SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2010, 08:16 AM
Derby ,East Midlands UK
Joined May 2007
102 Posts
Discussion
Parkzone T28 Electrics in Alfa Warbird

Hi there , just wondering, i have the e flite 30 amp esc , parkzone zx10 transmitter and reciever, pz servos and and pz T28 brushless motor, all this is from the PZ T28, would i be able to use any of these in an alfa warbird . youre probably wondering why dont i just put them in a new T28 Frame, but i would preferably like an Alfa Models airframe. Thanks in advance.
braaivleis2003 is offline Find More Posts by braaivleis2003
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:01 AM
north plainfield, NJ
Joined Apr 2009
57 Posts
most, if not all, alfa frames are smaller than the t28 so the motor would be overkill. you can keep the servos and the receiver but get a diff bl motor and esc.

at least thats what i think and i have the t28 and an alfa p47. both great planes..
jersey flyer is offline Find More Posts by jersey flyer
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:40 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,504 Posts
Far far too much motor. The Alfa's fly well on 100-150w and LIGHT power systems.

You can get pretty cheap power systems for around $30 for the Alfa's. When flown light they are a true joy!
pda4you is online now Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:46 AM
Derby ,East Midlands UK
Joined May 2007
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey flyer View Post
most, if not all, alfa frames are smaller than the t28 so the motor would be overkill. you can keep the servos and the receiver but get a diff bl motor and esc.

at least thats what i think and i have the t28 and an alfa p47. both great planes..
Ok, so youre saying that i can use the reciever and servos, does that mean the transmitter will be ok as well, and why would the esc not be suitable. I can understand the motor not being suitable, yeah i agree with you , the T28 is a great plane , have not yet flown an Alfa, but hope to in the near future.
braaivleis2003 is offline Find More Posts by braaivleis2003
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:18 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,666 Posts
The esc is a bit overkill too, and that just means extra weight.

As for the receiver and transmitter...I tossed the rx after my first flight with the T-28. It's really junk, imo. The transmitter I keep around because it will work as a buddy box with my DX6i.

Servos should be fine, but they are also kinda big for the alfa airframes. You might as well save the PZ parts for another Trojan or Corsair and then spend a few bucks in hong kong on some new gear for the alfa.

Then you will have at least two planes!!!
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg