SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2014, 09:48 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
1,217 Posts
Mini-HowTo
A step by step video guide on how to build a Mini H Quad in 100 minutes or less.

I wanted to do a 90 minutes to flight video, but I ran over. None the less, here is a step by step video of how to build and fly a Mini H Quad.

Build a Mini Quad (1 hr 45 min 52 sec)

Errata: I know I installed the XT60 connectors wrong. Figured it out when I did the battery connector, then tried to charge it.

There is a set yaw command in the baseflight cli to rotate the Naze32. I set mine for 270 degrees and that cured the servo connector in the wrong place problem.

I don't discuss the Naze32 initial setup. There are better videos than mine about the Naze32.

Before you fly you will need to connect the Naze32 to the Google chrome baseflight config and initialize your accelerometers, make sure your radio is working and everything else that goes with setting up a Naze for a first flight. This video is about getting everything wired up right.
cyberbillp is offline Find More Posts by cyberbillp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:02 AM
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
5,062 Posts
Good job
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Old Jul 30, 2014, 05:57 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,217 Posts
Thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 07:40 AM
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
5,062 Posts
Question.... When you are saying when you are soldering ESC with motor with "flat" wires (left to left, central to central, etc...), you have a CCW .motor... it's depending of the motor'type I guess ? coz with my RCX ZMR 1804, I had a CW motors with such way
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Old Jul 30, 2014, 09:39 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy View Post
Question.... When you are saying when you are soldering ESC with motor with "flat" wires (left to left, central to central, etc...), you have a CCW .motor... it's depending of the motor'type I guess ? coz with my RCX ZMR 1804, I had a CW motors with such way
Yeah, I think every ESC and motor combo would be different. All you can do is wire it up and find out. Then write it all down.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 09:45 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,220 Posts
Good job Bill! If you play back the video at 1.5x2 speed you no longer have a cold
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 30, 2014, 09:48 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Good job Bill! If you play back the video at 1.5x2 speed you no longer have a cold
That might speed up some of my soldering too.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 06:12 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
2,443 Posts
With most ESCs, with the ESC facing up, left to left, middle to middle and right to right will give you CCW direction (exception of rotation specific for locking threads). At least that is what I have always seen.. Maybe I'm backwards I can't remember now, I never care that much great video!
Waterbound is offline Find More Posts by Waterbound
RCG Plus Member