do this since I sold my Skywalker, which I never really enjoyed flying.

Ran out of daylight to test fly it today - so hopefully it will be in the air tomorrow.

This is the fifth different project that the wing has been used on. I originally built it in the 1980's to carry one of my Canon SLR's and it has been used for all sorts of things since, although 4 out of the 5 have been different configurations for carrying a camera of some sort. The last time it was a twin - so I have left the pods on as hard points for the fpv cameras / video Tx. I intend to make alternative nose / canopy sections, depending on what payload or camera system I want to use. - It just plugs on for quick access to the batteries etc.
The tail booms unbolt and there is a centre hinge on the inverted Vee tail to allow it to be folded flat for transport.

If it flys as well as it has in previous incarnations, it will be much smoother and more precise than the Skywalker was and have a much bigger speed range. - Well that is the plan at least

Malc
How was the first photo taken?? Looks like it's floating!
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:30 PM
Joined Mar 2009
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Very nice Malc!

Very WOT4 style wings! haha

Any UC? do the props have plenty of clearance?

Funny you should say that - I seem to remember that I based the wing section on the Wot4 - but stretched in both chord and span.

No undercarriage - I want to be able to fly it from rough fields. The fuselage pod is quite deep, so will protect the prop to some extent, but I'll probably fit a folding prop anyway.....
highviz is online now Find More Posts by highviz
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:36 PM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
For Sale:
Lol, something very strange happens when I click that link!

flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Last edited by flylite; Jan 03, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:38 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
Lol, something very strange happens when I click that link!

indeed
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99